Someone has to make us fly..

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
It's become my personal goal to share with not only employees who may have already read this, but with other non-employees as well. These are stories of awesome human beings (IMO) who take a minute out of their lives to make sure another human being is taken care of.

"I make US Fly"
Each week we'll run a story about an employee who made US fly through his/her exceptional efforts. This week, we're featuring RNO's Tony Aubright, who was recognized by Customer Relations Rep. James Sanders.

I just received a call from a pasenger who had received word that her dying father only had very few hours to live. She called other airline reservations centers to no avail, then she reached Tony Aubright in our Reno reservations department.

Tony searched for flights from PHL to PDX while consoling the caller. Our flight was several hours away, but he was able to locate a flight on another airline connecting through Dallas, then arranged for the other airline to hold the flight for her.

She made the flights and got to her father's bedside just two hours before he died. Had he just booked her on our flights she would not have had those two precious hours to spend with her father. She called me to make sure he's recognized. This is why I work here. I was sobbing when we hung up.

RELIABLE Tony is a shining example of real customer service. This holiday season, let's all strive to make every travel experience predictably good and every customer interaction exceptional, even if they aren't flying with US that particular day. With service like Tony's, we know they'll be back. Thanks, Tony, for making US fly!

Its too bad that we do not treat our own employees like this....I had a family member pass 2 days ago...very, very upsetting. I kept my management team posted....finally relayed the tragic news. Got told that they were sorry for my loss and then in the next breath, unfortunately you do not qualify for bereavement pay/time off. Really made me stop and think what has happened to the company I used to work for....where we are headed....at this point in time....this is just a job for me. This new way/culture is lacking mucho compassion and class.
I thank all of those in west QM that assisted me in the past month getting where I needed to be....
I thank the east pass line for helping me get my stepson where he needed to be when the ETC would not work.
what happened to taking care of the internal customers?

A few months ago I received a phone call from my brother, as I was just about to go through security in PHX, that my mom had passed away during the night. I was supposed to check in for a 2-day trip in about 20 minutes. I went upstairs to the check-in room and, luckily for me, my supervisor was already in. (Yes, I am one of the very lucky flight attendants to have a really good supervisor!) He saw I was upset and immediately took me to his office. He called scheduling and told them my id# and asked them to take me off my trip and put bereavement leave on my line. The scheduler then asked the supv. why I was waiting until 10 minutes before my check in time to tell them I needed bereavement leave. Such empathy!!

My supv. then took a deep breath, tried to control his anger and told the scheduler about the phone call I had just received and seeing that it was only 6:15am he assumed they had some reserves in the hot room and his suggestion was she send one down to my flight and just deal with it.

Kudos to my supervisor, but the scheduler should try using a little tact.

However,

I must say I was hurt online(OJI) and the HP SOC Crew Desk was very nice to me. They pushed my deadhead flight back due to the new drugs I would be taking, Also they truly ask how I was feeling. They wanted to know if they could do anything for me such as fly my family in while I was staying in the hospital. The SOC HP sched that night was very kind and sweet. I must say I had a angel working that night. I think it is all who you get. :up: So thanks to that sched. that night. :up: :D ....