Where to put the work?

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
<_< I hear there are five aa 767s flying around that are running out of time for their "C" checks. MCI is attempting to do three "C" checks at the same time with a total of about two hundred and fifty mechanics. We have the room for more aircraft, but not the head count to do the work! I'm told AFW, and TUL have a surplus of people,(all system protected) but don't have the space to put anymore aircraft! So what's the problem you ask? Why not just move some of those surplus people from AFW to MCI? Well,it has something to do with the Kasher decision! It seems we have people layed off that have twenty years seniority! Now how would it look for aa, and the TWU to try and bring people with ten, or twelve here with our own still on the street? Not to mention the riote you'd have here if they tried! Now comes the most obvious question! If MCI has all this work, and doesn't have the people to properly do it, why not just recall some people???? Good question! But all we hear is "Got to do it with the people you have!" ;)

Not sure if you "get it" yet, but you're set up to fail. To MCI's credit, you keep producing with the lower headcount, but all that means is AA has to tighten the screws on you by giving you a workload you can't possibly accomplish. If you still somehow try to accomplish this work, they can send in reinforcements in the name of nAAtives while twaers are on the street. This should effectively cause enough hate and discontent to kill off your production and then allow them to shut it down. You guys should of figured this out after 5 years working for these people, remember forget common sense. :p

Not sure if you "get it" yet, but you're set up to fail. To MCI's credit, you keep producing with the lower head count, but all that means is AA has to tighten the screws on you by giving you a workload you can't possibly accomplish. If you still somehow try to accomplish this work, they can send in reinforcements in the name of nAAtives while twaers are on the street. This should effectively cause enough hate and discontent to kill off your production and then allow them to shut it down. You guys should of figured this out after 5 years working for these people, remember forget common sense. :p
<_< Normally I'd say your right, but damn! We're actually making money for them! Something I don't think they were expecting! But lately I believe we all realize what's happening and are doing our jobs, but not a whole lot more! They can't keep signing all these Third party contracts and maintain their credibility in the industry with a design for failure!! ;)

I'm told AFW, and TUL have a surplus of people,(all system protected) but don't have the space to put anymore aircraft!

Now is that fact or fiction?

Looking at the dock plan, lines 2D, 5E and 5F in TUL are open for most of the next 18 months. At AFW, line 1 is open (that's the drop-in, correct?) as is 2 from early June onward.

If it were truly a matter of aircraft running out of time, I'd expect the drop-in dock to be used, no?

<_< Normally I'd say your right, but damn! We're actually making money for them! Something I don't think they were expecting! But lately I believe we all realize what's happening and are doing our jobs, but not a whole lot more! They can't keep signing all these Third party contracts and maintain their credibility in the industry with a design for failure!! ;)
I agree but remember to always look both directions when dealing with these folks at the top, otherwise you might get run over. <_<

Looking at the dock plan, lines 2D, 5E and 5F in TUL are open for most of the next 18 months. At AFW, line 1 is open (that's the drop-in, correct?) as is 2 from early June onward.

If it were truly a matter of aircraft running out of time, I'd expect the drop-in dock to be used, no?

I believe the real answer is coming to a town near you soon.

<_< Oh! Did I mention the Saabs are about to show up! And let's not forget that the bids for the ALCOA contract, 757 Cargo conversion, are on the board also! And what's this I hear about four ex-Delta 767s going to Hawaiian Airlines? We're talking to do "C" checks, plus bridging mods? And six more Air Canadas? :shock:

<_< Oh! Did I mention the Saabs are about to show up! And let's not forget that the bids for the ALCOA contract, 757 Cargo conversion, are on the board also! And what's this I hear about four ex-Delta 767s going to Hawaiian Airlines? We're talking to do "C" checks, plus bridging mods? And six more Air Canadas? :shock:
Hey MCI Transplant,
does ROLLMART still have shop set up or did he retire, Mike Roll you know. Chillers

Hey MCI Transplant,
does ROLLMART still have shop set up or did he retire, Mike Roll you know. Chillers
<_<----- He's still doing his thing. But aa kinda let him know it couldn't be as conspicuous! He had to close shop, but still do'es business for his "Friends!" :p

Here at AFW the EVIL plan is go from 128 mechanics per dock and take it down to 98 mechanics per dock. On top of that they want us to squeeze in another five 767 "C" checks all without bringing anybody back off the street.

I say no more PLI,CI,etc. until all mechanics are recalled. If they(AA) want to do more contract work they are gonna have to bring back some people to do it. I heard that AFW could have been filled to the gills with 737's(from a major carrier), but the "white house" in Tulsa said no to the deal, because 737's will only be done in Tulsa.

Here at AFW the EVIL plan is go from 128 mechanics per dock and take it down to 98 mechanics per dock. On top of that they want us to squeeze in another five 767 "C" checks all without bringing anybody back off the street.

I say no more PLI,CI,etc. until all mechanics are recalled. If they(AA) want to do more contract work they are gonna have to bring back some people to do it. I heard that AFW could have been filled to the gills with 737's(from a major carrier), but the "white house" in Tulsa said no to the deal, because 737's will only be done in Tulsa.
<_< Princess,----- We do see a pattern here don't we?
But the last few weeks here things have quieted down some! I believe the average AMT here can see the hand writing on the wall and has backed off this PLI thing! We all have been around long enough to know what "reasonable" means!!!! ;)

<_< Yea! That 737 thing is a sore spot with us too!!! :rant:

In case you don't know B-737 contract work is already being done in Tulsa and more is on the way.The blended winglet project starts in May and runs thru Sept 2007 here at Tulsa.
We have the room at Tulsa to open more 737 docks if needed.Currently 2 C check Docks are operating at Tulsa.AA has enough extra B-737's to bring in a heavy check,work it for 3 days,and then push the aircraft outside to sit for a week while not being worked on.[Make room for a Miami Air B-737 check]This is currently happening at Dock 1A at Tulsa.
If anyone on this forum does not understand that AA internal POLITICS,not good business sense,drives these kind of decisions,then you have not been looking around at your workplace.

In case you don't know B-737 contract work is already being done in Tulsa and more is on the way.The blended winglet project starts in May and runs thru Sept 2007 here at Tulsa.
We have the room at Tulsa to open more 737 docks if needed.Currently 2 C check Docks are operating at Tulsa.AA has enough extra B-737's to bring in a heavy check,work it for 3 days,and then push the aircraft outside to sit for a week while not being worked on.[Make room for a Miami Air B-737 check]This is currently happening at Dock 1A at Tulsa.
If anyone on this forum does not understand that AA internal POLITICS,not good business sense,drives these kind of decisions,then you have not been looking around at your workplace.
<_< Well Mr.Former Moderator, sounds like TUL is preoccupied with 737 work! As for aa's internal politics, I think we've seen them in action already! :rant: After all this time, still frosts my tail feathers!!!!

In case you don't know B-737 contract work is already being done in Tulsa and more is on the way.

If AA doesn't get their head out of their butt, they will lose every contract they have. AFW could have had enough 737 contract work to bring back everybody who was on the street and then some. The potential customer with all these 737's specified that they wanted the work done at AFW and that Tulsa doing the work would be unacceptable. 737's don't require docks to work on them all you need is hanger space,overhead cranes,and some ladders.

Latest posts