TWU allows 41% Outsource of Maintenance

yawn...............

RV4
Total Posts: 1,363
Last Post: 6/30/2003
Member #91

Lets see, as of right now you're at 4.20679012345679 posts per day and increasing...

I see the trend....

----------------
On 6/30/2003 7:06:07 PM AAviator wrote:

yawn...............

RV4
Total Posts: 1,363
Last Post: 6/30/2003
Member #91
Lets see, as of right now you''re at 4.20679012345679 posts per day and increasing...

I see the trend....

----------------​
Yep, and you''re reading every one of them!

Can you address the topic? Or is that also outside of your capabilities?

Data from "The Newfoundland Group".

Fleet Sizes:

Given that Northwest Airlines has a Fleet that equals only 65% the size of American Airlines. And given the 41% Outsource of work. It does indeed appear that the TWU allows far more work to be outsourced than AMFA at Northwest.

Combined with the fact that AA Mechanics also took a 17.5% Paycut, Lost 5 Days Vacation, Lost 5 Paid Holidays, Have a sub-standard payrate for shop mechanics, has lower starting pay, has longer progression to top pay, has no license premium for shop mechanics, watched 1371 mechanics lose job security...

TWU = COMPANY UNION

Note that NWA also has nearly 2 (Two) Pilots less per aircraft than AA?

Keep on trying. Maybe you''ll convince someone. Please show me where are planes are being overhauled at. I''d like to find this SECRET overhaul center AA''s planes are being flown to. Maybe its that secret base in Nevada. ALL HEAVY CHECKS AT AA ARE DONE IN HOUSE!!

----------------
On 6/30/2003 9:33:27 PM AAmech wrote:

Keep on trying. Maybe you'll convince someone. Please show me where are planes are being overhauled at. I'd like to find this SECRET overhaul center AA's planes are being flown to. Maybe its that secret base in Nevada. ALL HEAVY CHECKS AT AA ARE DONE IN HOUSE!!

----------------​
By the lowest average compensated mechanics in the industry.

It is called "Farming Out In House"

----------------
On 6/30/2003 11:05:49 PM wts54 wrote:

ALL HEAVY CHECKS AT AA ARE DONE IN HOUSE!!

For now

----------------​
Q: How many parts does a CF6-80C2A5 have?
A: I''ll guess about 1000 or more counting all the blades and vanes and various components.
Q: How many parts of a CF6-80C2A5 does AA overhaul in house?
A: 3. Inlet, Transfer, and Accessory Gearbox. The rest goes out the door and some to Singapore.

Ever look at ESO80202? Pink pages upon pink pages filled with approved vendors for repairs of JT8-217 components. Out the door it goes.
Don''t fool yourself. AA farms out tons of work.

----------------

For now

----------------​
The Reno acceptance checks were done at AAR in OKC. What else is being done there?

----------------
On 6/30/2003 5:32:42 PM RV4 wrote:

After all the rhetoric dished out by the TWU loyalist about outsourced work by AMFA at Northwest, the USA Today reporter Marilyn Adams exposes a whopping 41% outsource by the TWU and American Airlines.

Check the screen capture from USA today:

Or go to the link of USA Todays' full story:

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2003-06-29-maintenance_x.htm"]http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/20...intenance_x.htm[/URL]

----------------​

Geez, Alaska and AWA are over 3/4 farmed out?

I thought NWA was capped at 38%? Are her numbers wrong?

While the chart does show AA with a lower percentage of outsourcing than most, the #''s are clearly wacky! How in the world does she come up with 41%? AA outsources compnents ONLY! I could see if we were sending out the entire plane but her #''s make no sense whatsoever. Same with USairways. They also do most everything in-house except for engine overhaul with is 100% outsouced. She gives them a 50%.

----------------

For now

----------------​
Agreed. Unfortunatly the writing is on the wall. With CO leading the pack in outsourcing, NW and UAL trying to catch up, the pressure is on AA to match. Its a race to the bottom. No matter what package the different cities come up with none can match the price savings of using these Sweat Shop Repair Stations.