RPA Lawsuit Dismissed

You are so right Nancy. I was at the MIA Road Show and they had a small showing of about 35 f/a's. For such a large militant base that is ridiculous.

IORFA, with over 18,000 nAAtive f/a's, how could we control a vote? It's simple most of the members are about the me me society. Your voter turn out is low according to past history and very apathetic.

I remember talking to an AA f/a in 2003 and asked her about the vote. Her answer was "What vote?" LOL

You are so right Nancy. I was at the MIA Road Show and they had a small showing of about 35 f/a's. For such a large militant base that is ridiculous.

IORFA, with over 18,000 nAAtive f/a's, how could we control a vote? It's simple most of the members are about the me me society. Your voter turn out is low according to past history and very apathetic.

I remember talking to an AA f/a in 2003 and asked her about the vote. Her answer was "What vote?" LOL

Part of it is apathy, part of it is people having to work more, and part is disgust with the union. I would say the working excuse is probably the biggest reason. MIA and IMA have a lot of low time trips on their bid sheets that don't really afford the luxury of having a free day to attend a road show. Add to that the large amount of commuters in MIA who really aren't flying in to go to a show on their day off.

There's no excuse for someone not voting in APFA elections. I think those people who don't vote should be outed in skyword like Juan Johnson did for awhile with those in dues arrears. I think they should take it one step further aind list how many elections those people didn't vote in in the previous year. That would get people voting.

Compulsary democracy doesn't work nearly as well as it sounds.

The people who don't vote today are just as likely to vote for the name they like the most or the first person listed on the ballot, regardless what the person stands for.

Compulsary democracy doesn't work nearly as well as it sounds.

The people who don't vote today are just as likely to vote for the name they like the most or the first person listed on the ballot, regardless what the person stands for.
Who cares. At least then everyone has earned the right to b*tch and everyone else can stop b*tching about people who don't vote and who may/may not have swayed an election! Right?

Skymess, I could not agree with you more. If APFA printed <outed> those that did not vote, it would take up four pages in Skyword or maybe more. :eek:

As history shows with most airlines, voting is very apathetic. However when it come to a strike vote, you will see more ballots.

I also agree with you about the complainers that did not vote or bother attending any Union meeting or read pertinent material and then they complain on the J/S. I really don't want to hear their bitching and moaning.

Who cares. At least then everyone has earned the right to b*tch and everyone else can stop b*tching about people who don't vote and who may/may not have swayed an election! Right?

Uh, OK.... Just keep in mind that having a lot of uninformed people vote is a lot more dangerous to your career than having to listen to people b!tch and moan about the outcome.

Latest posts