Ste Mobile Aerospace , Strike-two !

When A/C maintenanced ferried from MSY-CLT on approach to CLT they had rudder problems after MAE "supposedly" fixed the airplane, it was grounded once again and the fine US Airways Mechanics spent 24 hours fixing the plane properly to get it back into revenue service.

Rumors are rumors....but the clocking of the drive splines was the issue...just as I conveyed before. If rumors had any degree of accuracy around here ?(especially PIT)...We would all have been in IND by now. :p :D

700UW said:
When A/C maintenanced ferried from MSY-CLT on approach to CLT they had rudder problems after MAE "supposedly" fixed the airplane, it was grounded once again and the fine US Airways Mechanics spent 24 hours fixing the plane properly to get it back into revenue service.
Are you sure about these statements? I have followed this a/c and its history and see nothing in the mach history or out of service times to confirm this?

Flight Safety informed us last night of what happened, the IAM has copies of all the log pages and we were told last night that the plane had rudder problem upon landing and it spent another 24 hours in CLT to be fixed.

PITMTC said:
Are you sure about these statements? I have followed this a/c and its history and see nothing in the mach history or out of service times to confirm this?
Do you really believe he will come back with a retraction and apology suddenly remembering his post includes false information? Or is it you're simply vexed?

Nah, but he reminds me entirely of the old LAVMAN.

Remember him. Same attitude and opinions.

If you don't believe it contact District Lodge 141M Flight Safety Rep, John Hall or AGC Tony G as this information was told the membership last night at the union meeting, during the Flight Safety report and the AGC report.

700UW said:
Flight Safety informed us last night of what happened, the IAM has copies of all the log pages and we were told last night that the plane had rudder problem upon landing and it spent another 24 hours in CLT to be fixed.
Better check your facts again. Look at the flight history of 707 and you will see there was now 24 hour grounding of the a/c. The airplane returned to CLT and flew a revenue flight within hours of it's arrival.

I will when I go back to work, I am going on what two flight safety reps and an AGC informed the IAM members last night.

700UW said:
I will when I go back to work, I am going on what two flight safety reps and an AGC informed the IAM members last night.
Hmmmmm! Not gonna say a word :)

cavalier said:
With the recent wave of mechanics hitting the streets in the next week or two in Pit, bringing the airbus in house would almost be a wash, only adding a few jobs.

Getting this crew to bring in 3rd party work is a joke because that is the very last thing they want. We have been trying to get 3rd party work in house way before the Dave and Jerry show made their debut and it's never happened. All that has happened is more work vanishes while the MRO's grow and grow with low wage employees. Welcome to the new corporate America where one needs an college degree to make ends meet and a PHD to get ahead, or you can be a Rush ditto head and have your own business while singing the republicans praises daily of I love you.
Here's where I get fed up with the IAM. Here is a perfect example as where you have management by the short ones. It has been said on here several times that the IAM has identified several areas where they can save the company several hundred million dollars. Why are you not shouting that from the rooftops? How come no one from the IAM hasn't beat that drum to the local medias in PIT, CLT, PHL, DCA, LGA, or BOS? That's a winning point right there if you in fact have those kind of cost cuts. If you get stuff like that out in the media someone, somewhere will pick it up and it will fly. The IAM is their own worst enemy when it comes to getting out the communications to media. If management won't talk to you about about your cost cut ideas take it public. Lay out the plan in the media. Sooner or later it'll make management look bad and they'll have to talk to you.

MrAeroMan said:
Here's where I get fed up with the IAM. Here is a perfect example as where you have management by the short ones. It has been said on here several times that the IAM has identified several areas where they can save the company several hundred million dollars. Why are you not shouting that from the rooftops? How come no one from the IAM hasn't beat that drum to the local medias in PIT, CLT, PHL, DCA, LGA, or BOS? That's a winning point right there if you in fact have those kind of cost cuts. If you get stuff like that out in the media someone, somewhere will pick it up and it will fly. The IAM is their own worst enemy when it comes to getting out the communications to media. If management won't talk to you about about your cost cut ideas take it public. Lay out the plan in the media. Sooner or later it'll make management look bad and they'll have to talk to you.

Once again MrAeroman, the IAM has never said they can save several hundred million dollars the dollar figure was 80 to 100 million dollars.

IAM Members Protest US Airways' Management Tactics

Members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today are conducting informational picketing at four US Airways airport terminals to protest the airline's treatment of its employees and passengers. Informational picketing is occurring in Boston, MA; Pittsburgh, PA; Philadelphia, PA; and Charlotte, NC. IAM members are asking US Airways customers to contact the airline's CEO, David Siegel, and urge him to focus on building the airline rather than forcing employees and loyal customers to pay for his mismanagement.

"The IAM has identified ways US Airways could save $80-100 million annually within the framework of our current collective bargaining agreements," said IAM General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr. "There is no logical reason why the airline would rather pick our members' pockets instead of their brains."

US Airways has violated its contract with the IAM by subcontracting maintenance of aircraft, blamed employee unions for management's failure to produce an effective business plan and threatened to sell off some of the carrier's most profitable assets, including its east coast shuttle operation, if employees don't agree to amend their labor contracts.

"US Airways' passengers, employees and shareholders deserve true leadership," said IAM District 141 President Randy Canale. "Management has failed miserably in generating a successful business plan that would unify employees and provide the superior product US Airways' customers expect and deserve."

"The airline is in crisis, and management is attacking employees to divert attention from their inability to run the airline," said IAM District 141-M President Scotty Ford. "A company that doesn't recognize that employees are their most important asset is headed for disaster."

Your facts dont seem to be in order tonight, I dont know where you live but in CLT it was on all four tv stations and in the Charlotte Observer.

MrAeroMan said:
cavalier said:
With the recent wave of mechanics hitting the streets in the next week or two in Pit, bringing the airbus in house would almost be a wash, only adding a few jobs.

Getting this crew to bring in 3rd party work is a joke because that is the very last thing they want. We have been trying to get 3rd party work in house way before the Dave and Jerry show made their debut and it's never happened. All that has happened is more work vanishes while the MRO's grow and grow with low wage employees. Welcome to the new corporate America where one needs an college degree to make ends meet and a PHD to get ahead, or you can be a Rush ditto head and have your own business while singing the republicans praises daily of I love you.
You sound like piney now.

But, maybe it would work, maybe not, personally I doubt it because who cares beside the employees? Someone working three jobs trying to survive doesn’t give a whit and would be crying, "join the crowd".

700UW said:
Trust me.....I know of what I speak. There was no 24 hour down time on A/C 707 and there has not been an issue with the airplane since it left MSY.

Latest posts