Surprise! The issues are "old news!"

DrBeth

Senior
Feb 6, 2007
TRI
www.linkedin.com
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/b...irways0619.html

Excerpts:

Of eight major airlines, the Tempe-based carrier ranked sixth, one behind last year, in the J.D. Power and Associates North American Airline Satisfaction Study.

J.D. Power surveyed passengers between April 2006 and April 2007, within 30 days of taking a flight on an airline with more than $1 billion in yearly revenue.

US Airways spokeswoman Andrea Rader said the timing of the survey doesn't take into account challenges from ice storms at the airline's Northeast and mid-Atlantic hubs in February and March, nor a reservation system upgrade.

"So in a lot of ways, this is old news," Rader said. "We've made significant investments enhancing the reservations system. We're in the middle of hiring more than 1,000 customer service and fleet employees. We're focusing on on-time performance, and our performance improves every day."

JetBlue Airways, despite severe weather delays during the study's reporting period, ranked first in satisfaction among low-cost carriers.

Ah, last I checked, the res migration meltdown occurred in March 2007 which is between April 2006 and April 2007. Is forgetting chronological order another Koolaid side effect?

US Airways spokeswoman Andrea Rader said the timing of the survey doesn't take into account challenges from ice storms at the airline's Northeast and mid-Atlantic hubs in February and March, nor a reservation system upgrade. :lol: :rolleyes: :shock:

"upgrade"? Mind boggling. Even from a PR person.

JetBlue Airways, despite severe weather delays during the study's reporting period, ranked first in satisfaction among low-cost carriers.

sky high states: Uh, yeahhh. They're writing CHECKS for weather delays. (vouchers) I wonder if they can sustain that policy? Furthermore, anyone who has flown recently in the Northeast, has incurred major weather delays. I got home at 4am the other day. Ground stops at PHL, DCA, EWR, LGA and JFK.

Only stating opinions

sky high states: Uh, yeahhh. They're writing CHECKS for weather delays. (vouchers) I wonder if they can sustain that policy? Furthermore, anyone who has flown recently in the Northeast, has incurred major weather delays. I got home at 4am the other day. Ground stops at PHL, DCA, EWR, LGA and JFK.

Only stating opinions

I'm not sure if you are criticizing them for writing checks "for weather delays." But, the reason they are writing checks is not because of the weather but rather the way that they have been handling weather situations. Sitting in an airport for 16 hours because of the inaccurate information provided by the airline, poor customer service, inadequate staffing, and then losing a bag for over a week that never left the airport is unacceptable.

I'm not sure if you are criticizing them for writing checks "for weather delays." But, the reason they are writing checks is not because of the weather but rather the way that they have been handling weather situations. Sitting in an airport for 16 hours because of the inaccurate information provided by the airline, poor customer service, inadequate staffing, and then losing a bag for over a week that never left the airport is unacceptable.

sky high states: the reason they are writing checks is the following: http://www.jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/pr...se20070219&

ONBOARD GROUND DELAYS
For customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay for more than 5 hours, JetBlue will take necessary action so that customers may deplane. JetBlue will also provide customers experiencing an onboard Ground Delay with food and drink, access to restrooms and, as necessary, medical treatment.

Arrivals:
Customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay on Arrival for 30-59 minutes after scheduled arrival time are entitled to a $25 Voucher good for future travel on JetBlue.
Customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay on Arrival for 1-1:59 hours after scheduled arrival time are entitled to a $100 Voucher good for future travel on JetBlue.
Customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay on Arrival for 2-2:59 hours after scheduled arrival time are entitled to a Voucher good for future travel on JetBlue in the amount paid by the customer for the oneway trip, or $100, whichever is greater.
Customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay on Arrival for 3 or more hours after scheduled arrival time are entitled to a Voucher good for future travel on JetBlue in the amount paid by the customer for the roundtrip (or the oneway trip, doubled).
Departures:
Customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay on Departure for 3-3:59 hours are entitled to a $100 Voucher good for future travel on JetBlue.
Customers who experience an onboard Ground Delay on Departure for 4 or more hours are entitled to a Voucher good for future travel on JetBlue in the amount paid by the customer for the roundtrip.

only stating opinions

Perhaps that was just a funny "quote" from Baghdad Bob, not a remark aimed at anyone else on these boards--could that be?