Let's Pretend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but Economy Plus is a resounding success...so much so that it is being expanded to the CO sub fleet and will be retained. The difference between choice seats and E+ is that there is nothing different about a choice seat except for being in the front portion of the cabin.

That US is the only major carrier which even charges their highest level elites for choice seats makes them even less competitive in the marketplace, and has caused growing numbers of elites to at least consider moving away from US.

If ALL the majors were charging their best customers for such seats it would be one thing, but for US to distinguish itself in such a way is not a good thing for the marketing department or once loyal customers.

Reactions: 1 person
If they're the same price tier, then yes.

You would sign out of your laptop then sign in on your iPad.

And there is an app for GoGo.

I downloaded the GoGo app prior to my LAX-PHL flight 2 weeks ago, but I ended up not buying the wifi, because it was a Saturday. But it's good to know that you can toggle between devices.

My return was on p.s. out of JFK, so I just plugged in my laptop and used it the entire way back. Looking forward to testing out the app soon.

Yes but Economy Plus is a resounding success...so much so that it is being expanded to the CO sub fleet and will be retained. The difference between choice seats and E+ is that there is nothing different about a choice seat except for being in the front portion of the cabin.

CO's management (which took over UA) did a very careful study of the books after the merger closed before deciding to expand E+ to the CO fleet. UA also sells different tiered packages which include E+, free bags, priority security, and lounge access for less than the cost of buying each individual service.

US has no product comparable to E+, with the exception of exit row seating (on most aircraft). However, US can upsell what they do have, which is priority security, priority boarding, and day passes to the club. Still, with no E+, there is less room to play around with ancillary fees which actually provide a better travel experience. If the revenue from Choice Seats is any indication, I'm very surprised that US does not remove one row of seats from each mainline aircraft, add more legroom to the front of coach, and sell seats with more legroom.

I don't think we need powerports.. I agree that batter life is much better on new laptops... Power ports are just another reason for an airplane to catch fire.
at least if your laptop batter catches fire you can extinguish it.

You'll never see outlets installed on our aircraft. They're expensive to install, carry, and maintain. They've been nothing but a headache for VA.

WiFi. On the fence. Expensive to install and carry and it's not quite breaking even. Company is trying to get GoGo to assume more of the coats. If this happens you'll see WiFi retrofitted on all aircraft.

Are you nuts?

Gogo is charged by the logon, not the length of connection. That is the reason for no power-ports, aside from the fact that US MOC cannot handle mx for such. (much less mx about anything else, apparently) - the individual mechs are great, the mx in charge are idiots.

The biggest problem, in my experience, to users of internet access is the lack of room to deploy computing resources (as in, it is discouraging to think of launching a laptop when one's knees are up around one's ears). Were the company to rent, say, iPads, it could be a real moneymaker. Too bad we have idiots in tempe who could never think outside the box because the execs. only seem to feel comfortable with micromanagement. Bastards.

I am reminded of being number 25 for takeoff for RWY 25R in PHX. We asked for RWY 26 and got out well before some 23 others.

What do you think the problem is here? Pilots who have no self confidence being further dumbed down by idiots in management? Perhaps?

They were all taxiing with one engine. We were taxiing with two. Who do you think burned less fuel before takeoff?

Please close PHX. It is a destination, not a hub.

You are incorrect.

I spelled out the reason for no outlets.

End of story.

Wow. A freak.

You spelled out that US mx cannot handle a simple 115/5 volt supply, because they are too incompetent, the same incompetence that led to the FCO delay in June that resuled in an ad in the US Today.

That is not a "reason". That is an excuse for laziness. That is inexcusable.

Tempe incompetence, a standard for idiots, freaks and just lazy people. Richard craniums, all. Too bad there is no honor in tempe as there would be seppuku throughout the corporate headquarters starting with the DUI king.

Like I said, its more than MX.

Its costly to install and carry.

Batteries are now capable of taking a device transcon.

Calm down.

I don't think we need powerports.. I agree that batter life is much better on new laptops... Power ports are just another reason for an airplane to catch fire.
at least if your laptop batter catches fire you can extinguish it.
Make a note there baby seal clobber - one of your own agrees with me, not you.

Why can't US charge what WN charges for their wifi? Why not bring the price down where people will actually BUY it? Why would someone pay the same price for wifi on a PHL-TPA leg or hell even a PHL-ORD leg on a 321 as they do on a transcon? Work out a deal with GOGO to charge $5.00 and you'd see a hell of a lot more on their computers. Every other airline is lightyears ahead of US on wifi, entertainment and and even XM radio. Obviously customers buy US tickets but are many of them REPEAT customers? US does just enough to keep it going. They do NOTHING positive to push forward and take the lead over other carriers.

Why can't US charge what WN charges for their wifi? Why not bring the price down where people will actually BUY it? Why would someone pay the same price for wifi on a PHL-TPA leg or hell even a PHL-ORD leg on a 321 as they do on a transcon? Work out a deal with GOGO to charge $5.00 and you'd see a hell of a lot more on their computers. Every other airline is lightyears ahead of US on wifi, entertainment and and even XM radio. Obviously customers buy US tickets but are many of them REPEAT customers? US does just enough to keep it going. They do NOTHING positive to push forward and take the lead over other carriers.

You obviously do not work for the morons in tempe.

Were I in charge it would be DOH with conditions and restrictions as well as inviting new thinking, like you just did.

The tempe west seem to have real problems planning a one car funeral.

So you're saying US Airways should price it as a lead-loss.

Because that's what you're asking them to do.

You have to cover the recurring costs of that system.

Do you know why our FA's dual live safety demos? Because the players were pulled to save weight, which saves fuel, which saves money.

Why would you carry a system on board an aircraft that you lose money on?

You obviously do not work for the morons in tempe.

Were I in charge it would be DOH with conditions and restrictions as well as inviting new thinking, like you just did.

The tempe west seem to have real problems planning a one car funeral.
That why you're not in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.