Seniority Challenge Greets Us/hp Merger

You have to understand that most of the stuff that we hear are coming from our fellow flight attendants that tells us that senior f/as from US wants to bump us out of our bases or push us down. We keep hearing that 2000 US F/As are senior to HP seniors and 80% commutes from the west coast. (I don't know if this is true or not and I dislike rumours) This really concerns us and if our MEC would just communicate with us and let us know the real and current seniority numbers, we would stop worrying.

I think I'm going to take a break from this board for a while, I don't want to lose sleep over this.

A concerned HP F/A

I'm a 14 year HP Flight Attendant in Phoenix, should I be concerned? :) I am excited about this merger and looking forward to working with US F/As. I've spoken to a few US F/As in MSP and they seem very nice and professional. I also think the ones that are concerned are the junior flight attendants at HP. Well they shouldn't be concerned 'cause Doug said they are expanding CLT and we have a bunch of east coast commuters who would love to transfer to the east. (I just worked with former US/FA who commutes from Philly, however she is junior) and a couple of senior HP F/As. I think it would balance out and I really think this will be very good for both airlines and I'm not worried about it.

Looking forward to the new US Airways. :)

Cheers!

:)

hp_fa said:
PHX is not short FA's, so don't continue to yammer what "we already know".
[post="303522"][/post]​
Ohh so HP is not in need of another 180 to 200 FAs. That is why it has been made clear to our MEC that in January there will be opportunity for some of our furloughed FAs to come to PHX. Good to know its not because of a shortage at HP just out of the goodness of your hearts. WTF ever.

hp_fa said:
Then you have no objection to a 5-7 year fence around PHX, correct?
[post="303561"][/post]​

LOL - you just dont get it do you? It said ride the wave don't fight it!!! You in all actualtiy will probably be one of the first ones that will want to transfer to do better routes from the east coast... A five year fence probably won't happen and if it does the people that come over that are on furlough will be slotted in after the fence anyway - so don't fight it - just let it happen - It's like this - you are sitting on the hospital bed and getting ready to have a baby - the doctor is telling you to push, I said push damnit!! And you are saying no - no - no I don't want this baby - TooOOO late now he says!!! Just deliver it and embrace it or you will be the one that is miserable!!! There is no pushing it back in now!! The point is the fence will come down - 1-2-3-4-5-6 years it will come down - YOU have no control over that!! Just bring it down in the holyland of Phoenix and get A LIFE!!

hp_fa said:
Then you have no objection to a 5-7 year fence around PHX, correct?
[post="303561"][/post]​
So long as you don't mind the same fence at our bases. I don't see any Transatlantic flying out of PHX anytime soon. I guess that fence will also apply to our 767's for service to Hawaii.

Let's just go with the flow and stop worrying about this. Let's not create havoc around the system by bickering about the seniority. Most of the f/as that are concerned are really junior. I bet the media is reading this and having a field day about what is going on at the new US airways and waiting for an article to write. Also other airlines and the critics wants to see us fail, well let's prove to them that we are strong and can unite and work together. Our new airline is going to be successful and I am looking forward to doing more international routes.

I standby Hulagirl too. :)

air747 said:
I'm new on this forum and have been a HP flt att for 19yrs...bottom of top third...and this is my fouth airline....and YES I think DOH is the way for seniority for the merged company. Most of the complaining and shouting is coming from the junior fa's....first job, first airline.....Well you know what, they need to wake up and see the big picture. WE are now US AIRWAYS, triple the size we we're before, new routes, int'l flying, many bases. They actually think that the US fa's are going to come to PHX and make them all on reserve. I had a HP fa with 15yrs say he'll probably be on reserve in PHX after the merger. This shows what they are thinkings and believing....we need to tell them not to fear, they can stay in PHX....I for one want out of PHX as soon as I can...I commute from the East Coast. What I'm worried about, with all the crying coming from the HP side, that they will make it hard to transfer. We need to prevent this. Believe it or not, about 20-25% of us HP fa's commute, most from the West, but many also from the East that may want to changes bases.....Sorry for a long reply but it makes me angry that my coworkers(HP) are creating this animosity(spelling?) among our new work force. I thought it would be the other way around......stand by me Hulagirl.......
[post="303628"][/post]​
You have it right, my friend. Thank God we have some other AWA flight attendants on here now that are not being ruled with fear of the unknown.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! B)

TheNewLowFare said:
Let's just go with the flow and stop worrying about this. Let's not create havoc around the system by bickering about the seniority. Most of the f/as that are concerned are really junior. I bet the media is reading this and having a field day about what is going on at the new US airways and waiting for an article to write. Also other airlines and the critics wants to see us fail, well let's prove to them that we are strong and can unite and work together. Our new airline is going to be successful and I am looking forward to doing more international routes.

