Corinth2103

Aug 20, 2002
Chicago
www.usaviation.com
This is Tommie Hutto-Blake, APFA President, with an update to this
week's hotline.

Today is November 30, 2004 and on today's date in the United States
District Court in the Eastern District of New York, Judge Nina
Gershon's 22 page ruling was forwarded to the parties involved.
Judge Gershon has granted the motions of both APFA and AA to dismiss
in its entirety the Amended Complaint in the lawsuit filed by the
former TWA flight attendants as represented by the International
Association of Machinists. The issue in this Amended Complaint is
the challenge to the 2001 Seniority Integration Agreement between
APFA and AA. Again, Judge Gershon has dismissed the Seniority
Integration Lawsuit in its entirety. This written opinion and order
will be posted in full on the APFA website.

This Federal District Court ruling is a giant step toward putting
this piece of our history behind us. We must remember that former
CEO Don Carty created this dispute with the 2001 purchase of TWA.
The after shocks of this purchase are still felt by our combined
workgroup - both active and furloughed. With today's ruling the
active AA flight attendants are the victors. The APFA membership
must now move forward together, with strength and dignity for all.
APFA has much to do in the next leg of our collective journey. We,
the AA flight attendants and APFA membership, have created our
career together and now we must protect and perserve our overall
contract - together. Today was a remarkable day for APFA.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't ALL of the TWA flight attendents been furloughed? If so this is not a victory for them now is it ? Sounds like they were screwed kinda like the TWA pilots. Good ole APFA and ALPO at work again.

appnavapp said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't ALL of the TWA flight attendents been furloughed? If so this is not a victory for them now is it ? Sounds like they were screwed kinda like the TWA pilots. Good ole APFA and ALPO at work again.
[post="205057"][/post]​

TWA still alive through TWU. Thanks.

TWAers at AA are underfire again...furloughs handed out this week, eff. Dec 4th, and eff. Dec 17th....MERRY CHRISTMAS from AA!!!

Not only did TWA lose - but case law has been set for other airline combination.

As I often have posted - be careful what you wish for. AA's time is yet to come- but it will.

jsn25911 said:
Not only did TWA lose - but case law has been set for other airline combination.
As I often have posted - be careful what you wish for. AA's time is yet to come- but it will.
[post="205106"][/post]​

Thats good of you to hope for. :rolleyes:

I'm glad thats over with....OR IS IT? B)

Did everyone agree to accept the judges decision with no sour grapes? Somewhere I think I heard that before though.
Oh yeah, it was right here!

Drippy Quill said:
TWAers at AA are underfire again...furloughs handed out this week, eff. Dec 4th, and eff. Dec 17th....MERRY CHRISTMAS from AA!!!
[post="205074"][/post]​

Dont forget to thank the TWU too!

By the way I think that she could have left out the comments about it being a "Victory" and a "remarkable day for the APFA".

The fact is there were only losers in this whole deal, only some came out worse than others.

Terms like that should be saved for either when they get back all they lost or shut down the whole thing.Saying stuff like that would only encourage laid off TWA F/As to scab should the Flight Attendants strike.

I for one who came to AA off the street, am relieved its over. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. I just could not understand why the TWA f/a's thought they should have any Seniority. AA company transfers never receive what TWA f/a's got (Pay credit at top scale). Justice prevailed, for a change!!! Yes!!! Now if we could exclude TWA f/a's from the recall rights, then we can keep the bad blood from poisoning the system!!! Oh and if anyone wants to answer this one. If you left TWA (when the writing on the wall was clear) and went to AA and started from the bottom again. Should they have had their Seniority bridged too? Oh well... Another day another dollar...
Oh and if your wondering why I'm being so harsh. It's all those bitter f/a's from TWA that disgraced AA when they were still flying. Two examples: Loosy service, with attitude, I received as a full revenue customer from HNL-STL in 2002. Also for the f/a's that kept pestering me in MIA, with their sarcasm, and stressful commute issues. We all have our share of challenges, some more than others. That's life...

*Proud*AAf/a* said:
I for one who came to AA off the street, am relieved its over. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. I just could not understand why the TWA f/a's thought they should have any Seniority. AA company transfers never receive what TWA f/a's got (Pay credit at top scale). Justice prevailed, for a change!!! Yes!!! Now if we could exclude TWA f/a's from the recall rights, then we can keep the bad blood from poisoning the system!!! Oh and if anyone wants to answer this one. If you left TWA (when the writing on the wall was clear) and went to AA and started from the bottom again. Should they have had their Seniority bridged too? Oh well... Another day another dollar...
Oh and if your wondering why I'm being so harsh. It's all those bitter f/a's from TWA that disgraced AA when they were still flying. Two examples: Loosy service, with attitude, I received as a full revenue customer from HNL-STL in 2002. Also for the f/a's that kept pestering me in MIA, with their sarcasm, and stressful commute issues. We all have our share of challenges, some more than others. That's life...

[post="205120"][/post]​
No reason to kick a person when they are down. show some class

Why the TWA F/As believed they would have some seniority? Well, first APFA told TWAers they would not be stapled and second AA promised to use their reasonable best efforts to see a fair and equitable seniority integration took place and they promised to follow the recommendations of the fact finder they were to hire and to follow the procedures laid out by that fact finder. Those were conditions of purchase.

The judge has said that the RLA trumps a tort suit. It is likely it will be appealed. It isn't over.

I find it interesting you post in huge purple letters signifying your hatred of TWAers as identified by the contents of your post. Lovely to see and read of your hostility towards the TWA F/As. I gather you'll be one of those keeping the hatred alive...

L1011Ret said:
Well, first APFA told TWAers they would not be stapled.
The judge has said that the RLA trumps a tort suit. It is likely it will be appealed. It isn't over.

[post="205125"][/post]​

That is the FIRST time I have EVER heard that first sentence. I thought it was AA who made those promises.

Of course it isn't over....It was just expected to be laid to rest only if the OTHER side won. :rolleyes:

L1011Ret said:
Why the TWA F/As believed they would have some seniority? Well, first APFA told TWAers they would not be stapled and second AA promised to use their reasonable best efforts to see a fair and equitable seniority integration took place and they promised to follow the recommendations of the fact finder they were to hire and to follow the procedures laid out by that fact finder. Those were conditions of purchase.

I find it interesting you post in huge purple letters signifying your hatred I gather by the contents of your post.
[post="205125"][/post]​
I think the big font and Purple letters is an example of his or her maturity

Be careful what you wish for Proud......AA now has their scabs should you EVER complain about a crappy contract. The TWA f/a's should have received integration....especially after it was promised from the beginning. People in glass houses, yada yada yada. Hope this doesn't come back to bite you when the LCC's take over your airline and you get stapled.

Well, the real joke is that the very ones who are rejoicing over this decision are clamoring for scope clauses in the next contract that will prevent another airline or another union from doing to us what we did to TWA. I won't be around for many years; so, I probably won't be here to see the "what goes around comes around" event, but I think it will happen.