Southwest cuts walk-up fares 25%

----------------
On 8/30/2002 10:39:58 AM

Busdrvr, you have no class. Quit embarrassing the UAL pilot group and go away.

Thank you for choosing UAL, from all of us at SWA.
----------------

Jet Doc gloats about "the judge" and I'm the classless one? Next time try autobrakes 3. Nobody died, whats the problem with pointing out your warts? Or does "your *** not stink? Or are you worried about the scrutiny? UALs low on cash, jetdoc thinks that his remarks are cute or funny, you must think so to. I don't even see KC's typical "there but for the grace..." remarks to jetdoc. Because you guys don't like to play it both ways. Ones things for sure, even if UAL goes into BK, we will do it with the maximum regard for safety, and each and every one of my approaches will be stabilized, even if my "go-around" cost the company a little more in gas. I will not lie to the government to pad our statistics, nor will I try to hide behind little "yo mamma" ("go away, you're classless") remarks to try to shift attention away from SWAs shortcommings, that even your own Flt Dept recognizes as a real problem.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:13:39 AM

----------------
On 8/30/2002 10:50:10 AM

I only repeated information that I found in the July 15 issue of Time magazine.

As far as the disparaging remarks about Jetdoc's time spent on here... I believe I see a UAL mechanic name "gatemech" posting a lot more frequently. Sure hope his getting his full 8 hours of rest before turning the wrench over at UAL.
----------------

Hey, I'm only repeating the media reports I've been reading. SWA is running off runways and having parts fall off the jets. apparently the diff is Gatemechs jets arrive with the same ZFW they departed with. He appears to be doing his job.

----------------
ualbusdrvr, you come over here all the time making negative posts about WN. And you have made enough, admit it or not. So if I make negative posts about your airline don't get your panties in a bundle, pal. You pointed out the mishaps that have happened at WN...that is a valid point. I won't bother to list the ones that have happeded at UAL, the post would be tooooo looong. Quit your crying or quit coming over to this board trying to flame. You have enough of your own problems to worry about...pal. [:p]

Busdrvr, you have no class. Quit embarrassing the UAL pilot group and go away.

Thank you for choosing UAL, from all of us at SWA.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 10:50:10 AM

I only repeated information that I found in the July 15 issue of Time magazine.

As far as the disparaging remarks about Jetdoc's time spent on here... I believe I see a UAL mechanic name "gatemech" posting a lot more frequently. Sure hope his getting his full 8 hours of rest before turning the wrench over at UAL.
----------------

Hey, I'm only repeating the media reports I've been reading. SWA is running off runways and having parts fall off the jets. apparently the diff is Gatemechs jets arrive with the same ZFW they departed with. He appears to be doing his job.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:32:08 AM

Busdrvr, why you continue to insist on embarrassing yourself and the UAL pilot group I do not know.

Go away, you little baby.
----------------

Of course, you won't respond to the problems at SWA. RJ wannabe already admitted you guys lie about your times, the question is by how much? Have you lied about your times "Rhino"? Whats the fastest you've been at 500ft on final? I'm sure you won't answer these simple little questions, you'll just come back with your juvinile little go away remark.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:21:28 AM

[ You pointed out the mishaps that have happened at WN...that is a valid point. I won't bother to list the ones that have happeded at UAL, the post would be tooooo looong. Quit your crying or quit coming over to this board trying to flame. You have enough of your own problems to worry about...pal. [:p]
----------------

Go ahead. Add up the entire number of RPM SWA has flown since it started and look back that far at UAL. Apples to Apples. Then compare the two. But I've thought long and hard about some good advice that would serve you well in the future. So here goes: "Righty tighty, left loosy" Think you can remember that?

----------------
On 8/30/2002 12:15:28 PM

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:21:28 AM

[ You pointed out the mishaps that have happened at WN...that is a valid point. I won't bother to list the ones that have happeded at UAL, the post would be tooooo looong. Quit your crying or quit coming over to this board trying to flame. You have enough of your own problems to worry about...pal. [:p]
----------------

Go ahead. Add up the entire number of RPM SWA has flown since it started and look back that far at UAL. Apples to Apples. Then compare the two. But I've thought long and hard about some good advice that would serve you well in the future. So here goes: "Righty tighty, left loosy" Think you can remember that?

----------------
You know busdrvr, thats the response I would expect from you. I used to work at U and I know many AMTs at UAL and thats the way the typical pilot looks at the AMT at those airlines...sad. Im so happy our guys and gals who fly for us treat us with respect. We have the best pilots in the industry. BTW, as your standing in the unemployment I hear it kinda winds "righty and lefty", how ironic....ha,ha,ha.[:bigsmile:]

----------------
On 8/30/2002 12:24:26 PM

"[You know busdrvr, thats the response I would expect from you. I used to work at U and I know many AMTs at UAL and thats the way the typical pilot looks at the AMT at those airlines...sad."

RTFP, I've stated that our mechs actually keep our jets in one piece (unlike...). i'll take gatemech, Kbob and MM over you anyday.

"Im so happy our guys and gals who fly for us treat us with respect. We have the best pilots in the industry."

