"southwest Effect" At Phl

From what I hear SWA is not holding back expansion plans in PHL. It looks like in Sept Delta will be moving to another terminal in PHL & SWA will be getting 4 more gates in the E Concourse. Also right now the 2 gates in the D Concourse are for terminators & originators, but within the month they will be used throughout the day. The airport is trying to work out an agreement where NWA takes over these D gates & SWA takes over NWA's gates in the E Concourse. As I said don't plan on SWA not to grow in PHL.

Whatnow? said:
You guys are hysterical.......NOTHING will change in Philly, not even under the presence of the "Golden Child Airline". The Airport is at overcapacity and US isn't going to back down much more than they already have, not even with a merger with HP. Again, welcome to Philly! It only gets better from here! :up:
[post="265007"][/post]​

Change is hard.

This company is savy and while I am sure PHL is great for the bottom line we don't need it to exist if it's disrupting the other stations. You can compare us to the "Golden Child Airline" like a child though, this airline has sharp teeth and will BITE. Just ask ELP.

Philly will comply just give them time.

I find it hard to believe Northwest and Delta will both move out of E. I can see Northwest moving from its 3 gates in E to 2 gates in D, but i just don't see Delta moving. They have 5 gates in E, of which comair midwest and Air France also use.