So what happens to Tulsa?

Oklahoma is almost like a different country, and isn't Sam labor friendly for the twu/company? I assume thats the president your talking about.
SAM? Sorry I did not say exactly what I meant. The president of the United States is labor friendly. The government bailed out the auto idustry and the banks, why not the airline industry?

SAM? Sorry I did not say exactly what I meant. The president of the United States is labor friendly. The government bailed out the auto idustry and the banks, why not the airline industry?
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the mechanics up there is T town will restucture along with the company and start over with a democratic union. AMP, AMFA, whatever!

exactly.......MNTC will be contracted out. Stick to your core business of filling seats and flying airplanes efficiently. Contract all other work out. Ground handling, maintenance.......etc.....contract it all out.

My hunch....

Horton and Ream apparently are in favor of outsourcing MRO. My guesses...

1) Component overhaul, including TAESL, will be gone, along with the related backshops
2) An offshore MRO will be brought in, either as a JV partner or an outright buyer for TUL
3) An offshore MRO will be brought in, either as a JV partner or an outright buyer for AFW
4) DWH will remain an AA location

With the weaker dollar, it's not out of the question that oneworld could follow Skyteam's lead, and we'll all see BA and IB aircraft flying to OK and TX for overhauls.

exactly.......MNTC will be contracted out. Stick to your core business of filling seats and flying airplanes efficiently. Contract all other work out. Ground handling, maintenance.......etc.....contract it all out.
I'm sure you can be out sourced also. by the way of jetblue and other code sharing

Buddy......you're preaching to the choir. Let me tell you something. It's time for all unions to wake up and smell the coffee. Pilot wages will progressively brought down as well. The days of guys making 100k plus and flying two trips a month will come to a close in north america.

Maintenance will be contracted out, ground handling will be contracted out....on and on.....it's the only answer

I'm sure you can be out sourced also. by the way of jetblue and other code sharing

An industry bailout would be a tough sell when only one airline is in desperate need of a bailout: AA.

Nearly every other airline is profitable this year, and many of those whacked their labor costs during their bankruptcies in 2002-05.

Buddy......you're preaching to the choir. Let me tell you something. It's time for all unions to wake up and smell the coffee. Pilot wages will progressively brought down as well. The days of guys making 100k plus and flying two trips a month will come to a close in north america.

Maintenance will be contracted out, ground handling will be contracted out....on and on.....it's the only answer
why so the arpeys and hortons of the world get all the money

My hunch is OH will be spun off into a separate entity of AMR....Wages and benefits will be adjusted to compete with the Timcos... Line maintenannce wages and benefits will be on par with every other low cost carrier and once-bankrupt legacy carrier.

Look around,,,,the Low cost guys have NO overhaul but DO HAVE line mechanics...
The once-bankrupt legacy carriers devasted their OH operations. but kept their line mechanics. It is what it is!

An industry bailout would be a tough sell when only one airline is in desperate need of a bailout: AA.

Nearly every other airline is profitable this year, and many of those whacked their labor costs during their bankruptcies in 2002-05.
An industry bailout should be looked at for the fuel spikes and Tarmac Delay issues and for all airlines. Maybe another area might be to look at landing fees. If a City like New York wants fair compensation for its working citizens, maybe the city itself shoud look into footing some of the bill.

DING...DING....DING....."carol.....show us what he won!"......exactly. Its all about shareholder value. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE people. This is a publicly traded company and their key responsibility is to create shareholder value and wealth......not be a welfare business.

Hey Paul, It's not our money idiot!! It is the shareholders like it or not. THEY allowed this to happen!!

Back