Twa Seniority Lawsuit Dismissed

MCI transplant said:
<_< a.a. Your right, and your wrong! You may be right on the 757's, but your wrong on the seniority thing! This is your hange up, not mine! The Seniority issue will be worked out in due course! And no matter what the outcome, neather you, or myself ,well have any effect on it!! I can live with that! Can you????
[post="227707"][/post]​

I was under the impression that the seniority thing was worked out in the Kasher decision, or are you referring to the flight attendants in court? If you are refering to the mechanics and ramp, then we both are living with it now via the Kasher ruling (100%, 25%, or 4/10/01).

MCI transplant said:
<_< aa----- Lesson in Ecconomics 101! If the fromer TWA A/C are making a.a. money and the lease rates are faverable, a.a. will renew those lease! If not, they will dump them! That's true with any of a.a.'s A/C! We know what your agenda is! To dump everything, and everyone, that was TWA! Ever think, maybe that's not quit the case with a.a.? Their first prerecusate should be making a profit! There is a differance! :shock:
[post="227647"][/post]​

Forget economics, try third grade again.

Please use Spell-check in the future.

(We don't want to give the nAAtives the impression x-TWAers can't spell )
:D

aafsc said:
I was under the impression that the seniority thing was worked out in the Kasher decision, or are you referring to the flight attendants in court? If you are refering to the mechanics and ramp, then we both are living with it now via the Kasher ruling (100%, 25%, or 4/10/01).
[post="227711"][/post]​
<_< What's this thread is all about! Yes! I was refurring to the F/A's Lawsuit! And the farming out of exTWA work to TUL, per the same Kasher decision you refured to!!! :down:

AAquila said:

[post="227826"][/post]​
AAQuila----- I'm the first to admit I'm the world's worst speller! But you know something! I get my point across! In fact, it's a little game I play to see what little minds I can snag with those who can't see the differance between what is trivial, and what is pertinent to the subject at hand! What I'm trying to say is I feel it's more inportant "what a person say" than "how he says it"!!!!!!And if you can't understand that! Look this up in your Polish dictionary! " Putsa voya mea dupa!!!"(Probably Mis-spelled!)

AAquila said:

[post="227826"][/post]​

Have you ever considered manners class? I believe that is taught in first grade.

"The TWA transaction is quite different. TWA is one way or another going to disappear as a corporate entity. So what we're doing by acquiring TWA is simply preserving 21,000 jobs and a very important and vital hub operation in St. Louis," Carty said.

Drippy Quill said:
"The TWA transaction is quite different. TWA is one way or another going to disappear as a corporate entity. So what we're doing by acquiring TWA is simply preserving 21,000 jobs and a very important and vital hub operation in St. Louis," Carty said.
[post="227996"][/post]​

This statement was made prior to 9/11, SARS, Iraq war, etc. So your saying that those 21,000 TWA jobs should have been preserved forever at the expense of 21,000 nAAtives' jobs. Guess what, it did not happen and it's not going to happen. NAAtives never wanted this transaction. You TWA people should love Don Carty because 6,000 of you are still here and the rest worked for another 2 years. We nAAtives despise him for a number of reasons and the TWA deal is one of them.

aafsc said:
This statement was made prior to 9/11, SARS, Iraq war, etc. So your saying that those 21,000 TWA jobs should have been preserved forever at the expense of 21,000 nAAtives' jobs. Guess what, it did not happen and it's not going to happen. NAAtives never wanted this transaction. You TWA people should love Don Carty because 6,000 of you are still here and the rest worked for another 2 years. We nAAtives despise him for a number of reasons and the TWA deal is one of them.
[post="228001"][/post]​

Nail...on the head....you hit! ;)

Key Slots American Acquired at US Airports after the TWA Purchase
JFK 84
LGA 51 (41 Jet/10 commuter)
DCA 34 (All jet)
ORD 2
source: American Airline analyst presentation

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Optimism soared as high as 747s above Lambert Airport two years ago when American Airlines completed its buyout of bankrupt Trans World Airlines, saving thousands of jobs and retaining the St. Louis airport as a vital hub.

Two-and-a-half years later, half of those TWA workers have lost their jobs. As of November, American will cut the number of departures out of St. Louis by more than half, to 207 from 417, the company announced this week. Nonstop service will be axed to 27 destinations. Smaller planes will be used. And some believe the scaling back isn't finished yet.

It's not that Fort Worth, Texas-based American made a mistake in purchasing debt-ridden TWA, experts say. Nor, they say, has the airline betrayed its adopted community.

Drippy Quill said:
Key Slots American Acquired at US Airports after the TWA Purchase
JFK 84
LGA 51 (41 Jet/10 commuter)
DCA 34 (All jet)
ORD 2
source: American Airline analyst presentation
[post="228010"][/post]​

Price AA paid for these slots:

$400 million in cash ($625 million cash minus about the $225 million from sale of Worldspan).
$735 million (assumption of TWA employee retiree medical, current and retired TWA
Inc. employees).
$200 million (approximate amount assumed for other long term debts and payments
TWA employees 401k that TWA Inc. owed).
$3 billion in renegotiated leases of TWA aircraft.

plus how many more millions for putting TWA people on the payroll at much higher wage rates than they were making at TWA, the cost of training and uniforms for the TWA people, the cost of changing the signs at the airports, and the cost of repainting the TWA planes and converting them over to
AA specifications.
Not to mention the cost in time and money of lawsuits brought by the former TWA people. And finally the cost in terms of low morale amongst nAAtives as the result of this foolish transaction on Carty's part.

aafsc said:
[post="228001"][/post]​

*I believe Carty stated that, not I.

* You TWA people? You see a difference between you and I? I am an AA employee, our unionistic views may differ, but we receive remittance from the same employer...get used to it "brother".

* Being here is a blessing? I do not think you'll find any ex TWA employees that are happy to be here, or that love Carty. I can not wait for the day the nAAtives have to face the same scenerio as what was witnessed by TWA employees...I hope you're as strong and do not face the same populous we did.

NEW YORK (CNNfn) - A U.S. Appeals Court lifted its stay on AMR Corp.'s acquisition of Trans World Airlines Monday, clearing the way for completion of the $742 million purchase of TWA.

* I believe the re-negotiated leases were millions less.

*According to your stats it was a billion dollar deal?

Drippy Quill said:
*I believe Carty stated that, not I.

* You TWA people? You see a difference between you and I? I am an AA employee, our unionistic views may differ, but we receive remittance from the same employer...get used to it "brother".

* Being here is a blessing? I do not think you'll find any ex TWA employees that are happy to be here, or that love Carty. I can not wait for the day the nAAtives have to face the same scenerio as what was witnessed by TWA employees...I hope you're as strong and do not face the same populous we did.
[post="228020"][/post]​
**But by what you posted you were implying that Carty promised 21,000 jobs to TWA people permanantly and that even subsequent events (9/11, SARs, etc) should not change that. Even if it came at the nAAtives expense.

**It is you former TWA people that draw that line with terms like "just another one of AA's red-headed step children".

**The reason your not happy at AA is because your were not permitted to just skate into AA with your full TWA seniorty everywhere and move to the top of the seniority lists. If you had been able to keep your full TWA seniority, you and the others would be doing nothing but praising Carty. Even with the last round of concessions, you are still making more than you were at TWA. If AA is so bad to you ex-TWA people then why all the lawsuits? Why just not take the SIS incentive and retire with AA retiree medical, your small AA pension, and passes (which is only possible because of AA).
Finally, I have faced something far worse than you TWA people. I am ex-Eastern and I would have been extremely grateful to have gotten what you have.

Drippy Quill said:
* I believe the re-negotiated leases were millions less.

*According to your stats it was a billion dollar deal?
[post="228022"][/post]​

The number of $742 million consists of the following:
$500 million initial offer ($200 million of which was DIP financing with WorldSpan as Collateral)
$242 million (Amount of increase in purchase price. AA wired TWA another $125 million because it was buring through the $200 million DIP financing very quickly. Additionally AA allowed the TWA estate to keep $117 million in aircaft deposits.

Plus AA assumed liabilities like TWA retiree medical, renegotiated aircraft leases, and about $125 in other long term debt.

From an accounting standpont, AA put the TWA assets on it's books at fair market value. And the fair market value of these assets was $1.1 billion less than the consideration paid ($742 million plus all the assumed liabilities) to TWA Inc. So AA paid $1.1 billion more than the assets were worth, thus wrecking our balance sheet.