I standby Hulagirl too. :)
[post="303645"][/post]​
Thank you for speaking up, I appreciate it! B)

More AWA fa's need to speak up and tell our new co workers for US, that we're in this together and let's make this a GREAT LCC INTL carrier. Instead of worrying and wasting energy on losing a little seniority, we should be focused on making this airline succeed.....I'm more concerned whether I'll have a job over the next few years, with the economy, and the price of oil the way it is.

air747 said:
More AWA fa's need to speak up and tell our new co workers for US, that we're in this together and let's make this a GREAT LCC INTL carrier. Instead of worrying and wasting energy on losing a little seniority, we should be focused on making this airline succeed.....I'm more concerned whether I'll have a job over the next few years, with the economy, and the price of oil the way it is.
[post="303658"][/post]​

Amen I am with you

airlinedivalish said:
HP IS the aquiring airline funded by investors. It is run by HP Team hello?? Go read this news article: [post="0"]America West to acquire US Airways with the help of Investors[/post]
The ruling allows the airline to be purchased by America West. It says purchased! Acquire ! They are calling this a merger to merge both workgroups, but in a reality it is acquiring! :angry:
To get back to the original topic, we are going to have a meeting in October and all flight attendants are encouraged to attend. It is imperative that the LEC resolves this. Thank you.
HP/FA
[post="303457"][/post]​

Diva,

700 is right. You should not rely on news stories for your facts. They don't read the SEC filings either. The SEC filings clearly state that this is a merger of two airlines. In fact USair goup is the surviving holding company and will issue the stock. AWA for all intents and purposes is gone! AWA is on a list of investors. Thats all. Just because Doug is going to run it means nothing.

You must come to grips with this in your thinking when it comes to senority intergration. AWA has no advantage in this. It will be decided by the unions and applicable laws on mergers. I suggest you read the filings for your self. The truth will set you free! The End

airlinedivalish said:
and 80% commutes from the west coast. (I don't know if this is true or not and I dislike rumours)
[post="303634"][/post]​

I can guarantee that it isnt anywhere close to 80% commuting from the West Coast. Look at all the old bases that were the PS/PI/AL bases. On the West coast you had SFO/LAX/SAN? in the PI area you had (at one time) CLT/MIA/BWI/SYR/ (ORF/ROA/ILM/ATL ?) and with AL you had BOS/LGA/DCA/PIT/PHL. Did I miss any? Now, out of all of these old bases, did everyone up and move out West? Dont think so. PSA didnt even have 80% of the FAs at the combined airline either. I can easily count about 50-75 who commute just from TPA alone. Sure there are quite a few of the old PSA people who still hang out on the West coast, but someones numbers are way off.
I remember seeing bottom seniority bid dates in the training dept while I was there last week for HP training. I will see if I can get someone still in class to give me the numbers since it was posted for all to see at the training center.

The End said:
700 is right. You should not rely on news stories for your facts. They don't read the SEC filings either. The SEC filings clearly state that this is a merger of two airlines. In fact USair goup is the surviving holding company and will issue the stock. AWA for all intents and purposes is gone! AWA is on a list of investors. Thats all. Just because Doug is going to run it means nothing.
[post="303675"][/post]​

As posted elsewhere in this thread and other places HP is the acquiring entity. Your analysis is wrong.

air747 said:
.... it makes me angry that my coworkers(HP) are creating this animosity(spelling?) among our new work force. I thought it would be the other way around......stand by me Hulagirl.......
[post="303628"][/post]​
DITTO

Y'all, I can't even reply on our afa66 forum, it has been overtaken by the fearful juniors. They say truly nutty things. I wonder how they will be able to function after the dust settles? Will they be bitter forever? I would not want to work with someone like that.
They absolutely refuse to see this merger for the blessing that it is, and NOTHING you can say will help them see the light.
I have 17yrs w/HP, 16yrs inflight bidding seniority. That puts me in the upper middle.
Of course, I have my concerns, but when I look at the BIG picture, I'm more excited about the job security, travel benefits, and possible new flying.
20year fence on PHX?
Please, no! I will be ready to transfer out long before that is up!

desertgal said:
DITTO

Y'all, I can't even reply on our afa66 forum, it has been overtaken by the fearful juniors. They say truly nutty things. I wonder how they will be able to function after the dust settles? Will they be bitter forever? I would not want to work with someone like that.
They absolutely refuse to see this merger for the blessing that it is, and NOTHING you can say will help them see the light.
I have 17yrs w/HP, 16yrs inflight bidding seniority. That puts me in the upper middle.
Of course, I have my concerns, but when I look at the BIG picture, I'm more excited about the job security, travel benefits, and possible new flying.
20year fence on PHX?
Please, no! I will be ready to transfer out long before that is up!
[post="303722"][/post]​

I know! I've been here 14 years and I'm excited. Airlinedivalish said she has been here 16 years and she's worried. I don't know why since I'm more junior to her. I really think the seniority will balance out and she'll probably see little difference in her bidding position. I mean we have some senior commuters that wants to transfer out of phoenix. I mean I just flew with a couple of people that commutes from Chicago and Washington DC. I mean c'mon! People need to chill ! Usually when I know that it doesn't feel right, I get a knot in my stomach. However, I feel good about this merger.

I'm looking forward to this and this is definetely a good thing for both airlines.

:)

Latest posts

Back