Sad news regarding one of our own.

If there is a water cannon from PHX FD when the flt from LIH lands could someone please post it here? I would like to be at the airport if that happens. Thanks.

Ted was such a wonderful person... the funny guy. If I wasn't flying with him I would always see him around the halls or in the jetways. Always friendly , always smiling! We will miss you Ted.

This just in from our West union. Ted's body will be returned to PHX tomorrow 4/25 on the LIH flight that arrives at 7:35 am. Employees are to gather at A18 30 minutes prior to arrival of the aircraft. They will then proceed rampside for the water cannon salute and transfer of the casket to the hearse. Godspeed Ted.

US Airways 757 First Officer Ted Teichgraeber Comes Home

On Wednesday, April 25, 2007, the casket carrying the remains of
FO Ted Teichgraeber returns home to the Valley on flight
47LIHPHX scheduled to arrive in Phoenix at 7:35am. First Officer
Teichgraeber passed away in a tragic accident while snorkeling
in Hawaii last week.

Flight Attendants and employees are invited to pay their
respects to a valued friend and coworker and honor the memory of
Ted by attending the arrival ceremony and water cannon salute of
the inbound flight.

Employees will begin to gather at gate A18 approximately one
half hour prior to the aircraft arrival, and then go ramp side
for a silent witnessing of the transfer of the casket to the
hearse. Flight Attendants are encouraged to attend in full
uniform to honor the memory of a fellow crewmember.

Details of a memorial service are still pending and we will
broadcast that information as soon as it is known.

From Todays US Daily April 24, 2007:

TED TEICHGRAEBER’S RETURN TO PHX

Tomorrow, April 25, the body of PHX-based F/O Ted Teichgraeber will return from LIH on flight 47, scheduled to arrive in PHX at 7:35 a.m. Following a water cannon salute, Ted’s body will be unloaded at gate A20. If you wish to honor Ted at this time, US Airways employees are invited to gather at gate A18 tomorrow morning at 7:10 a.m. On behalf of his family, we ask that you please respect their privacy during this emotional time and do not approach them. Ted’s body was recovered last week in Kauai near the area where he was snorkeling.

Regards
DC

I know it is very soon, but PLEASE when a fund is set up for Ted's son Nicholas, PLEASE let us know so my family can make a donation.

Ed

Services for First Officer Ted Teichgraeber
The remains of First Officer Ted Teichgraeber arrived this morning from Kauai and were taken off the aircraft by six uniformed pilots with his family and approximately 200 US Airways employees looking on. Memorial services will be held this week (see details below). Pilots who attend are asked to wear their uniforms.

In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been set up for the Teichgraeber’s three-year-old son, Nicholas, in care of Messinger Mortuary.

Memorial Service:

Thursday, April 26
6 to 8 p.m.
(scripture service at 7 p.m.)

Messinger Mortuary
8555 Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
480-502-3378
(Pima & Pinnacle Peak)

Funeral Service:

Friday, April 27
1:30 p.m.