Speaking Of Bob Crandall ..........

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
OK, everybody, close your eyes, and just IMAGINE..........................

Uncle Bobby is still in charge, and he's "fed up", and wants to just fly INTL., and Transcons.

Keep in mind that he ALWAYS co-existed marvelously with "HERB"(WN) for years.
(But relations are "strained" now with our neighbors at Love field)

AA Amt's become AMFA, just like WN.
AA FSC's are twu, just like WN.

Uncle Bobby "Merges" with WN !!

WN keeps flying 95% of their routes
AA flies INTERNATIONAL, and a few select Transcons like JFK-LAX/SFO.

Net Result:

A/E sold for a "juicy" profit !

Wright ammendmemt BS "history" !!

DWF flies INTL, + a few select Transcons,------------ DAL flies domestic !!

ORD flies INTL., + a few select transcons,-------------MDW flies domestic !!

SJU, "status quo"

JFK flies INTL + Transcons,----------------------------LGA flies domestic

IAD flies INTL + a few Transcons---------------------DCA/BWI fly domestic

BOS flies INTL + a few Transcons------------MHT/PVD/BDL fly domestic.

MIA flies INTL + a few Transcons-------------FLL flies domestic

JET BLUE has a MASSIVE coronary and "croaks" !!!!

AA/WN continue with AA's One World !!

Only "chink" is blending the Pilots and F/A's

My friends, (in this Industry) "Stranger things have happened) !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Fly said:
If they wouldn't allow a merger of UA/US, there is NO WAY they'd allow this merger to happen.
[post="247859"][/post]​

Not so sure on that. Things change daily. Bear might have something there.

UA and US were losers. WN and maybe AA is a winning combination.

Yeah, I bet Southwest is just jumping at the chance to get a hold of AA's 18 billion in debt. Why in the world would they do this? The wouldn't.

Also, don't overrate Eagle's value, its worth about a billion dollars, so selling off the whole thing doesn't get you close to paying off AA's debt.

Wretched Wrench said:
Not so sure on that. Things change daily. Bear might have something there.

UA and US were losers. WN and maybe AA is a winning combination.
[post="247920"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wrench;

One thing you and I both know is that, if the Wright Ammendment is ever abolished, THE "POOP" WILL HIT THE "FAN" B I G T I M E ! ! ! !

NH/BB's

Finding Bobby Ewing alive in the shower and realizing that the past four years was just a dream is a lot more likely to happen....

As for Wright.... I think the impact from the demise of the Wright Amendment is quite over-estimated...

Former ModerAAtor said:
Finding Bobby Ewing alive in the shower and realizing that the past four years was just a dream is a lot more likely to happen....

As for Wright.... I think the impact from the demise of the Wright Amendment is quite over-estimated...
[post="248154"][/post]​
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"E"

Well as usual, only time will tell.

By the way, you were "DEAD ON ' right about the domestic mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

If SWA can start flying to the East and West coasts from Love Field then they WILL cut into AA's market share in the DFW area.This is a no brainer and business week magazine had a story about this very topic on yahoo airline news.

goingboeing said:
If SWA can start flying to the East and West coasts from Love Field then they WILL cut into AA's market share in the DFW area.This is a no brainer and business week magazine had a story about this very topic on yahoo airline news.
[post="248235"][/post]​
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"EXACTAMUNDO", goingboeing . !!!!

Which makes my "scenario" all the more believable(or a reasonable facsimily)

NH/BB's

AA cannot purchase WN. They do not have the purchasing power to do so, and the shareholders of WN would have everything to lose by agreeing to sell to AA.

Similarly, WN would have absolutely zero interest in purchasing any legacy carrier, period.

mweiss said:
AA cannot purchase WN. They do not have the purchasing power to do so, and the shareholders of WN would have everything to lose by agreeing to sell to AA.

Similarly, WN would have absolutely zero interest in purchasing any legacy carrier, period.
[post="248405"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Similarly WN would have zero intrest in purchasing any legacy carrier, period"

Michael,

Does WN CARE who their VALUABLE customers fly on, when they go to international destinations ??
("News Flash" mike, WN passengers DO go to international destinations)

IF the "WA" is ever overturned, what do you think will happen in the north texas area ?? (THE ANSWER TO "THIS" QUESTION, I ANXIOUSLY AWAIT) !!!!!!

???

NH/BB's

WN doesn't really care who their valuable customers fly on for international flights. It's the same reason they don't care where their valuable customers shop for groceries. WN passengers DO buy groceries. WN's not in either business, so they don't really care that much what their customers do with their spare time (defined as time not spent flying to destinations served by WN).

If Wright is overturned, WN will start flying to places like LAS, LAX, BWI, and MDW. It will have an effect on AA's prices, but not as significant an effect as if WN were flying out of DFW. Witness the fares out of ORD, which are not the same as the fares out of MDW.

mweiss said:
WN doesn't really care who their valuable customers fly on for international flights. It's the same reason they don't care where their valuable customers shop for groceries. WN passengers DO buy groceries. WN's not in either business, so they don't really care that much what their customers do with their spare time (defined as time not spent flying to destinations served by WN).

If Wright is overturned, WN will start flying to places like LAS, LAX, BWI, and MDW. It will have an effect on AA's prices, but not as significant an effect as if WN were flying out of DFW. Witness the fares out of ORD, which are not the same as the fares out of MDW.
[post="248463"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IF Wright is overturned, you'd have 2 "pro active" Giants who would be on a "head-on" crash course, of CATACLYSMIC proportion.

You know.......... The more I think of it, I don't think Wright will be overturned for the following reason.

Even without the "Smirking Chimp" in office, the Texas congressional delagation has always carried a LOT of political clout. I honestly believe that by NOT allowing "Wright" to be overturned, Texas politico's AVOID the very "horror scene" that I outlined above !!!!!!!!

???

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
IF Wright is overturned, you'd have 2 "pro active" Giants who would be on a "head-on" crash course, of CATACLYSMIC proportion.
[post="248470"][/post]​
Oh, puhleeze. :rolleyes: Just like the "head-on" crash course in Chicago? Remember Chicago, the other city with WN dominating the secondary airport in a city where AA runs a major hub?

No, it would not be cataclysmic by any stretch of the imagination. This is nothing like WN/HP in PHX/LAS.