Stuff going on in this company..

Well.. I was only stating small examples...You may ask what's the big deal...you don't work for the department.. sure, your workgroup goes through their own problems.

You're right. I don't work for Vacations. Most of my former workgroup lost their jobs because of the merger. For many of them, still, their "own problems" are figuring out how to pay their bills without steady income, not whether they have workspaces. Me, personally, I hung on with the company, but my commute went from 10 miles roundtrip to 172 miles roundtrip and my salary decreased by $45,000/year...that is until I left the company in 2007.

Get my point? Be thankful for the locker. It comes with a paycheck, health insurance and a termpass.

Well.. I was only stating small examples. I could list more but there's no reason to.. ya know? Little things add up..
Losses:

* Covered Parking space
* Our own entrance
* Our own desk / workstation
* Our own area to keep our work items. Yes I kept brochures / work documents in my LOCKED drawer.
* Travel expense
* Sense of NOT being "Res".. we are being turned into Res.

You may ask what's the big deal.. you don't work for the department.. sure, your workgroup goes through their own problems. Our management turning us more and more into Res just really.. I don't know.. stinks. No offense to Res, but what freedoms do you enjoy? Here's what we'll GAIN at Res center:

* Camera scrutiny
* Lockers
* Parking (I WORK 1:30pm shift..) that will be nonexistant!
* Smaller breakroom (hah, like I really care about the breakroom..)

OH, and is it true Res building has all sorts of problems?
FLIGHT Crew losses:
pay
vacation
sick pay (30% pay cut if you call in sick more than once in a year while 100% is deducted from bank)
pension
in some cases their home domicile (Pit, SFO, LAX, SAN, SYR)

Gain
TSA
crash pads
hotels
non reving on the competition (thank you SWA) to get to work
nasty Philly break room (btw...is the new one ever going to be finished).
More time away from our families

Would anyone like to add to this?
Feel Free.

I suppose I could come with a few "little things" that have affected a some work groups in the East. I can't speak for things in the West. Keep in mind, too, that all employees are not necessarily given the option of displacement or furlough in these situations. Some, particularly low-ranking management or non-union hourly, are just "severed," which is double-talk for "terminated."

INT - Maintenance, Revenue Accounting, Consumer Affairs, TH Davis Training Center, etc. GONE.
PIT - RES, Customer Service Systems, Training, The whole frickin' hub, countless other departments GONE
BWI - Hub GONE
SYR - RES GONE
UCA - RES GONE
DAY - RES GONE
TPA - Heavy Maintenance GONE
IAD - RES GONE
MCO - RES GONE
IND - RES GONE
SAN - RES GONE
RNO - RES GONE (old PS/AL)
CCY - GONE
GSO - Heavy Maintenance GONE

I'm sure I missed quite a few.

Well.. I was only stating small examples. I could list more but there's no reason to.. ya know? Little things add up.. sorry if you're used to your way, but there are things that are the "norm" for some of us. I've given up a lot by working at US Airways.. pay, my own office, trust and respect from my boss.. I worked for a supervisor that selectively decided each day who he'd harrass. NO JOKE.

The people at Vacations have had it good for so long, the times have changed. The current manager is a disgrace to the company and should have stayed where he came from. The three previous managers were SO much better but they have both left to make more money and be happy.
The current director in reservations is also in WAY over her head. She couldn't handle Vacations when she was there before, what makes anyone think she can handle it again?
This company needs to merge with UA to put itself out of its mysery!

All I can say is WOW! :shock: I can't believe that this topic is even being discussed.

B) Yet, we are all still---------------------->
well.. get over it? Some of us have concerns that bother us? on behalf of a call center without a voice, I say go back to the wretched hall you came from.

OK,

This needs to stop now. Fly4Free, your response was inappropriate.

Keep on topic and DO NOT insult other posters.

One more personal remark and this thread is closed and the offending poster gets a week off.

OK,

This needs to stop now. Fly4Free, your response was inappropriate.

Keep on topic and DO NOT insult other posters.

One more personal remark and this thread is closed and the offending poster gets a week off.
You should just close it anyway. Obv people here don't have an ounce of respect for other people.

Will someone educate me. Where are the Reservation centers now and how busy are they? I thought we still had a big Res Center in Reno , NV...If we merge with United where are their Res Centers?

Will someone educate me. Where are the Reservation centers now and how busy are they? I thought we still had a big Res Center in Reno , NV...If we merge with United where are their Res Centers?
US Airways: (AFAIK)

* Reno (small center)
* Phoenix Hardy (primary center)
* Phoenix 52S (vacations)
* Mexico (I think they lost/losing contract)
* Manilla (same as above.)

United..

The only thing I know so far about united (sure the "true" res people here would know) is that United outsources it's vacations department to Mark Travel.

Winston-Salem, NC. San Salvador. Some issues are done in MIA as well with outsourcing, but I think thats just DM items? I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Mexico City was supposed to be gone in April, but not sure of their status. 2 offices in MNL.

I believe UA has an office in India somewhere. Not sure where there are any in the US.

Winston-Salem, NC. San Salvador. Some issues are done in MIA as well with outsourcing, but I think thats just DM items? I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Mexico City was supposed to be gone in April, but not sure of their status. 2 offices in MNL.

I believe UA has an office in India somewhere. Not sure where there are any in the US.

UA has an Hawaii REZ Center...Talk about high overhead costs ;)

UA has an Hawaii REZ Center...Talk about high overhead costs ;)

UA also has a call center right here beside the airport in Chicago... I believe it is a regular call center as well as for "Dividend Miles" or whatever they call it.

I have a couple friends who work there.

:ph34r: