RETIREES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2005
INDIANA
Visit site
I AGREE DOH FOR EVERY ONE..IT ISNT FAIR TO CHANGE THERE BENIFIT AFTER THERE GONE..THEY BUILT THIS COMPANY AND THEY DESERVE THERE FLYING BENIFITS AND THERE HEALTH CARE THAT WAS PROMISED TO THEM.

If a company will not take care of there old employees then where are there morals.....

How dare anyone hurt the old and weak.They have taken there medical there retirement and now you all think its ok to take there boarding senority....

with you all its all about me me me.....how about thinking about the man or woman who are now old and living on a fixed income and the company just dumps them....on the goverment with out medical insurance and now you think its ok to take everything from them....

In my book anyone who hurts and steals from the old americans that built this company and others...its happening all over this country ,are thieves and thugs.

no matter what anyone says I know whats right
and hurting old folks is plain wrong....
and trust me they have been hurt and bad...

How does someone who took from old retirees sleep at night. and how do you all just think about your selfs.

Im 45...my father retired in 95 as a mechanic.
i know what happened as it hit home...my father now has luchemeia and has no health insurance after putting in 35 years....he now has lost his gold pass and will not even fly because hes 70 and cant sit at the airport all day while 2 year employees get on in front of him and my 70 year old mother...
he worked 30 years on third shift...and now has luchemia.his medical precriptions are 600 a month..never seen before in my family.
worked in wheel and brake shop and the line...

so go ahead and hurt him some more...youve already took everthing from him, and he gave you all he had for 35 years...

sleep well...your time will come when you will be judged.Ill be there to testify.

Full Edit
Quick Edit « Next Oldest · US Airways · Next Newest »

It's a bad deal for the people that are retired. Plain and simple. Keep in mind though that the people that are working don't really care about the people that are not working anymore. Just the way it is.

If the company had gone out of business the situation would be the same.

I AGREE DOH FOR EVERY ONE..IT ISNT FAIR TO CHANGE THERE BENIFIT AFTER THERE GONE..THEY BUILT THIS COMPANY AND THEY DESERVE THERE FLYING BENIFITS AND THERE HEALTH CARE THAT WAS PROMISED TO THEM.

If a company will not take care of there old employees then where are there morals.....

How dare anyone hurt the old and weak.They have taken there medical there retirement and now you all think its ok to take there boarding senority....

with you all its all about me me me.....how about thinking about the man or woman who are now old and living on a fixed income and the company just dumps them....on the goverment with out medical insurance and now you think its ok to take everything from them....

In my book anyone who hurts and steals from the old americans that built this company and others...its happening all over this country ,are thieves and thugs.

no matter what anyone says I know whats right
and hurting old folks is plain wrong....
and trust me they have been hurt and bad...

How does someone who took from old retirees sleep at night. and how do you all just think about your selfs.

Im 45...my father retired in 95 as a mechanic.
i know what happened as it hit home...my father now has luchemeia and has no health insurance after putting in 35 years....he now has lost his gold pass and will not even fly because hes 70 and cant sit at the airport all day while 2 year employees get on in front of him and my 70 year old mother...
he worked 30 years on third shift...and now has luchemia.his medical precriptions are 600 a month..never seen before in my family.
worked in wheel and brake shop and the line...

so go ahead and hurt him some more...youve already took everthing from him, and he gave you all he had for 35 years...

sleep well...your time will come when you will be judged.Ill be there to testify.

Full Edit
Quick Edit « Next Oldest · US Airways · Next Newest »

It's a matter of opinion how far a company should take honoring retirees. The military way is retirees always wait behind active duty and do so happily. Voluntarily giving up a spot inline for an active duty member by a retiree is common place and is expected in the military. Why should civilian aviation be different? Active employees are the reason why we even have benefits as retirees. Now if I run into a US Airways/AWA retiree I'll always give them due respect, swap an my aisle seat for a middle seat if they so desire, help crossing the street, a ride to the grocery store, help carrying the luggage...no problem, but don't ask me to voluntarily bump myself off the flight to give them my seat unless it's a hardship case which the case above would qualify. Always give elders their due respect, but respect should also be given by the elders to those who take care of them. Give and take in both directions, not to the point of "worshipping" one side or the other, but to show mutal respect.

Topic is closed. You can continue this conversation here.

AIRCRAFTMECHANIC you have a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.