Steelers/ Panthers Theme Planes

You know, if PIT was worth all you say it is, someone else would have leaped on the opportunity to start an airline based there, or someone else would have moved in there with a mini hub.

Didn't happen.

Get over it.
Don't rule out Southwest! In fact I believe I read an article they were increasing there flying out of there. Anyone know that lives there? US better get with the program?!! :rolleyes:

yes being a ex pittsburgher this is a slap in the face to the city.sorry we feel you don't have o'd traffic as the people out west think ha.like charlotte has more.but here is a plane painted like you're beloved football team too smooth things over.Get lost dp and hid croonies you guts are clue less.

Why does PIT think that they have more O&D than CLT???? Well here are the numbers of enplaned PAX from the BTS: 12 months ending 4/07.

PIT All airlines ex US 6.77mil US 2.9mil ttl 9.76 mil

CLT All airlines ex US 13.28 mil US 15.34 mil thats including xfer, so give CLT at least 3 mil O&D that ttls to 16.28 mil.

Why does PIT think that they have more O&D than CLT???? Well here are the numbers of enplaned PAX from the BTS: 12 months ending 4/07.

PIT All airlines ex US 6.77mil US 2.9mil ttl 9.76 mil

CLT All airlines ex US 13.28 mil US 15.34 mil thats including xfer, so give CLT at least 3 mil O&D that ttls to 16.28 mil.

I don't know how they determine O&D, but wouldn't the number of enplaned passengers have a direct corelation to the number of flights offered? And since CLT has what, 4-5 times the number of flights than PIT, I would expect this number to be significantly higher.

Hopefully the Marketing Department will take advantage of WHAT these Theme planes represent in their respective markets. The STEELERS plane will undoubtedly make it on the Front Page of the local papers........and rightfully so. The STEELER Franchise is one of the most respected, successful and cultlike entities in sport. When I lived in PIT, Steelermania was everywhere and GAMEDAY was very SPECIAL. Win or lose The Steelers are their TEAM........no fair weather fans here. People that weren't very knowledgeable in sport DID KNOW about The Steelers, the history and their significance in The Community. This LOGO livery can take a BIG STEP in mending the WAYS of how the airline handled the PIT operation and dismantling of a hub right before the bewitching hour of Midnite several years ago. The PANTHER plane represents an opportunity to Get Onboard one of the newer franchises in the NFL that has seen quick success in an ever growing fanbase. Like I stated, HOPEFULLY THEY WILL NOT SQUANDER THE OPPORTUNITY.

I don't know how they determine O&D, but wouldn't the number of enplaned passengers have a direct corelation to the number of flights offered? And since CLT has what, 4-5 times the number of flights than PIT, I would expect this number to be significantly higher.

I would not think that number of flights would affect the pax numbers, look at the numbers excluding US...

:rolleyes: Blah....Blah...Blah....Talk about beating a dead horse! Anyway, are there any renderings of what the airplanes will look like? :up:

yes being a ex pittsburgher this is a slap in the face to the city.sorry we feel you don't have o'd traffic as the people out west think ha.like charlotte has more.but here is a plane painted like you're beloved football team too smooth things over.Get lost dp and hid croonies you guts are clue less.
Oh, sorry it took me so long to get to this. The PIT era is over. All center of the universe stuff is over. The complete lack of empathy over the last 15 years towards other cities has earned a response like the one you see here. Its over: be thankful they're painting a plane. If they weren't , PIT would be screaming "Where's OUR plane!" Sometimes complaining is simply a way of life to some.

Oh, sorry it took me so long to get to this. The PIT era is over. All center of the universe stuff is over. The complete lack of empathy over the last 15 years towards other cities has earned a response like the one you see here. Its over: be thankful they're painting a plane. If they weren't , PIT would be screaming "Where's OUR plane!" Sometimes complaining is simply a way of life to some.
Huh? But the PIT FA's welcomed the SFO and LAX FA's with open arms when their bases closed in the 90's! I heard stories of pot luck dinners, kumbaya by the campfire, etc..... :lol: