heritage planes starting to roll out

What's an America West heritage plane? Just a current plane with the name taken off and USAirways stuck on. It's hard to get too excited about that.
Ouch! such sacrilege....would hate to have that KoolAid drinking fool "Barbeetantrum" choke on his tongue with his latest diatribe. All I ask is Manage the airline.....Heritage Logo/Circle belongs in a scrapbook or maybe on a tatoo on someones rear end ;)

Ouch! such sacrilege....would hate to have that KoolAid drinking fool "Barbeetantrum" choke on his tongue with his latest diatribe. All I ask is Manage the airline.....Heritage Logo/Circle belongs in a scrapbook or maybe on a tatoo on someones rear end ;)
[/quote

I Agree

Time to kill the HERITAGE LOGO/CIRCLE......

Heritage Logo/Circle belongs in a scrapbook or maybe on a tatoo on someones rear end ;)

The Hertiage Circle is only good if the airline made you proud of where the airline is headed--sorry, Tempe, that ain't the case unless the toilet is where you want to be.

what a bunch of ungrateful sob's you people are. this heritage logo represents the history of our company. this was a very thoughtfull gesture on behalf of the company. you know for sure that the old management would have never approved of this. never!!i do not come from any of these airlines ,but i think it's a good step foward and a good sign that things are turning around here for the better. it's amazing how you guys manage to find something negative out something so positive.

I resent Barbeetantrums getting all the KoolAid accolades! You guys forget about me?! :huh: I thought the heritage logo was an extremely thoughtful gesture and most employees appreciate anyone let alone management taking sometime out of their day to make a thoughtful gesture. Living for money is not living. How bout manage the airline to be profitable AND raise employee morale. Anything wrong with that? ;)

Eric
(Affectionately Known as the KoolAid Drunk)

I resent Barbeetantrums getting all the KoolAid accolades! You guys forget about me?! :huh: I thought the heritage logo was an extremely thoughtful gesture and most employees appreciate anyone let alone management taking sometime out of their day to make a thoughtful gesture. Living for money is not living. How bout manage the airline to be profitable AND raise employee morale. Anything wrong with that? ;)

Eric
What does the heritage logo mean to you? were you involved in the heritage/ignore of US pass

Eric

AstroLounge resents the heritage circle as it only reminds him or her of its own questionable parentage.

What does the heritage logo mean to you? were you involved in the heritage/ignore of US pass
Did you/do you dismiss the heritage of the Boy Scouts or the Girl Scouts or the FFA or any number of other heritage based organizations........including unions? Did you/do you dismiss the heritage of your ancestry? Are you dismissing the heritage of America West Airlines as part of the NEW US AIRWAYS?? Just because you weren't personally involved in a part of something that has become something new, doesn't make you any less a part of it. Everyone brings their past involvement to this new heritage.

Actually, we have almost 1,000 employees in Winston.

But I agree that CLT is the place to unveil the plane. After all, GSO didn't want the hub when it was conceived. Charlotte bent over backwards for everything Piedmont and USAir(ways) ever asked of it.

And sorry to complain about this, but they should have painted one of the Boeing aircraft for PI. I can't help but wonder if using the Boeing typeface (font) on the tail (A-320) is going to get us sued. For those that don't know, PI placed the a/c type of all newer Boeing planes on the tail (see below)
951882.jpg

The "Pride of Piedmont" departing London for Charlotte in August 1987

Still love that silver belly. Makes me teary-eyed just looking at it. Sigh.
And not only should it be a boeing but a 767, we brought them into service it should fly on the 767.

And not only should it be a boeing but a 767, we brought them into service it should fly on the 767.
I would love to see the retro 767 in Piedmont colors. But the only prolblem is that the planes mostly are international service. It would confuse the Europeans even more if they saw that. I would love to see it on a 767. Why not do it on a 737-300 or 400. They'll be around for awhile. Allegheny and PSA retro will even be more awkward, No Md-80's no more or DC-9 or Bac 111's. How about painting a plane in the Carolina Panthers, and a plane in the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers colors. Since they have the Cardinals. Get a real pro team on there.

It amazes me that some of you get so teary eyed over some silly paint job....Heritage or not. Just flew the B767 (Pride of Amsterdamn ;) ) even drew attention to our "New colors" and the New USAirways......NOT O-N-E passenger commented, obviously NOT O-N-E cared about IT either. Flew Lead position and honey I can work that cabin.......LOVE to throw a party (even with the minimal provisions that I am given)and I am old school/ customer service oriented. That "Heritage" crap may give some of you WARM and Fuzzy feelings but for the average customer, they couldn't give a SH*T.<Give them an AIRLINE!>

Just flew on the brand new A319 AWA heritage plane - I know some may say big deal (luvn737s) but I have to tell you it was really something. After 21 years of getting on an America West plane - to get on a USAirways plane but one that honored my original airline was a really neat feeling. Some of the crew took pictures and when we landed there was quite a bit of activity of employees wanting to see the "new" plane. I'm sure you out east will get that feeling when all your heritage planes begin to make their rounds. Happy Flying!!
flyt, I agree with ya 100%
I can't wait for the Allegheny a/c
I still remember the first time I ever flew, I was 8,my family flew Allegheny from AVP to PIT. still remember the logo like it was yesterday!

It amazes me that some of you get so teary eyed over some silly paint job...
If it amazes you that employees get teary-eyed over it, would it amaze you even more that some pax get all fluffed up about it? :)

I flew the old PSA when I was just a wee one... the merger happened when I was three but I still have vivid memories of climbing the airstairs into smiling MD-80s parked at Burbank... heck, I still have some PSA kiddie wings :lol: who woulda thunk it that those colors would *ever* come back... I swear I'm going to book a seat on the first-ever flight of the PSA retrojet :D

Oh yeah, and I proudly wear a "Heritage" pin on my collar (sent to me by an HP res supervisor) whenever I fly US Airways, to show my support for the new airline and all its employees. Some of us do care.