Russian Speakers Hard to Come By?

FSD's at JFK and IMA do sit on the JS on the PAP flights. They also do EPT's and RDT's been in the same RDT class with a few of them over the years.

Boston

They're not supposed too. I can just see more FAA fines coming AA's way for this one. :lol:

Umm, FSD's CAN and DO sit on the J/S's all the time. Plus a new hire F/A can also sit on the J/S during their work trip if needed also as well. At least I have seen them do it in the past. Plus Southwest lets any employee sit on the J/S after the F/A's of course. Not exactly sure where you got your info from, but it is flat wrong. By the way when one of our coleauges was killed during an emergency on the A-300 a few years ago, they returned to MIA after being on their way to PAP. An FSD was in the J/S up front and was attempting to open the 1R door. So again, they CAN and DO sit on the J/S.

acutally the 4th jumpseat at Southwest is open to any employee first come first served, so the flight attendants are not given preferential standing for it. Kind of sucks if you ask me.

They're not supposed too. I can just see more FAA fines coming AA's way for this one. :lol:

There is no FAR which specifies who can or can no occupy a jumpseat. The only FAR regarding jumpseat occupancy states that the occupant must be trained or briefed on the operation of the emergency exit if there is one. That would include a passenger willing to sit there and willing to operate the exit in an emergency.

SWA allows non-f/a employees to occupy a jumpseat while non-revving. The restriction at AA is contractual, not legal.

There is no FAR which specifies who can or can no occupy a jumpseat. The only FAR regarding jumpseat occupancy states that the occupant must be trained or briefed on the operation of the emergency exit if there is one. That would include a passenger willing to sit there and willing to operate the exit in an emergency.

SWA allows non-f/a employees to occupy a jumpseat while non-revving. The restriction at AA is contractual, not legal.

My point exactly.

I can think of several, but only one that I know of intends to qualify.
Did she or he qualify? According to TheStreet.com, AA is putting interpreters on those flights.

While starting flights to new international destinations is a routine business for many airlines, Casey notes that the startup of Moscow service has a unique aspect: American is putting interpreters on every flight, because it lacks flight attendants who speak Russian. In most other markets, including China, "we've had language-qualified flight attendants," Casey said.

I don't know. He's been mysteriously quiet. It seems he either flunked the test or decided at the last minute he didn't want it.

MK
6 speakers held the proffer for Russian.... none of them had the 6XXXXX employee numbers the TWA folks got....
It appears some flights are going out with just the 1 APFA FA qual'd in Russian and some have FSD as well, looking forward the next few days.

1. Moscow, Russia
Number of billionaires: 74

Average net worth: $5.9 billion

While London and New York squabble over bragging rights to the most billionaire residents, it is Moscow that now comes up on top. The Russian capital has more billionaires than any other city in the world. It's a remarkable jump from 2002, when just five billionaires lived there. Now, thanks to a boom in commodities like oil and metal, Moscow counts 74 billionaires among its city dwellers, like Oleg Deripaska and his $28 billion fortune. And compared with other major billionaire cities, Moscow is relatively cheap.

Delta is not too happy about AA's new service.

AP- American to add Chicago-Moscow flights
American, a unit of Fort Worth-based AMR Corp., will operate its route with Boeing 777 planes that have 16 first-class seats, 37 reclining business-class seats and 194 seats in coach. American is offering up to 10,000 miles for members of its AAdvantage loyalty program who buy tickets.

"They're juicing it up with their best aircraft, and they're giving out frequent-flier miles," said Tom Parsons, chief executive of the travel Web site Bestfares.com. "Delta doesn't seem too happy about it, because they're running specials," generally undercutting American's published fares, he said.

According to American's Web site, a full-fare, first-class, round-trip ticket for an itinerary beginning next month was $12,564, a full business-class fare was $8,425, and the cheapest coach fare was $1,268. Delta's lowest fare on a JFK-Moscow itinerary for the same travel dates was $1,083.

Anyword how the loads on the first flights were? I think that this will be good but I think the 777 is too much plane especially in the winter, but it is good for the preium seats.

Anyword how the loads on the first flights were? I think that this will be good but I think the 777 is too much plane especially in the winter, but it is good for the preium seats.
If you have access to Jetnet, just look up the Airport Priority List for the flight in the Non Rev Travel Planner. It will show you how many seats were booked and how many boarding passes were issued.

Too much plane? After figuring the 4 lost seats from coach on a 767 for F/A crew rest, the coach count is virtually the same. I think once they start seriously advertising in Russia, they plan on starting next week, the loads will increase to accetable levels. Hopefully, the premium seats will justify keeping it a 777. I realize there are a lot more premium seats, but the weather shouldn't impact premium seats as much as coach seats in the winter. Who knows, that is why I am not in that department. By the way, it is a great city and crews are going to love the layover. Everyone I came into contact with on the trip was more than pleasant. Ground and air. Plus I never heard "Thank You" so much on a flight before. I can't wait to go back, and that is after dealing witht the flight being DOUBLE CATERED. Yes, double catered in all cabins. The only bonus was that there was no duty free.

Too much plane? After figuring the 4 lost seats from coach on a 767 for F/A crew rest, the coach count is virtually the same. I think once they start seriously advertising in Russia, they plan on starting next week, the loads will increase to accetable levels. Hopefully, the premium seats will justify keeping it a 777. I realize there are a lot more premium seats, but the weather shouldn't impact premium seats as much as coach seats in the winter. Who knows, that is why I am not in that department. By the way, it is a great city and crews are going to love the layover. Everyone I came into contact with on the trip was more than pleasant. Ground and air. Plus I never heard "Thank You" so much on a flight before. I can't wait to go back, and that is after dealing witht the flight being DOUBLE CATERED. Yes, double catered in all cabins. The only bonus was that there was no duty free.

Yikes. Double catered? Sky Chef has a location at SVO; Doesn't DME have catering available?

Latest posts