Summer 10 Schedule

I sat in on two event meetings and we were told that US is planning on approx 710 flts a day out of CLT as soon as 18R goes CAT III, this was confirmed by a manager from US also....but he explained it as putting 5 pounds of poop in a two pound bag...

US would have to add like 150 flights to reach the 710 mark or so.

Is there any truth to this rumor other than this one post?

There aren't enough gates to add that many flights without adding banks of flights. It's doable, but would probably require taking less time for each bank of flights than is currently allotted so not easily accomplished. In other words, as the post you quoted said, it's putting 10 lbs in a 5 lb sack.

Jim

There aren't enough gates to add that many flights without adding banks of flights. It's doable, but would probably require taking less time for each bank of flights than is currently allotted so not easily accomplished. In other words, as the post you quoted said, it's putting 10 lbs in a 5 lb sack.

Jim

Oh yes, I realize that :) I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor of having an expansion at Charlotte. Not whether it was possible to add that many flights.

US would have to add like 150 flights to reach the 710 mark or so.

They were planning to move a number of the LGA based dash-8s to CLT, that would account for a healthy number of the increased flights.

They were planning to move a number of the LGA based dash-8s to CLT, that would account for a healthy number of the increased flights.

Dash 8's, huh? I suppose I can agree with your assessment of "healthy" number, but only if I acknowledge your screen name, too!

The LAST thing CLT needs is to dump a "healthy" number of props into that operation. The Dash 8 is a marvelous airplane for the mission for which it was designed, but it should be the exception rather than the rule. Just because the Kettles want the luxury of hourly service to the real world from Fayetteville and New Bern does not mean we need to gum up the operation in CLT to provide it.

How about a couple of erj-170 flights from hvn to clt.The airport has added overruns and cleared the approachs at both ends of the main runway.New haven is the most underserved airport in the country.Hvn needs clt flights added to the phl flights as clt offers many southern cities that phl does not.

How about a couple of erj-170 flights from hvn to clt.The airport has added overruns and cleared the approachs at both ends of the main runway.New haven is the most underserved airport in the country.Hvn needs clt flights added to the phl flights as clt offers many southern cities that phl does not.
I am assuming the overun you are talking about is the "emas" that was put in on 18L, that was mandated due to the inadequate runway safety area, and the railroad tracks, the clearing may be the result of the relocation of West Blvd.....

I am assuming the overun you are talking about is the "emas" that was put in on 18L, that was mandated due to the inadequate runway safety area, and the railroad tracks, the clearing may be the result of the relocation of West Blvd.....

I think you are refering to another airport,hvn main runway is 2-20 and the overruns are gravel,no emas here.

Back