TAESL closing January 31

Allegedly written by a malcontent that slid into a job in TAESL making hardware kits when the hanger shut down. Higher seniority guys weren't given the hardware hub as a choice but this guy somehow got in and was content to be a professional nut sorter.
The letter was well written and makes some good points but it's hard to feel sorry for the guy if it was written by the person rumored to have written it.

Reactions: 1 person
liltyke said:
Buyout was $22500 plus normal 13 week severance payment, plus money for vacation and sick bank. I also heard that 82 people took it. Last guy to get an amt position at DWH was 135 on the list, last guy to get an amto was 177. Quite a few heading to MIA and TUL. That is all 'hand me down' info from someone who had a buddy on the e-board.

Found info where there is no openings in MIA or TUL, on 591 website under reduction jan 2016

liltyke said:
Buyout was $22500 plus normal 13 week severance payment, plus money for vacation and sick bank. I also heard that 82 people took it. Last guy to get an amt position at DWH was 135 on the list, last guy to get an amto was 177. Quite a few heading to MIA and TUL. That is all 'hand me down' info from someone who had a buddy on the e-board.
WOW !!  That buyout is sweet !!  I've never seen anything so nice.

If this cheap ass company of mine (US) would ever offer anything remotely close to that buyout, I bet we would clear out some of the 68 to 75 year olds anyways !!

The buyout is the same as in our legacy US IAM M&R contract. You just have to be at a station that is having a RIF and volunteer for the package.

bigjets said:

Found info where there is no openings in MIA or TUL, on 591 website under reduction jan 2016
Well I for one was awarded TUL as are some people I have talked too, and I have personally talked to 4 that were awarded MIA.

bigjets said:
There were mechanics exposed at MIA because of their seniority. The positions at Tulsa were OSM positions also exposed because of their seniority. No "openings" but lower seniorty spots to bump in to.

As I understand it, if you dont like the city you were able to hold, you will now have another chance at the early out.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts