Soldarity Is Not Irrelevant

Dog Wonder

Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
Unknown
It is a disgrace to hear union members attack the people their brothers and sisters they have selected to represent them. They are only attacking themselves.

If this company believed the people they want to put out of work cared enough about each other to stand together, it would stop acting like an inhuman entity and recognize these are lives and futures they are attacking.

Unfortunately divide and conquer has been a success.

Don't blame management, lookin the mirror.

Dog Wonder said:
It is a disgrace to hear union members attack the people their brothers and sisters they have selected to represent them.
[post="184262"][/post]​

Kind of like the Republicans attacking the Democrats and the Democrats attacking the Republicans. Not everyone was pleased with the selection of the members that represent them. You're just going to have to learn to live with it. It's part of life.

Borescope said:
Kind of like the Republicans attacking the Democrats and the Democrats attacking the Republicans. Not everyone was pleased with the selection of the members that represent them. You're just going to have to learn to live with it. It's part of life.
[post="184267"][/post]​

NO, I equate it on the same line as Democrats attacking Democrats in Congress.

That's how sick this is.

Remember, Solidarity in Poland was one of the BIG events that fianlly brought down the EVIL EMPIRE of the USSR. And, the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Stand united, or fall apart... I have zero respect for the losers who have folded like superman on laundry day... Selling your brothers and sisters souls like you were satan himself.. hell may be yet too nice a place.. You're hell will be looking at your own face every morning as a trader... like a solider leavings his buddies hanging in war, only to save his own skin.. makes me want to vomit.

well its very simple....you have two kinds of people....one who believes the company is going to die and cuts are needed...and those who are mad and believe its all a lie and will fight to the end........
bottom line is those who want to fight hopefully have other options in case they are wrong......cuz when the company's gone away you have nothing..zero..zilch..no job no money...even if its 23pct less than yesterday....
the union has always had both kinds of people...thats why when there is contract voting only 50pct of the eligible voters bother to vote.....so dont complain that brothers and sisters are turning on each other cuz free speech and thought is the American way!..........who's gonna be right?...time will tell brother.....time will tell...

PineyBob said:
I fight for no flag! But I will die for money!

Economic warfare is not the same as military war. That's why solidarity has been rendered moot in this country.
[post="184753"][/post]​

And, that's why 62% of Americans are obese slugs who would rather down a bag of Doritos watching TV than get off their fat a$$es and stand up for something. Don't worry, the Chinese will overtake our 'great society' because of our lack of ambition to do what's right.

Robc98

You forgot about a large group...the group that is mad, believes that this company has been mismanaged to death, raped the employees, ripped off the passenger and is going to die very soon no matter how much management pilfers from the employees.

Also, how do you or anyone else that keeps spewing that when the company is gone all the employees will be left with no money, no jobs, nothing. How do you or anyone else know what will happen to each and every employee? You don't know the educational background or work experience that US employees have. They survived before US and they will survive after US. Some may not need to work any longer because of spouse income, savings, wealthy parents etc. I'm sure that most have lost a job before and life goes on. You get your butt out there and sell yourself and get another job. Whose to say that no one will get another job like US or be paid the same or more? US is not and never was the best company in this world and never did offer the best pay and benefits in this world. Life will go on for all employees, passengers and communities. US is just a minute spec on this earth and its employees will do what ever it takes after it's gone. How dare you and the other big mouths slam the employees of US and insinuate they are a bunch of uneducated, unexperienced, lazy good for nothings when you know nothing! Speak for yourself!!!!!!!!

bobcat said:
Robc98

You forgot about a large group...the group that is mad, believes that this company has been mismanaged to death, raped the employees, ripped off the passenger and is going to die very soon no matter how much management pilfers from the employees.

Also, how do you or anyone else that keeps spewing that when the company is gone all the employees will be left with no money, no jobs, nothing. How do you or anyone else know what will happen to each and every employee? You don't know the educational background or work experience that US employees have. They survived before US and they will survive after US. Some may not need to work any longer because of spouse income, savings, wealthy parents etc. I'm sure that most have lost a job before and life goes on. You get your butt out there and sell yourself and get another job. Whose to say that no one will get another job like US or be paid the same or more? US is not and never was the best company in this world and never did offer the best pay and benefits in this world. Life will go on for all employees, passengers and communities. US is just a minute spec on this earth and its employees will do what ever it takes after it's gone. How dare you and the other big mouths slam the employees of US and insinuate they are a bunch of uneducated, unexperienced, lazy good for nothings when you know nothing! Speak for yourself!!!!!!!!
[post="184790"][/post]​
excuse me??......lets go back to ur first paragraph.....first of all im the vice president of one of the largest locals in this airline...second of all ive been in this position since CWA was born with Usairways....Ive watched this brilliant group of people NOT show up to membership meetings held monthly in PHILA ....Ive watched this group NOT get involved with this union nor step up to the plate over the last 5 yrs....Ive watched this group leave all the work up to 6 people who make up our Exec board....NOW all of a sudden this big group is mad..oh boy..boo hoo.. a little late now aren't we??....where were these people when they voted the small stations down the drain with mainline/express and MDA in 2003.....where was the solidarity and the genius's that work here...they sold every medium to small size city to a 45pct paycut...so now the company is looking for 23pct to save this sorry place..I would kill for just getting a 23 pct paycut from mainline pay...but I dont have that option now because the BIG GROUP shoved it up my a--......so now it involves the big cities so everyone must come together, sit up and take notice......my comment was relating to the fact that there are 2 kinds of people that make up this airline....the ones who care and the ones who dont....they will never be on the same page and will never agree as to whats best for this company....so give up ur ranting on and on over things that do not apply here....there was only 50pct of the total CWA group who even voted back in 2003...which group were u in??........

