Skyword Article-TWA Senority Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
the largest airline that is . whooopeee.
AA has not been the same since it bought twa that is for sure.
7.gif']

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]AA has not been the same since it bought twa that is for sure. [IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/8.gif] [IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif] ----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]How true. Since it aquired TWA it has become more on time, it's STL Hub is becoming the model in many ways for better efficiency at ORD and DFW.[BR]Guess thats why they are taking managers out of STL to go run other hubs.[BR]Yes it's a shame that change has to come.[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/9/2002 10:49:59 PM TWAB717 wrote:

I leave this post with a fact that will forever hold true, it's ONLY because of TWA that AA is now the number 1 airline.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Very much like the fact that the inclusion of Michael Jordan to the Washington Wizards has made them an NBA championship caliber team, or the time Kansas City won the Super Bowl when they acquired Joe Montana....Oh, and let's not forget the World series Champions Texas Rangers when they spent all that money on Alex Rodriguez.

It's really great knowing that AA is the Number one airline ALL BECAUSE of TWA...forget the rest of the original AA'rs, retired or still working (including those furloughed) who contributed to AMR BEFORE the great TWA came our way.....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/11/2002 12:23:00 AM Sgt. Friday wrote:

How true. Since it aquired TWA it has become more on time, it's STL Hub is becoming the model in many ways for better efficiency at ORD and DFW.
Guess thats why they are taking managers out of STL to go run other hubs.
Yes it's a shame that change has to come.[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'm sorry but could you enlighten us how STL is a model hub for AA ? (except perhaps for using American Connection to get around the APA scope clause).

STL is a model hub because quite a few passengers prefer it over DFW and ORD. If there isnt any weather, its a very efficient hub. There is also a stark difference between AA and TWA folks on how we deal with customers. On one of my last trips before furlough an AAdvantage Platinum member came into the galley and complimented the crew and asked for our names so she could write a letter. She said she much prefers going thru STL vs. ORD or DFW and liked the TWA crews a lot better. She said we looked like we were having fun, we were attentive, smiled, and that is something AA lacks. She said she felt like the AA crews did her a favor by being there when she flew with them. It was nice, and I know of many more stories of passengers saying how much better our people are. So, I still believe AA can learn a lot from us, especially now, on how to run a lean airline. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that TWA was around before AA and just MIGHT know something they don't? Yes, years of bad management killed us, but we are an asset, and just waiting for the day when we are treated as such.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/13/2002 1:02:49 PM TWAB717 wrote:

There is also a stark difference between AA and TWA folks on how we deal with customers. On one of my last trips before furlough an AAdvantage Platinum member came into the galley and complimented the crew and asked for our names so she could write a letter. She said she much prefers going thru STL vs. ORD or DFW and liked the TWA crews a lot better. She said we looked like we were having fun, we were attentive, smiled, and that is something AA lacks. She said she felt like the AA crews did her a favor by being there when she flew with them. It was nice, and I know of many more stories of passengers saying how much better our people are. So, I still believe AA can learn a lot from us, especially now, on how to run a lean airline. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that TWA was around before AA and just MIGHT know something they don't? Yes, years of bad management killed us, but we are an asset, and just waiting for the day when we are treated as such.
----------------
[/blockquote]

yeah yeah, and I've heard so many stories from several people over the years how much better United crews are than Delta, or vice versa, or how Southwest crews are a lot friendlier than TWA, or vice versa, OR how much more attentive NW crews are compared to UA, etc etc etc. does this mean they're a lot better than the others? hell no!
every crew is different. I flew several TWA flights before where the FAs showed their true colors, being the old lazy hags that they are. would this be an indicative of every TWA flight? helll no! My parents have flown on AA flights where they had nothing but high praises for the attentiveness and effectiveness of the crew, I've heard praises for AA flight crews from business people, politicians, doctors, nurses, policemen, Air Marshals, the clerk at my bank, my hairdresser, teachers, all people from all walks of life. I've also heard horror stories about the crews from the very same people. They also have the same praises and expressions of horror about every other airline too. Does this mean that one airline is a lot better than the other?

we all agree we could learn from TWA, the thing is TWA refuses to learn from AA because every other decision made by any AA'r is poo-pooed away by you guys, all because we've been there before and we know how it should be...I'm sorry but it's suppose to be a two-way street. Yes, you are an asset and at the same time AA'rs are an asset too. You may know something we don't but does that mean you're a lot better than us??
you're an asset, I'm an asset BUT we're both disposable assets. what's so hard to understand about that? what does being an asset mean to you guys? that you should keep your jobs while others who have been with the company from the beginning should lose theirs? sorry it does not work that way. Last In, First Out, that's the way it works and whether you like it or not, that's the way it's going to be, whether here or someplace else. what's so hard to understand about that? you are being treated like an asset, it's just too sad that you don't realize it, or rather REFUSE to realize it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/13/2002 1:02:49 PM TWAB717 wrote:

STL is a model hub because quite a few passengers prefer it over DFW and ORD. If there isnt any weather, its a very efficient hub. There is also a stark difference between AA and TWA folks on how we deal with customers. On one of my last trips before furlough an AAdvantage Platinum member came into the galley and complimented the crew and asked for our names so she could write a letter. She said she much prefers going thru STL vs. ORD or DFW and liked the TWA crews a lot better. She said we looked like we were having fun, we were attentive, smiled, and that is something AA lacks. She said she felt like the AA crews did her a favor by being there when she flew with them. It was nice, and I know of many more stories of passengers saying how much better our people are. So, I still believe AA can learn a lot from us, especially now, on how to run a lean airline. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that TWA was around before AA and just MIGHT know something they don't? Yes, years of bad management killed us, but we are an asset, and just waiting for the day when we are treated as such.
----------------
[/blockquote]

OK, so STL is a model hub because the STL based employees are friendler. I'll take your word for it as I've never travelled through STL on AA, TW or any other airline. I have heard though, that the facilities at STL are not in the greatest shape, although AA is fixing that. During my travels on AA I have connected via DFW and ORD and would rate both equally.
To me the a model hub is more than friendly folks. To me the number of destinations and the number of flights to/from a hub are most important. Another factor is the shape of the hub itself - for example the old NW terminal / concourses at DTW were awful. I don't much care if the employees have the personality of a soap dish as long as I get from point A to point B (connecting at point C).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts