seating assistance...

legacy-to-LCC

Veteran
Feb 20, 2004
for a variety of reasons, i encouraged some close friends to fly on american DFW-OGG early next month (despite the fact my carrier flies to OGG). it is an engagement trip (still unknown to one of said friends), and i want them to actually arrive, bags in hand...
anyway, they selected their seats from the website and are stuck in the middle section of what appears to be the last row of the 76.
is there anyway to perhaps change that?? or, are they locked into those seats??
since i "advised" in their travel plans, i feel somewhat compelled to inquire about possibly getting a non-center, two seat assignment.
thanks for any help anybody can offer!!

Tell them to fly another airline. After the way AA and its so called unions did the TWA employees and retirees, I could never recommend AA.

for a variety of reasons, i encouraged some close friends to fly on american DFW-OGG early next month (despite the fact my carrier flies to OGG). it is an engagement trip (still unknown to one of said friends), and i want them to actually arrive, bags in hand...
anyway, they selected their seats from the website and are stuck in the middle section of what appears to be the last row of the 76.
since i "advised" in their travel plans, i feel somewhat compelled to inquire about possibly getting a non-center, two seat assignment.

Best think I can advise it to constantly look at the seat map. People book, cancel and change their reservations on a regular basis, If you are lucky, you may see some seats pop open.

If you see a single seat open up like an aisle of window, you may want to think about snagging it in the hopes of trading for two seats together later on. Also, you may get one good seat in a day or two, and a few weeks later get another good seat. Then they may be able to swap at the gate or on board.

Centers are not the best seat in the house but .. someone has to sit there.

Good luck, I hope they enjoy their flight and have a great time in Hawaii.

They can call and get them changed, assuming their are other seats left. The best time to look is at the 100 hour mark when any executive Plats will be upgraded. A better website for questions like this is www.flyertalk.com