Nope sorry, not true. You have the second best. Ask Rhino, if his name indicts the arircraft he flew rather than his *** size, he'll prob admit tha a majority of the, by many measures, best pilots are at UAL. Looking at straight numbers, I'd be willing to bet that there are more Ex SWA pilots at UAL than the other way around. Prior to Sept 11, the upgrade time to guppy capt at UAL was actually quicker than at Luv. throw in the higher pay, more options, A-fund, and not having to buy your own 737 training, and it was a no brainer. Have things changed since Sept 11? Absolutely. I'm sure a smart young lad given the choice which airline to go to today would prob be better served at LUV. But that will likely change again soon. Of course you probably have perfect information since you obviously have a lot of time on your hands to do research (especially since you haven't been bothering to tighten up those panels...)

"BTW, as your standing in the unemployment I hear it kinda winds "righty and lefty", how ironic....ha,ha,ha.[:bigsmile:]
----------------

Nice, is this the kind of tasteless classless remarks you're refering to Rhino? KC?

Steering more toward the topic at hand....U UAL and AA are all colluding to push a lot more business Southwest's direction by reducing the flexiblity of non refundable fares. Look for a 3Q profit - thanks boys.

----------------
On 8/29/2002 5:10:45 PM

Choice of seat can also affect the traveler's ability to work productively during the flight... companies that want their business travelers to work while in transit won't select airlines that don't offer preassigned seating.

How exactly does this work? All the airline seats looked the same to me on Delta, American, United et.al. How does preassigned seating help someone work while in transit?
----------------

How true. Last I checked, the percentage of aisle, window and (dreaded) middle seats is the same on the 737s/757s/Airbuses of AA/UA/DL/NW/CO/US/AS as what I find on WN's 737s.

I always have some good chuckles (to myself) when flying on "full service" airlines listening to pax whine and snivel about their seat assignments while thinking how, percentagewise, there are just as many (actually more, based on reported load factors) people sitting in pre-assigned middle seats on the airlines who offer "frills and perks" as there are on Southwest at any given time. But then again, as UA777Flyer has stated repeatedly, "perception is reality;" perhaps a middle seat, when pre-assigned, is the same as an exit row aisle seat if one's perception is that pre-assigned seating is superior. Somehow, it seems to me that the people I hear whining about their pre-assigned middle seats on the "full-service" Cartel airlines do not agree--although many would probably avoid booking on Southwest due to their lack of pre-assigned seating. Go figure.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 1:00:18 PM

----------------
On 8/30/2002 12:24:26 PM

"[You know busdrvr, thats the response I would expect from you. I used to work at U and I know many AMTs at UAL and thats the way the typical pilot looks at the AMT at those airlines...sad."

RTFP, I've stated that our mechs actually keep our jets in one piece (unlike...). i'll take gatemech, Kbob and MM over you anyday.

"Im so happy our guys and gals who fly for us treat us with respect. We have the best pilots in the industry."

Nope sorry, not true. You have the second best. Ask Rhino, if his name indicts the arircraft he flew rather than his *** size, he'll prob admit tha a majority of the, by many measures, best pilots are at UAL. Looking at straight numbers, I'd be willing to bet that there are more Ex SWA pilots at UAL than the other way around. Prior to Sept 11, the upgrade time to guppy capt at UAL was actually quicker than at Luv. throw in the higher pay, more options, A-fund, and not having to buy your own 737 training, and it was a no brainer. Have things changed since Sept 11? Absolutely. I'm sure a smart young lad given the choice which airline to go to today would prob be better served at LUV. But that will likely change again soon. Of course you probably have perfect information since you obviously have a lot of time on your hands to do research (especially since you haven't been bothering to tighten up those panels...)

"BTW, as your standing in the unemployment I hear it kinda winds "righty and lefty", how ironic....ha,ha,ha.[:bigsmile:]
----------------

Nice, is this the kind of tasteless classless remarks you're refering to Rhino? KC?
----------------
busdrvr, do you by chance dwell over on the yahoo boards as "knucklehead", ha,ha,ha. Boy you sound just like him. BTW, thats a nice website that passengers and former employees of UAL have built. Its called, www.untied.com Cool play on words. Good info on UAL as a well run and respected company, [;)].....You sound like a totally classless act by bringing up the incidents that WN has been in. Whats the point and where what point are you trying to make? Its makes about as much sense as those stupid comments about panels and screws, which btw are weak as well. How many accidents can you bring up where we had people die? If I were built like you I would bring some up but Im not, thank god. Maybe if it were not for our a/c being flown by superior pilots or worked on by $hit hot techs then maybe people would've died. Have you ever stopped to think of that pal? As I said before, you have tons of problems at "Untied", you need to keep your nose in your own business and out of other peoples business. KMA!!

----------------
On 8/30/2002 4:51:39 PM

Jetdoc, let's not go there. UAL has a superb safety record and runs a very safe operation. It's something any UAL employee can be proud of.

You're correct that this is becoming a Yahoo-level discussion, but you must accept some responsiblity for that by playing Busdrvr's game.
----------------
You know Rhino, you're right. Just because he brings up incidents at WN I should't do the same, its being childish. BTW, I wasn't talking about the 9/11 incidents of course. But let me end it on saying they have had more than their own share of terrible accidents, thats for sure.

Jetdoc, let's not go there. UAL has a superb safety record and runs a very safe operation. It's something any UAL employee can be proud of.

You're correct that this is becoming a Yahoo-level discussion, but you must accept some responsiblity for that by playing Busdrvr's game.

Latest posts