Soul Searching

Ran off Ames? No I'm still around, read the boards pretty often and I'm still happily married to an East pilot too.
I did notice you've been missing for awhile though....decided to crawl out from under your rock after this injunction deal came out huh? Beat your chest a little or is that little chest....You guys out West must realize that the company would sell you out in a heartbeat so don't get too cocky.

Seems like you ran off for awhile though....One of the East guys was looking for you for days...weeks over some comment you made. I forget the basis behind it all but I do believe he was calling you out.

You're still around. Oh, good, "Mrs. east pilot". I don't look at the boards much - only once in a while out of absolute boredom. Didn't crawl out from under a rock but did just enjoy a month on my boat. (Thank you PBS)

I'm not beating my chest but certainly am enjoying the hammer that is falling on the east. Was bound to happen. Hope it hurts (a lot). I do realize that the company would sell us out in a heartbeat (they already have) but I know with certainty that selling the west out is ucrapa's sole intent. At least I don't have to pay the company 1.95% of my pay for selling me out. What a conundrum.

Glad you missed me. That tells me that I have gotten under your skin and that's just what I have intended to do.

AWA was NOT in serious trouble. Not even close. Have you bothered to look up how many profitable quarters we had prior to the merger?

Obviously not.

How about US Air? They were on the verge of liquidation. Had this merger not occured, they would have liquidated. We weren't close to even filing for bankruptcy. And how long do airlines bounce around there? Look at Frontier, etc.

So save your lemming BS. Look stuff up yourself instead of repeat things you hear in the pilot lounge.

IOW, pull your head out of your ass.

Wow! What an idiot.

AWA was 30 days from federal default with no, yes, no way out. Your drunken "leader", in a rare fit of soberness, admitted that.

Wow! What an idiot.

AWA was 30 days from federal default with no, yes, no way out. Your drunken "leader", in a rare fit of soberness, admitted that.

WOW. Lies, Liable, slander and NO PROOF. Why don't waste some time and find EXACTLY where & when Mr. Parker said that? Tic toc.

WOW. Lies, Liable, slander and NO PROOF. Why don't waste some time and find EXACTLY where & when Mr. Parker said that? Tic toc.

Crew "meetings"? Do you not view your own drunken "leader"?

Your comment about "no proof" is incorrect, as usual.

Look, I understand your confusion in light of the collapse of your base "values". We can give you time to consider your loss, solely due to your greed. Believe me, no one wants your "job", lurching from one made up "crisis" to another, your drunken moron's management's "technique".

Crew "meetings"? Do you not view your own drunken "leader"?

Your comment about "no proof" is incorrect, as usual.

Look, I understand your confusion in light of the collapse of your base "values". We can give you time to consider your loss, solely due to your greed. Believe me, no one wants your "job", lurching from one made up "crisis" to another, your drunken moron's management's "technique".

Show us what you got or STFU.

It’s unfortunate to see pilots lose their integrity. A calendar date doesn’t change items a pilot will accept and those that they reject for safety. Determination of safe taxi speed, developed over years of commanding aircraft doesn’t change during a negotiation.

The very argument justifying higher wages, superior judgement, is nullified when wage negotiations have anything to do with an operational safety decision. Creating situations where the command pilot’s judgement is questioned, and it will be if they actually consider negotiations as a valid accept/reject criteria, actually increases the danger to the flying public.

It’s unfortunate to see pilots lose their integrity. A calendar date doesn’t change items a pilot will accept and those that they reject for safety. Determination of safe taxi speed, developed over years of commanding aircraft doesn’t change during a negotiation.

The very argument justifying higher wages, superior judgement, is nullified when wage negotiations have anything to do with an operational safety decision. Creating situations where the command pilot’s judgement is questioned, and it will be if they actually consider negotiations as a valid accept/reject criteria, actually increases the danger to the flying public.

I mostly agree with you, but there can be a change in the work environment that causes you be more careful. We are in one of those times. The work environment at this outfit is so toxic that almost everyone is miserable. That has caused massive distractions, so I have slowed my pace a bit, not to disrupt the operation, but to take that extra few seconds to focus on the job at hand. Instead of double checking the ramp before I leave, I triple check, etc. Remember, the report was talking about .9 minutes extra taxi time! I know that adds up over the course of the day in CLT, but with the distractions and the physical condition of the airport, I'm not sure that is that far out of line. but, I have not read the whole report.

Latest posts

Back