Awa-us F/a-merger Talks Going Well

firstamendment said:
Light Years, you know I love you, but I am sick and tired of MAA and express carriers always trying to make mainliners feel guilty because we make a descent living. Yes, if I had it MY way, MAA would be intergrated with mainline and the EMB-170 would be just another AC to fly, but over and over I hear things like.."we at express are carrying mainline loads at express wages." Well, that's not my fault!! I refuse to feel guilty because I am now the lowest paid "Mainline" carrier in the US. I have given a concessionary contract since 1990, so those a$$holes that think we make soooo much need to get a life. I have had 0 contractual increases for 16 years, so Express and MAA, talk to the hand and tell someone who cares because this queen doesn't. I'm over it. :down:  :angry:
[post="279716"][/post]​

Um, EXCUSE ME? What are you talking about?
:blink:
Where did you get anything of the sort from the above post? There's not even a mention of pay in the entire thread?!? I have no idea why you are on here talking to me like a slapped ass, but you can put your hand back wherever it was.

You DON'T make a decent living. As for pay, the senior MAA F/As make $19.05, are blockholders with weekends and holidays off, are based where they want, and can pick up or drop as much they like. The most junior mainline make $20.88 and are on reserve in LGA. Who do you think makes more money? Why do you think NO ONE wanted to go back to go back to mainline until the Republic fiasco? Unless you've got a hard-on for dirty 737s and mean F/As there is not much of a reason to go back to mainline aside from being "on the property" for the merger.

Topped out pay at US Airways is not a decent living. You should know that. No one envies your job or strives to make 30 grand a year. Are you kidding me? How embarrasing for you!

If you can learn anything from Express it's that anyone will do the F/A job and do it for peanuts. That's why we were replaced, then downgraded, and now replaced again. Now you are all being replaced. If you really think there will be 250 narrowbody planes on the mainline after the 190 arrives, then you are really not seeing the big picture here.

You must feel guilty about something because no accusations were even made, unless you are talking about my statement about AFA throwing the juniors under the bus. Yes, those contracts were signed under threat of liquidation, but it's the continued apathy towards the 170 division, and apparent ignorance towards the ramifications of scope clauses that will get you all furloughed. They agreed to MAA, which still wasn't good enough, and now your job has been contracted out to Republic. So everyone has been thrown under the bus now. How much seniority will you lose when most of the 737s are parked and replaced by outside carriers? Do you think you'll even escape furlough?

Maybe those MAA and Express people are talking to you to warn you that you're next. You obviously have more time with the company and alot more to lose, and they are warning you of your competition- live at home 19 year olds entralled with thier new 100 seater and in need of no more than a few hundred bucks a month while they temporarily do "this F/A thing". Maybe you should listen to them and become savvy to the shady s**t the company has pulled.

The MAA F/As are trying to save what's left here- at least keep these lower paying jobs for US Airways people instead of outside contract workers. Keep as many on the property as possible to fight again later to make this a decent living and a career again rather than a two year job with a contract airline. For you to disrespect MAA F/As and all they have done to try to keep US Airways an airline instead of a franchise is pretty telling.

I think you owe me an apology, first. I don't know what post caused your outburst (nor does anyone else).

By the way, you misspelled decent- "descent" is when an aiplane is going down, which is fitting in describing your living. Don't blame people who are trying to make a difference. They may stop caring about you.

BMIBABYgirl737 said:
I'm glad to hear this is going well, does anyone know if US Invol Furloughs will be stapled of if we will be added in by DOH??
[post="278171"][/post]​

AFA Constitution is DATE of Hire Intergration if there is a merger of AFA represented carriers. There is no "Staple" You are a flight attendant that is on the US Airways Seniority List and your date of hire will be use to intergrate you. The only difference will be what each carrier uses as Seniority Date. I.E US Airways uses date of first training for competitive bid purposes. If America West uses IOE Date,Graduation, or some other type of date then the union would have to get together and decide what date that both carriers would use and that is it. Pretty simple. THERE IS NO STAPLE TO INVOLUGH FURLOUGHEES.

furloughednow psa said:
I am a furloughed fa and I am now a flight attendant at PSA Ive heard a rumor that all furloughed fa are going to get canned or stapled to the bottom of the list. If anyone has any info be great. also if mda are considered active would psa be since we are also a whole owned???? Teddy or light years help
[post="278988"][/post]​

THERE IS NO STAPLE.... LOG ON TO THE HUB AND GO TO DIVISIONS AND THE N GO TO INFLIGHT THEN PULL UP THE SYSTEM SENIORITY LIST AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR NAME IS STILL ON THE LIST..... THERE IS NO STAPLE JUST A VERY LONG FURLOUGH. THE NEW USAIRWAYS AFTER THE OPERATIONAL MERGER WOULD HAVE A NEW COMBINED SENIORITY LIST AND IF THERE WAS SURPLUS OF FLIGHT THE NEW FURLOUGH WOULD BE IN INVERSE SENIORITY ORDER. REALLY AMERICAN WEST FLIGHT ATTENDANTS WOULD BE ON THE HIT LIST AFTER THE OPERATIONAL MERGER.

FlyDeMetrius said:
REALLY AMERICAN WEST FLIGHT ATTENDANTS WOULD BE ON THE HIT LIST AFTER THE OPERATIONAL MERGER.
[post="280654"][/post]​

Don't bet your paycheck on this one! I am quite positive that there will be and probably already is some negotiating on AWA not losing many of their people. Although it will be DOH hire, both unions can agree to terms...example: 2 of theirs to 1 of ours. Also, those on the US furlough list currently are NOT accruing seniority. Those junior to you at AWA are. If you have been furloughed for almost 4 years and someone at AWA has 2 years in, they may be senior to you. So, DOH is NOT completly "cut and dry". Let's hope this isn't the case, but...
I suggest you speak to your MEC reps to see where this is standing presently.

Just to let you all know. America West is going to have a New F/A Training class in November and they are going to be part of the Pre-Merged Seniority. HP is adding aircrafts, US isn't. HP is hiring, US is furloughing. HP is also making a profit.

and no, HP Flight Attendants will NOT be stapled at the bottom. (You've got to be out of your mind if you think that's going to happen!)

A Furloughed US F/A cannot bump an ACTIVE HP F/A. That was part of the deal.

Also, it appears from many indications that the combined carrier will be drawing down mainline services in the East (Ie. so far reducing mainline US aircraft to 211). If fences are put up, and without some serious protections for US employees, the combined carrier will continue putting the squeeze on the eastern side of the fence. Watch out for US to fight against fences, and for strict DOH. Quite frankly, I don't blame them, but it should not come at the expense of HP.

airlinedivalish said:
Just to let you all know. America West is going to have a New F/A Training class in November and they are going to be part of the Pre-Merged Seniority. HP is adding aircrafts, US isn't. HP is hiring, US is furloughing. HP is also making a profit.

and no, HP Flight Attendants will NOT be stapled at the bottom. (You've got to be out of your mind if you think that's going to happen!)

A Furloughed US F/A cannot bump an ACTIVE HP F/A. That was part of the deal.
[post="281084"][/post]​
First, US is NOT furloughing F/As currently. Second, nobody has been saying ANYTHING about stapling anybody anywhere. You need to get that out of YOUR mind. And lastly, NOTHING was part of any deal. It is still being negotiated.

As a side note, you cannot have a senior person at US on furlough while a less junior person is active once the merger is intergrated. That is what is all being negotiated. No deal has been made to date.

StraaightTaalk said:
Also, it appears from many indications that the combined carrier will be drawing down mainline services in the East (Ie. so far reducing mainline US aircraft to 211). If fences are put up, and without some serious protections for US employees, the combined carrier will continue putting the squeeze on the eastern side of the fence. Watch out for US to fight against fences, and for strict DOH. Quite frankly, I don't blame them, but it should not come at the expense of HP.
[post="281086"][/post]​

Once we are integrated, it doesn't matter where the reduction of time comes from East or West. It is not US market vs. HP market. It is the "New" US market which includes you. Fences generally protect against voluntary issues. Seniority will rule in any reduction in f/a ranks reguardless of where you are based and which side of the former companies you came from. Furloughes are company wide NOT base specific. If the most junior people in the "new" US Airways happen to be in PHX, they would then be furloughed and others would be displaced to cover the gap. Don't fool yourself thinking just because there will be fences it will only protect HP and nobody else. You are going to have a long inner battle with yourself if you stay in this mind set. I know we are all looking out for ourselves, but be realistic on what you expect.

ringmaruf said:
If by "furloughing", you mean "recalling".  :rolleyes:
The only people saying otherwise are jealous troublemAAkers.
[post="281108"][/post]​

And, Twicebaked would be...???? I quote...

"If the most junior people in the "new" US Airways happen to be in PHX, they would then be furloughed and others would be displaced to cover the gap. Don't fool yourself thinking just because there will be fences it will only protect HP and nobody else." Twicebaked, pronounced 0850, 11JUL2005

Twicedbaked is always correct in what they say. Well, to my knowledge anyway. Anything twice has said on these boards has always been what ended up happening. I am not sure what their position at U is, but, "I" think they are tied in with the union somehow at U. So, what they are saying is pretty much what is on the table right now.

RowUnderDCA said:
twice baked

if you explanation of fences is correct, what is their purpose.  I'd think that you are doing more to undermine trust with HP folks than are the AA troublemakers.
[post="281143"][/post]​
Row,

You are wrong. I am trying to offset the mindset that US employees only are ging to get screwed. Nobody at this point knows what will be negotiated. HP employees have to stop thinking that a 2 month person is going to pervail over someone at US with 6 years. It isn't going to happen. I am not sure exactly what the fence will protect, but I know what a furlough entails....I've been there.

I have never once tried to undermine the trust of an HP employee. I just state the facts as I know them good or bad. I have friends that are HP flight attendants. I don't have the you vs. me attitude. I have a lot to gain from this merger as well as a lot to lose.