PineyBob said:
Just curious as to your opinion. Am I in the 62% or the other 38%?

BTW I hate Dorito's and recently lost about 25 pounds.
[post="184846"][/post]​

PineyBob, I have no idea if you are obese; doesn't sound like it. Therefore, I'll assume you are in the 'svelt' 38%. :p Congrats on the weight loss - been there myself.

Robc98

Excuse me??? You're the vice president of one of the largest locals in this airline and......? The CWA has only been with US for about six or seven years so, what's your point there.

From day one there has been no motivation from the CWA and little communication to its members. Monthly meetings in PHL, huh news to me. Unfortunately it seems the agents voted in the wrong union six or seven years ago. This union has never shown any passion for their "mission" so, how can its members?

As far as throwing anyone under the bus, if you know as much as you say you know, you surely would remember that the last CWA vote was a complete disaster. A great many agents had just been layed off and didn't care to cast their vote, many active agents never received the voting packet, the vote by phone system was supposedly not working correctly and agents that had already voted were told to vote again and many never even got that message so many never did revote. Don't forget the "yes" votes came out ahead by only three votes and that was questionable. So, do not say this whole group screwed the little guy because it just is not true. It's management that actually shove it up your #%* whether you want to admit it or not. You are just bitter.

As for your thought on the ones that care and the ones that don't care. Up until December '03 I think most still cared and may have had some bit of hope. After the last nine months of this management team destroying demeaning, threatening, and demoralizing the employees, wasting money, rewarding management for jobs NOT well done, driving customers away and everything in between not many care any longer. Why should they? What is left and what is to come? Nothing good is the answer. The good, hard working, loyal and caring employees have been pushed relentlessly by management to this point and there is most likely no going back. As "they" say this business is changed forever and there is no going back to the glory days.

All of your ranting is just your little old opinion and definately not fact!

bobcat said:
Robc98

Excuse me??? You're the vice president of one of the largest locals in this airline and......? The CWA has only been with US for about six or seven years so, what's your point there.

From day one there has been no motivation from the CWA and little communication to its members. Monthly meetings in PHL, huh news to me. Unfortunately it seems the agents voted in the wrong union six or seven years ago. This union has never shown any passion for their "mission" so, how can its members?

As far as throwing anyone under the bus, if you know as much as you say you know, you surely would remember that the last CWA vote was a complete disaster. A great many agents had just been layed off and didn't care to cast their vote, many active agents never received the voting packet, the vote by phone system was supposedly not working correctly and agents that had already voted were told to vote again and many never even got that message so many never did revote. Don't forget the "yes" votes came out ahead by only three votes and that was questionable. So, do not say this whole group screwed the little guy because it just is not true. It's management that actually shove it up your #%* whether you want to admit it or not. You are just bitter.

As for your thought on the ones that care and the ones that don't care. Up until December '03 I think most still cared and may have had some bit of hope. After the last nine months of this management team destroying demeaning, threatening, and demoralizing the employees, wasting money, rewarding management for jobs NOT well done, driving customers away and everything in between not many care any longer. Why should they? What is left and what is to come? Nothing good is the answer. The good, hard working, loyal and caring employees have been pushed relentlessly by management to this point and there is most likely no going back. As "they" say this business is changed forever and there is no going back to the glory days.

All of your ranting is just your little old opinion and definately not fact!
[post="184919"][/post]​
Ok...first of all lets go back to the top of these posts and look at the header line....which reads...Solidarity is not irrevelant..what side are u on?....then read the post by the person who posted it......it starts out by saying its a disgrace to hear union members attack the people their brothers and sisters they have selected to represent them"....
my response to that post is quote.."well its very simple....you have two kinds of people....one who believes the company is going to die and cuts are needed...and those who are mad and believe its all a lie and will fight to the end........
bottom line is those who want to fight hopefully have other options in case they are wrong......cuz when the company's gone away you have nothing..zero..zilch..no job no money...even if its 23pct less than yesterday....
the union has always had both kinds of people...thats why when there is contract voting only 50pct of the eligible voters bother to vote.....so dont complain that brothers and sisters are turning on each other cuz free speech and thought is the American way!..........who's gonna be right?...time will tell brother.....time will tell... end quote"...........
my reply above to the original post was simply a fact that you have a split group here...being an officer of the phila local i see it with my own eyes...i dont have to dream it nor hyposthesize it...its a FACT......so why you felt the notion to create an argument with me over my opinion of the agents ability to go out and earn a decent living after Usairways and whether or not I think they have the ability to do so was created in your mind. There is no mention of any of these items in your personal attack toward's me in my original post.....I know the company screwed us...I have 21yrs here and Ive worked in 3 different cities including PHL...I know Wolfe and Gangwal started our slide downward..heck it was Schofield actually....so lets get back to the original posts and my response to the individual who started it.....this argument between u and I is the only irrelevant thing on here.....your right the business has changed forever...its over...and the cuts are here....just hope for the best....good luck

mrfish3726 said:
Remember, Solidarity in Poland was one of the BIG events that fianlly brought down the EVIL EMPIRE of the USSR. And, the fall of the Berlin Wall.
[post="184298"][/post]​
Excuse me!!, Solidarity played a PART in the overall scheme of bringing about change in POLAND. President Ronald Reagans' POLICIES brought down the "EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!!!

Back