Shoddy offshore repairs getting media attention

Just another example of why US along with all other US based Airlines should bring this work back in house. You get what you pay for, and maybe they will learn a lesson BEFORE a serious accident occurs. There have been several reports about the shoddy work being done on A/C by these vendors. One report that I saw focused on how most of their employees can't speak or read english, and questioned how they were able to understand the overhaul manuals to perform the work. :huh:

The same problem with the reading and writing english is at the domestic repair stations also as they hire the cheapest labor and many have been hiring from outside the US using work permits. Don't worry though, the FAA will step up and get involved when enough have lost thier lives.

I did find it interesting that the article briefly singled out American Airlines as the legacy that doesn't send their work offshore, and yet they were nailed to the wall for doing improper maintenance on half their fleet earlier this year.

Don't forget the 27 illegal aliens / Mechanics they busted at TIMCO some years back. Some had fake FAA licenses.

That kind of stuff just gets swept under the rug and you don't hear another word about it.

Some comments I remember from back then:

" Those people need jobs too."

Don't forget the 27 illegal aliens / Mechanics they busted at TIMCO some years back. Some had fake FAA licenses.

That kind of stuff just gets swept under the rug and you don't hear another word about it.

Some comments I remember from back then:

" Those people need jobs too."

Also heard this.... and still do

:blink: "If you don't like it ....you can always quit" :blink:

Would really love to know where that moronic, nonchalant response for EVERYTHNG got started. I am guessing somewhere west of Kansas City....... :unsure:

I guess if all else fails they can look at the pictures in the book to see how things go together..... :eek:

I did find it interesting that the article briefly singled out American Airlines as the legacy that doesn't send their work offshore, and yet they were nailed to the wall for doing improper maintenance on half their fleet earlier this year.

American was not caught, they caught the error themselves and self disclosed. It was then that the feds decided to make a big deal out of something that was never a threat to safety in the first place. The funny thing is, is that the extra protection for the wire harness that AA was gigged on for inconsistancies on tie wrap spacing etc. - was their own idea. :huh:

American was not caught, they caught the error themselves and self disclosed. It was then that the feds decided to make a big deal out of something that was never a threat to safety in the first place. The funny thing is, is that the extra protection for the wire harness that AA was gigged on for inconsistancies on tie wrap spacing etc. - was their own idea. :huh:
They're still on the hook with the FAA
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE59G1GR20091017

And, wasn't it AA that came up with an alternative way (i.e. NOT approved by the manufacturer) of removing a DC-10 engine which eventually led to the single deadiest airline crash in US history?

Was advised that a supervisor was awarded a $1000.00 in the A&B drawings for taking two weeks and traveling to San Salvador to train proper Mtc procedures on the 737.....perhaps time to return to the training room??? :down:

Latest posts