heritage planes starting to roll out

The Allegheny should be painted on the B737. When Allegheny change its name to USAir, they also became the Launch Customer for the B737-300. Further more, the Piedmont Colors should be on the B737-400 as they were the Launch Customer for that B737 version.

The Allegheny should be painted on the B737. When Allegheny change its name to USAir, they also became the Launch Customer for the B737-300. Further more, the Piedmont Colors should be on the B737-400 as they were the Launch Customer for that B737 version.

I think you are "over thinking" this marketing image. If you really wanted to get down to the "nuts and bolt's of it, then show the Lake Central and Mohawk images too. Not!

Be satisfied you still seeing your beloved Piedmont colors fly through the air.

Lake, give it up. The only good thing coming from a HP/US merger, there is No Mirror Image. Uncle Ed knew not how to run a company, so he purchased the Competition. I hope DP takes the Best of ALL companies involved. And a question for you Lake, What is left of USAirs purchase of PSA? ? ? ? ?

There is really nothing left of the PSA/USAir merger from 1988.

In 1991 USAir vacated the former PSA route system except for LAX-SFO flown on mainline and a few commuter flights operated by Trans-States as USAir Express.

Ultimately,USAir vacated those markets as well. All that remained was transcon service from SEA,SFO,LAX,SAN,LAS,and PHX to USAirways PIT,PHL, and CLT hubs. These have also been trimmed to just a few flights per day.

All that remains are the small cadre of former PSA employees. And we are looking forward to seeing that PSA Retro-Jet in a West Coast city soon. Especially San Diego, birthplace of the original LCC, 6 MAY 1949!

Catch Our USAirways Smile!

:up: :up: Now that sounds like a good idea, most of the-300's and -400's that are left are staying for the long term (supposedly). Hey can one of you guys who is really good at writing your little letters send this idea to the company. Eventually the 737's will be making their way throughout the system. Didn't AL have 737-200's? I know the smiley jet had them (or at least a few) back when. By the way "yes" some of us are proud of that little heritage logo. We should've done this a long time ago.

I think you are "over thinking" this marketing image. If you really wanted to get down to the "nuts and bolt's of it, then show the Lake Central and Mohawk images too. Not!

Be satisfied you still seeing your beloved Piedmont colors fly through the air.
You may have touched on the Real reason I don't like "IT" Poorly thought out (other words half-a**ed)....WHAT ABOUT Lake Central/Mohawk/Trump Shuttle? There are still representatives working within the Company and yet THEY are not acknowledged. Making this little gimmicky little logo an INTERNAL corporate RahRah Feel Good tool is One Thing....splashing it across airplanes looks SILLY!

as silly as killer whales, state flags, sports teams, salmon, exotic dancers and on and on? It being an awesome idea is an understatement. This company has been so damn boring for years that some don't know how to act when the new US tries to liven things up a bit. :up:

Wasn't there a carrier name Empire that got gobbled up along the way?

003502.jpg

Empire F-28 4000, hybrid livery after Piedmont acquisition, 1986

Lake, give it up. The only good thing coming from a HP/US merger, there is No Mirror Image. Uncle Ed knew not how to run a company, so he purchased the Competition. I hope DP takes the Best of ALL companies involved. And a question for you Lake, What is left of USAirs purchase of PSA? ? ? ? ?

I think you have totally mis-characterized my comments. My comments were in response to matching paint schemes to specific airplane models.

So what's with the political stuff? I didn't even bring up Ed Coldny.

Anyway, the premise of matching color schemes with specific aircraft models is mis-guided because the fleet will probably be all Airbus.

I think you have totally mis-characterized my comments. My comments were in response to matching paint schemes to specific airplane models.

So what's with the political stuff? I didn't even bring up Ed Coldny.

Anyway, the premise of matching color schemes with specific aircraft models is mis-guided because the fleet will probably be all Airbus.

More likely: All Embraer.