Should SWA buy Aloha?

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:16:29 PM

BTW busdrivr sorry about blowing up on you.....very rough night tonight!
----------------

And you think you're having a rough night? Try our last year!!
[;)] .

Actually the gateway city was Baltimore/Washington....I heard the whole deal did nothing for either SW or FI....although nonreving to London via KEF was very easy! BTW busdrivr sorry about blowing up on you.....very rough night tonight!

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:16:29 PM

Actually the gateway city was Baltimore/Washington....I heard the whole deal did nothing for either SW or FI....although nonreving to London via KEF was very easy! ...
----------------

Sorry, bad term using "gateway". There was a connection in Baltimore but as I recall the market was directed at Cleveland. This was about late 1996 so I'm a little fuzzy on all the details. As you said, it did nothing for either airline.

One flight took a 3 1/2 hour mx delay forcing me to dump all connections (on a holiday weekend)...and some bright person in dispatch downgraded a fully booked -300 (137 seats) to a -500 (122 seats).....let just say I'm not a happy person tonight!

Actually, the IceAir deal very much revolved around MCO.

I forget the exact #s, but about 1/3 of Icelanders are ex-pats and a major Orlando time-share guy is a Icelandic and has become very wealthy by selling said time-shares to Icelanders.

I was stationed at KEF. July 7-21, it's great. The other 50 weeks suck.

shhh, my good man - this is information that should be passed out on a "need to know basis" and since it doesn't pertain to "aviation" I'm sure all these folks really don't *need* to know...

oh and playboy did a feature on the women of Iceland if anyone needs a reference point...

[/quote]

LOL, You ever been to Iceland? Some of the hottest women in the world, and they drink A LOT. If I lived in Cleveland, Iceland would sound real good!!!

----------------
[/quote]

----------------
On 9/2/2002 9:56:56 AM

shhh, my good man - this is information that should be passed out on a "need to know basis" and since it doesn't pertain to "aviation" I'm sure all these folks really don't *need* to know...

oh and playboy did a feature on the women of Iceland if anyone needs a reference point...

LOL, You ever been to Iceland? Some of the hottest women in the world, and they drink A LOT. If I lived in Cleveland, Iceland would sound real good!!!

----------------
[/quote]

----------------
[/quote]

Y'mean the "women of Iceland" don't all look (and sound) like Bjork? Whew...that's a relief![:bigsmile:]

images

You mean to tell me she's not HOT????

----------------
On 9/3/2002 8:08:11 PM

images

You mean to tell me she's not HOT????
----------------

Give her a helmet and an axe and she'd be a Tolkien dwarf...[:bigsmile:]

Think we might have veered a tiny bit off-topic?

Latest posts