A Call to Arms

May 23, 2010
This shall serve as written notice, that all of title one has been called to arms.​

Union Brothers and Sisters, in the past we have settled for mediocre contracts despite the fact that I and all those I know voted NO. Time and time again our Families and our Profession have paid the price for the shortcomings in these contracts. For almost a decade now our wages, benefits and a whole laundry list of other issues have been both substandard and stagnant, while the cost to survive continue to skyrocket around us. The company, if allowed to will continue to take from our pockets so that they can fill theirs, They cry the sad songs about the economy dictating the need for lower wages, but have you noticed that the upper echelon without fail always seem to still get those nice fat sums? This concessionary T/A MUST be voted down. I issue a personal challenge to you all to do as I and many of my Union Brothers and Sisters here at DFW, come to arms and bring your ballot in to work and proudly vote NO in the presents of your Union Brothers and Sisters, show solidarity and integrity.

Look back in history and ask yourself this; What war, yielding substantial gain was ever won without a fight to earn it? It is time to stand and fight, bring this battle to the company's front door. It is our duty to save our Profession, provide a better life for our Families and FIGHT for a better contract. The company is afraid of what we can do as a united unit, so it is trying its very best to keep us divided. Come together Union Brothers and Sisters and prepare for BATTLE. STOP feeling hopeless and defeated, our future is in our hands, let's reshape it! The people united, will never be defeated!

THE PEOPLE UNITED, WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

THE PEOPLE UNITED, WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!​

S. Gumbs @DFW

We did our part in identifying problems with 12 OTS at DFW today.

Lots of heat. Now I am feeling ill and may have to take a few weeks off to recover.

Stop your feckless whining and make the contract right. Or eat your airplanes.

This is all just trash talk.

The fact is that the entire industry revolves around your friends and neighbours sitting at home or in a cubicle in front of their PCs and low-balling your salaries by simply clicking away on Expedia, Priceline and the rest for the lowest price.

There is no brand-loyalty. Just, " get me there the cheapest way possible.".

The passenger votes on your ever illusive union contract everyday. :unsure:

This is all just trash talk.

The fact is that the entire industry revolves around your friends and neighbours sitting at home or in a cubicle in front of their PCs and low-balling your salaries by simply clicking away on Expedia, Priceline and the rest for the lowest price.

There is no brand-loyalty. Just, " get me there the cheapest way possible.".

The passenger votes on your ever illusive union contract everyday. :unsure:

Excellent point....But they may get paid back with delays, cancellations, bad service and lost bags.

Excellent point....But they may get paid back with delays, cancellations, bad service and lost bags.

That's quickly forgotten the next time the consumer goes price hunting on their next trip.
The wallet dictates which airline they fly next time they go on a trip.
There are few exceptions but no where near enough to prove a point.

I send my D3ers on jetBlue. The difference between the D3 charges is not much if you plan ahead of time not to mention sitting around waiting to board or not. Hell I may even buy a ticket on JetBlue. JetBlue does NOT over sell according to their website.

That's quickly forgotten the next time the consumer goes price hunting on their next trip.
The wallet dictates which airline they fly next time they go on a trip.
There are few exceptions but no where near enough to prove a point.
if that's the case....then the company should not break the employees' chops about delays or cancellations.