Swa Announces Codeshare Cities

wnfan37 said:
ALOHA, HNL !!
:up:
[post="238876"][/post]​

(sigh) If only one could redeem Rapid Rewards tickets to go there. Heck, even if they made you give up two of them for an HNL trip.
But I guess they're smart not to....
:(

I was really surprised not to see DFW. I guess SWA really wants that damn Wright Amendent repealed. I look for ATA and SWA to evolve the codesharing to eventually cover even more flights and cities. Just my thoughts.......

Just one part of the plan to dominate the entire domestic airline system. We can soon say good-bye and good riddance to all of the dinosaur legacy carriers. :p :p

Was it the DOT or Southwest that decided not to include DFW as a codeshare?

JS said:
Was it the DOT or Southwest that decided not to include DFW as a codeshare?
[post="239274"][/post]​

Southwest. From the Dallas Morning News:

But Southwest deliberately excluded ATA routes from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport from the deal because it's resolved to lift flight restrictions at its home airport, Dallas Love Field.

"We don't want to confuse the need to change the Wright amendment in any way," Southwest chief executive Gary Kelly said in a conference call with reporters Thursday.

"We want to grow our presence in Dallas, and we want to grow at Love Field exclusively," he said.

coolflyingfool said:
I was really surprised not to see DFW. I guess SWA really wants that damn Wright Amendent repealed. I look for ATA and SWA to evolve the codesharing to eventually cover even more flights and cities. Just my thoughts.......
[post="239114"][/post]​

I agree. For instance, HNL is on the list but OGG is not.
Odd.

mga707 said:
I agree.  For instance, HNL is on the list but OGG is not. 
Odd.
[post="239327"][/post]​

Actually mga, all of the code share service is "daily" service, from MDW only, where OGG is merely on Mondays and Saturdays (according to the Jan flight schedule). Actually, OGG doesn't enjoy "daily" service to anywhere.

This actually creates the question of where the second HNL is coming from, as the only one listed is via SEA. I'm guessing SFO.

Disclaimer: Hard to tell from the ATA website, which isn't listing the Feb. schedule yet. It's supposed to be out on Sunday, the 16th, as is SWA's update.

swflyer said:
This actually creates the question of where the second HNL is coming from, as the only one listed is via SEA. I'm guessing SFO.

Doesn't TZ still have a MDW-PHX-HNL flight? That could be it, since they obviously wouldn't show the MDW-PHX portion as that is already a big WN route.

mga707 said:
Doesn't TZ still have a MDW-PHX-HNL flight? That could be it, since they obviously wouldn't show the MDW-PHX portion as that is already a big WN route.
[post="239988"][/post]​

mga,

After extensive and exhaustive searching :D , I found them both going via SFO.

I have no life :rolleyes:

swflyer said:
mga,

After extensive and exhaustive searching :D , I found them both going via SFO.

I have no life :rolleyes:
[post="240258"][/post]​

I'll see your no life and raise you--I sat down with the new timetable and ranked the airports by the number of daily departures...
:unsure:

mga707 said:
Doesn't TZ still have a MDW-PHX-HNL flight?

Answering my own query, I see from the latest post on the WN/TZ thread that TZ's MDW-PHX service is kaput. IND-PHX (and probably PHX-HNL?) continues.

Back