Sw Ceo Discusses U/awa Merger

If HP can tie up all of US's gates in PHL, Kelly's smug smile will quickly vanish.

The gate leases in PHL expire in June, 2006, so things will get interesting there in about 14 months. To quote PHL's Airport Competition Plan as of August 31, 2000, "The Airport now provides aircraft parking positions and associated terminal facilities (gates) to accommodate 65 airline aircraft. Of these, 51 are leased for the exclusive use of airlines that are signatory to a 1974 Airport use and lease agreement that extends to June 2006, 8 are leased on a preferential-use basis, and 6 are available for common use."

I think that's part of why WN decided to go into PHL -- they knew that more gates would become available within a couple of years.

luvn737s said:
If HP can tie up all of US's gates in PHL, Kelly's smug smile will quickly vanish.
[post="265484"][/post]​
you better beleive it. i hope this merger does go through,so that us and hp could shut wn up. cocky ass sob's. their time will come. it all comes around full circle. :angry:

etops1 said:
you better beleive it. i hope this merger does go through,so that us and hp could shut wn up. cocky ass sob's. their time will come. it all comes around full circle. :angry:
[post="265553"][/post]​

You wouldn't have issues, would you?

etops1 said:
[post="265553"][/post]​
I agree, but see WN more like the worn-out football once-great who keeps patronizing everyone else in the league. Their knees are shot, but they still got a good head of hair for TV. And the endorsement money makes them millionaires.

luvn737s said:
I agree, but see WN more like the worn-out football once-great who keeps patronizing everyone else in the league. Their knees are shot, but they still got a good head of hair for TV. And the endorsement money makes them millionaires.
[post="265576"][/post]​

And the legacies are what....the Ryan Leaf's - where you proved yourself early on, so once you hit the big leagues you can kick back, relax, and blame your problems on the media?

luvn737s said:
[post="265576"][/post]​
So your calling us the Howie Long of airlines?

luvn737s said:
[post="265576"][/post]​

What are you talking about? Terry doesn't have ANY hair!!

luvn737s said:
[post="265484"][/post]​

There is NO WAY SWA will allow this to happen. I've already heard SWA is hitting the halls of Congress to head this off.

:blink:

KCFlyer said:
You wouldn't have issues, would you?
[post="265556"][/post]​

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? We all have issues with a company trying to run US Airways out of business. They've been able to push around US Airways for years because our management just blows. That being said, every dog has their day. The leftover employees certainly deserve that much.

Winglet said:
Maybe SW will just wait for U and HP to carry out their mutual corporate suicide pact.
[post="265598"][/post]​
What's the airline that goes head to head with WN in almost every WN market yet also has the breadth to serve both Canada, Mexico and Central America AND makes a profit doing it? That's right, HP.

They don't fit the suicide note M.O.

skyflyr69 said:
There is NO WAY SWA will allow this to happen. I've already heard SWA is hitting the halls of Congress to head this off.
:blink:
[post="265595"][/post]​
What percentage of their congressional bribes are they hedged?