Sign The Petition

Someone tell me if I am wrong.

Since the IBT is not a democratic union like AMFA they can force the pension on us. Something like
using the term (in the best interest of the membership). Can this happen?????????

We eventually will get to vote. The issue I have is when they perform the dog and pony show they will make promises that will not be kept. Just like the Organizing Division. Say anything to make a sale. Problem is we as a group are gullable and lazy when it comes to promises and it will probably pass on that fact alone. GT

The IBT needs to get the message that we don't want their pension. All the time I speak to people that thought they would get their old pension back if the IBT got voted in. Nothing but lies. Where are all the organizers? Shortly after the IBT got in at UA I saw one of our new business reps rolling his toolbox out the gate and loading it in a new truck. I believe that person and his followers pushed so hard to get the IBT in just for their own good. I never see any of these reps.

The IBT is nothing but a dues machine. I want then to stop pushing the pension and get us some better wages. Better medical & dental would be great. The workforce is aging and those things are important.

You guys (not that I'm saying you Gatemech) brought this on yourself back in March 2008. I could have predicted this would happen. The SOB hoffa flew on nw during the strike and lies on camera about it. They got voted in on lies and now people are seeing what they are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij_Ao-_9jV4

I was a Teamster for 11 years and they sucked in their overall representation. Now granted that I wasn't part of an 'airline' teamsters but they seem to go to bed with management more than other unions...they actually invented the sleeping with the enemy thingy :rolleyes:

Basically...U R Screwed!

I appologize to all,

I just got my letter to VP Stripling returned. Apparently I forgot to include the "Suite 216" in the address so it was "undeliverable". My mistake, sorry.

The proper address should be:

Paul J. Stripling VP
c/o International Brotherhood of Teamsters
200 E. Howard St. Suite 216
Des Plaines, IL
60018-5907

The phone should be unchanged @ 847-298-9999

I'll be re-sending my letter today.

You want to laugh at something? Look in the mirror for that's where the problem starts. It's either "it's not going to make a difference" or "I'll let someone else do it". We are our own worst enemy and that sir is why we have no respect. GT Davis

No dog in your fight at UAL, but good to see you have joined the forum, GT.

As unions weaken they become more desperate. Cash is king and dues money rules the day. Membership needs are insignificant compared to the need for dues money to continue flowing in. Thats why the IAM, Teamsters, etc include members that never turned a wrench or drove a truck. A false sense of security in exchange for a couple of hours pay a month. What a deal! Compile that with not supporting other unions efforts or strike actions (ala NWA) and you see them growing weaker as they practicw that particular form of exclusionism. Good post Spock.

You guys (not that I'm saying you Gatemech) brought this on yourself back in March 2008. I could have predicted this would happen. The SOB hoffa flew on nw during the strike and lies on camera about it. They got voted in on lies and now people are seeing what they are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij_Ao-_9jV4

As unions weaken they become more desperate. Cash is king and dues money rules the day. Membership needs are insignificant compared to the need for dues money to continue flowing in. Thats why the IAM, Teamsters, etc include members that never turned a wrench or drove a truck. A false sense of security in exchange for a couple of hours pay a month. What a deal! Compile that with not supporting other unions efforts or strike actions (ala NWA) and you see them growing weaker as they practicw that particular form of exclusionism. Good post Spock.

Opportunity knocked and no one answered.
Solidarity is non existent in any industry, specifically United.
United Unions have no gut, and have proven it time and time again.
Too baddd, Sooo Saddd…

:shock:

I remember when UAL had the ESOP. UAL had leased a bay in our hangar so I was assigned to work with their guy on it. I never liked the idea of forced stock options for workers. Especially options that you have to hold on to as a condition of employment. The UAL guy however was very enthusiastic, he said "I'm going to retire a millionaire". I doubted it. He told me how much his stock had gone up then I asked him 'Can you sell it?" "He said "no, not unless I quit first'. I said "If you cant sell it you dont own it," all you have is the liablity of having a portion of your pay diverted into something you have no control over.

I think the ESOP plan was the greatest scam the banks ever came up with. They forced the employees to buy the stock at inflated prices (probably selling their own and reaping huge profits) then make sure the carrier goes bankrupt, making the employee held stock worthless, then get the courts to issue new stock in exchange for thier "losses" on company held debt. So they make a huge profit selling the company to the employees, then take it back from them for free.

Right now you guys have the IBT where you want them. If they dont deliver you've already demonstrated that you will not tolerate a lack of performance, ie IAM, AMFA. Portability is a powerful weapon, it makes others accountable. If you get brought into the IBT plan it would make the IBT less accountable because now they have your pension. So if you are certain that no matter what you want to stay with the IBT, who have done a good job as far as wages at UPS and even Air Tran, then vote in favor of the plan, its probably better than you would do on your own because you join a larger pool, but if you want to keep their feet to the fire and keep them accountable then I would say vote against it.

Back