Selling Some Of My Collection

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
I am thinning out my airline collectibles box and came across two very rare gems that may appeal to a few of you...

"We Regret Any Inconvenience" counter cards displayed at the gates and ticket counters during the 1993 APFA Strike.

I have two, in almost mint condition. The best two offers by 31 March gets them, with preference given to actual APFA members who were on strike....

I also have a bunch of timetables and other stuff for defunct airlines like Eastern, Pan Am, People Express, Piedmont, Jet America, etc. as well as some for airlines still in business.. If you collect, PM me, and I'll send you a link to the current list of stuff I'm disposing of. On those items, preference will be given to people who used to work for the respective airlines...

[The Classifieds forum has disappeared, and there's nothing I see in the rules which says either way on whether or not this type of post is allowed.... if it's not, mea culpa, and feel free to delete...]

I am thinning out my airline collectibles box and came across two very rare gems that may appeal to a few of you...

"We Regret Any Inconvenience" counter cards displayed at the gates and ticket counters during the 1993 APFA Strike.

I have two, in almost mint condition. The best two offers by 31 March gets them, with preference given to actual APFA members who were on strike....

[The Classifieds forum has disappeared, and there's nothing I see in the rules which says either way on whether or not this type of post is allowed.... if it's not, mea culpa, and feel free to delete...]
So you are trying to sell stolen material on this website?

Reactions: 2 people
Nice try, Bob. Not stolen. Once it's surplussed or hits the dumpster, it's legally abandoned.

With these, there were cases of them discarded when the strike was over. I held onto a couple, and am still keeping one to get matted & framed. I also have some from the APA strike in 97, but those I'm holding onto for now.

Consumable items like RON kits, timetables, playing cards are fair game, and so are barf bags as long as they don't say "don't remove from aircraft".

Rotable items like silverware, blankets, etc. are another story, and I don't collect or sell stuff like that unless the airline is selling it off (which DL is known to do thru their museum).

Lots of the stuff now floating around on eBay for dead airlines like EAL or PAA came from stocks that were abandoned after their shutdowns, and were being thrown out or sold off directly by the estates.

Some is no doubt stolen, but again, it's not stuff I'm interested in trading in.

<_< ------ There are legitimate ways of acquiring such stuff. TWA had a "Garage sale" here at MCI before AA came into the picture. Was closing a storage facility here and just wanted to get reed of surplus items. I acquired a brand new, in the box, 747 overhead bin, which I now have mounted in my garage. Also a TWA 767, double wide, coach seat, among other things, and all for $1.00 each!!

The airline seats always interested me. Years ago I believe you could buy them from that Alabama warehouse/bazaar for abandoned airline bags. Last year I inquired if WN would sell me some used seats (love that leather!) but no dice.

Anyone know of a good place to purchase surplus aircraft seats??

<_< ------- The seats weren't that hard to come by here in MCI. (For a price!)-------- But that was then, and now is now!------ I'd suggest talking to someone from TUL. , or maybe DFW.------ There were a few old TWA seats offered on Ebay a few years back, but were in pretty sad shape, and were pretty pricey!------ If my memory serves me, I believe Eastern, had brown leather seats at the time they went to that great hanger in the sky!!! :rolleyes:

Nice try, Bob. Not stolen. Once it's surplussed or hits the dumpster, it's legally abandoned.

With these, there were cases of them discarded when the strike was over. I held onto a couple, and am still keeping one to get matted & framed. I also have some from the APA strike in 97, but those I'm holding onto for now.

Consumable items like RON kits, timetables, playing cards are fair game, and so are barf bags as long as they don't say "don't remove from aircraft".

Rotable items like silverware, blankets, etc. are another story, and I don't collect or sell stuff like that unless the airline is selling it off (which DL is known to do thru their museum).

Lots of the stuff now floating around on eBay for dead airlines like EAL or PAA came from stocks that were abandoned after their shutdowns, and were being thrown out or sold off directly by the estates.

Some is no doubt stolen, but again, it's not stuff I'm interested in trading in.
Well I dont think AA looks at it this way. I've seen them try and fire guys under the accusation they ate cookies. Seen them fire guys for taking home waste fuel. Dumpsters on AA property are not fair game either, maybe if you stoped the garbage truck on the Expressway after leaving the Airport you can legally take it but you cant take it through the gates yourself.

Since these were tossed in 1993 or 1994, it's probably safe to say the statute of limitations has long run out.

Sounds like an admission to me.

The accused can always raise the statute of limitations as a defense without admitting guilt. I don't see any admission. You may be confusing the defense of "consent," which is usually an admission of the other facts, generally in sex crimes cases.

I already admitted to taking the signs out of the dumpster.

There's actually case law on this, Bob. http://supreme.justia.com/us/486/35/case.html

California vs. Greenwood is really about searching trash without a warrant, but is also occasionally referred to as also arguing that ownership & privacy rights are abandoned when something is placed for trash pickup.