So What Would You Suggest?

LaraF

Dec 28, 2004
I made flight reservations in November to fly from Pittsburgh to Montreal for the holidays. Unfortunately US Airways recently eliminated this direct route :( so I had to take a connection. Since I lived in Philly for two years before moving across the state and so was familiar with the airport (never having had major problems), it seemed the logical choice.

I made it to Montreal with my luggage in one piece Dec. 21 before the huge mess broke out, but I still have to come back January 1. I chose that day because I knew Sunday would be a mess with everyone flying back, but now I'm concerned almost no one will show up to work New Year's Day. Can anyone give some idea just how bad it's liable to be? Should I try to change the flight? I'd love for those who've said "the passenger should know better" to give me their suggestions, because I'm not happy about this (to say nothing of the prospect of the airline providing 80% of flights in my area going bankrupt).

LaraF said:
I made flight reservations in November to fly from Pittsburgh to Montreal for the holidays. Unfortunately US Airways recently eliminated this direct route :( so I had to take a connection. Since I lived in Philly for two years before moving across the state and so was familiar with the airport (never having had major problems), it seemed the logical choice.

I made it to Montreal with my luggage in one piece Dec. 21 before the huge mess broke out, but I still have to come back January 1. I chose that day because I knew Sunday would be a mess with everyone flying back, but now I'm concerned almost no one will show up to work New Year's Day. Can anyone give some idea just how bad it's liable to be? Should I try to change the flight? I'd love for those who've said "the passenger should know better" to give me their suggestions, because I'm not happy about this (to say nothing of the prospect of the airline providing 80% of flights in my area going bankrupt).
[post="232952"][/post]​

I think you'll just have to take your chances. On the up side, U management will probably make an all-out effort to not screwup PHL on a holiday again. However, if weather becomes a factor, don't expect everything to be smooth and I think it's a safe bet that labor relations will continue to deteriorate the closer we get to the 6th of January court date.

LaraF said:

[post="232952"][/post]​

Lara your flights will probably be okay. If I were you I'd FedEx my bag home though.

LaraF said:

[post="232952"][/post]​

I'd push them to switch my flight to AC or UAL. I don't trust them anymore. Sorry guys. And, if they don't switch you, call Consumer Affairs and tell them that the stuff you have been reading on USAVIATION.COM, including that you should FEDEX your bag home, has you convinced that they are totally unreliable.

EyeInTheSky said:
If I were you I'd FedEx my bag home though.
[post="232957"][/post]​

Although pathetic, this was truly hysterically funny.

Can some explain the difference to me again between LCC and Legacy carriers?

Any WHY some airlines still call themselves Legacy? The difference, please?

( I don't think WN passengers usually have to call Fedex to deliver their underwear)

Does anyone realize there's no difference anymore???. AA doesn't have olives or pillows, U doesn't have bags. Nobody serves food.

Can pay toilets and charging for reserved seats be far behind?

Ya' gets in the plane at A, Ya' gets off the plane at B.

The LCC's ARE becoming the legacy carriers. You know, the ones with service and smiles and stuff?

This LCC /Legacy nonsense has become a silly joke.

Just my opinion, but one some employees might want to ponder.

It's like a real bad Cybil movie. As for FedEx'ing or shipping the bag; I am serious. I bought my Mom a ticket and we shipped her stuff home to Chicago. It's just easier than going from line to line and dealing with TSA. Then to top it off the baggage mess... travel light folks...and don't schlepp...ship. :)

PineyBob said:
I haven't checked a bag in or out of PHL in 3 years, that should tell you something. If you can't jam it into a bag that fits in an overhead on a mainline sized plane then you don't need it anyway.
[post="232977"][/post]​

Smart man! :D

Back