Kiosk Check In for exit row seat

sky high states: Many years ago, before Freq. flyers were upgraded, NON REV's sat among the FIRST CLASS passengers. <GASP>
only stating opinions

So what? Non-revs are still put in first class on a standby basis. I have no problem with this.

Non-revs can sit in the exit row, too, as long as it's standby.

<SNIP> Giving exit rows to employees instead of customers is favoritism and is a poor business move.
Having an Elite being able to choose their seat is a no-brainer if customer satisfaction is the desired end result.

Note that I said crewmember, not employee.

<SNIP> There is no such thing as "exit row training". There is exit row qualification, and that's it.
I guess I’m lost on semantics. One person’s qualification is the other guy’s Recurrent Training.

I guess I'm lost on semantics. One person's qualification is the other guy's Recurrent Training.

exit row qualified means you are at least 15 years old, not traveling with someone under 15, able to understand English, etc., you know, the stuff printed on the safety card

This explains why I keep getting all these pax in the exit row that are clearly NOT exit row qualified. Once again, some
one in Tempe is NOT doing their job. Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

Folks, Preferred passengers have always been able to book exit row seats in advance. This was true on both HP and US pre-merger (except B737 on HP), is true post-merger and is true on NW as well. When the boarding pass is scanned during boarding, the agent verifies you are qualified. I've seen them hit the key. The FAA does not restrict assigning of these seats in advance, only that at some point someone verifies the folks sitting in exit rows are qualified. Also, I've had US res agents assign me exit row seats over the phone (via the Chairman's line).

There are already trained individuals on the plane in case of an emergency. They're called flight attendants (working the flight to be exact).

There is no such thing as "exit row training". There is exit row qualification, and that's it. Giving exit rows to employees instead of customers is favoritism and is a poor business move.

Wrong. There is such a thing as "window exit training". And that is what you are talking about. Right? Window exits???

Do you know the difference between a Boeing window exit and a Airbus window exit? No? I guess you need to read the safety card!!

And here's a heads up for you....if there is an emergency evac....the f/a's will be at the doors...if they can. That's why we make sure the folks in the exits rows are able to do an evac...because we might not be able to get there.

Pull your head out of your **** and think. This isn't a Greyhound bus. Although it's getting that way. Only able bodied
people should be in the exit rows. Period.

Do you know the difference between a Boeing window exit and a Airbus window exit? No? I guess you need to read the safety card!!

sky high states: Touche'. Fly. I find that alot frequent flyers cant even tell me how the handle on the EXIT DOOR rotates. Rotates aft, forward or inwards. And, not knowing that, you may cause a delay in getting the door open to SAVE LIVES.

only stating opinions.

Folks, Preferred passengers have always been able to book exit row seats in advance. This was true on both HP and US pre-merger (except B737 on HP), is true post-merger and is true on NW as well.

You should define "always" because the statement has not always been true about HP. Before becoming a FA, I was a Customer Service supervisor at both gates and the ticket counter in PHX and I can assure you that in the exit row seats were only able to be assigned and issued at the airport in front of a real live person.

Wrong. There is such a thing as "window exit training". And that is what you are talking about. Right? Window exits???

And here's a heads up for you....if there is an emergency evac....the f/a's will be at the doors...if they can. That's why we make sure the folks in the exits rows are able to do an evac...because we might not be able to get there.

Pull your head out of your **** and think. This isn't a Greyhound bus. Although it's getting that way. Only able bodied
people should be in the exit rows
. Period.

That's exactly what happens! We aren't debating whether to allow toddlers to sit in the exit row.

You should define "always" because the statement has not always been true about HP. Before becoming a FA, I was a Customer Service supervisor at both gates and the ticket counter in PHX and I can assure you that in the exit row seats were only able to be assigned and issued at the airport in front of a real live person.

Fine. "Always" = "For as long as I've been a US1, which is going on eight years."

Huh?

Imagine if you will that everyone has to personally appear in front of an agent to get a boarding pass. How many additional employees or kiosks would it take to do that on day of departure even if folks are not checking luggage?
It’s not an Imagination it was a fact for over 30+ years newbe

The passenger verifies that they are eligible to sit in the exit row at the kiosk. A screen pops up and asks the passengers to confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria. The agents are not in charge of this process. It is call SELF CHECKIN. Once the passengers verifies they’re eligible by agreeing to the terms and condition of exit row seating what is the process to deny the passengers the exit seat, has the passenger created a situation if they are not qualified when they already said they were…

Sabre would not allow any passengers to receive a exit row seat if their PNR had special assistances in it. POS SHARES well there working on it