TAESL management trying to get tough

The Dissident

Senior
Contributor
Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
It was discovered yesterday that Taesl management has issued a directive that there will be no overtime in the building this weekend to punish the employees for not actively participating and rejoycing in the removal of the 4/10 schedule. Sounds good to me since I could use a weekend off. Wish I could be there though when managemnt has to tell UPS there engines are not going to be on time and have to pay a 5k per day penalty. Every couple of years we have to go through this. When will management just come to the realizaton that if we are treated properly we have no problem and will gladly produce for them. I remember when con man Romano tried this stunt last year by cutting out the OT because he felt we were working way too much. Two weeks later it was "We really didnt mean it, we were misunderstood. We didnt want you guys to get burned out thats all" then then spicket was turned on full again with unlimited ot until we got caught up. First you have the instances of unlawful self help with the dress code and now TAESL management has turned to turning off the overtime. Cant wait until stuff really gets back up next week. Remember, we can function without management, but the plant cannot function without us. Work Safe and dont forget to check tha manual.

It's comical that, as you point out, someone in the Grand Management Lodge decides to reinvent the wheel for the upteenth (plus one more) time.

It never ceases to amaze everyone the stupidity the is AMR management and how every few years tactics that have proven unworkable are tried again with the blessings of someone that accomplishes nothing but wasting time.

The scary part is that these thoughts, if one cares to characterize this brand of stupidity in that way, are not confined to AMR Corp. or even the airline industry - this is evidently what USA colleges are churning out of their business schools - total idiots.

At the rate we're going, the Chinese ought to own the USA in about 20 years - not what I'd like to see at all but there is an upside to that; at least when they catch a businessman/woman with their hands in the till the bastards are executed.

Let's not forget about the new c/s policy coming down from Greg Young and Blair Greg. Only 2 per month unless you have approval from HR. Cedric made the comment that he didn't care if a mechanic was a single parent,that was the parents problem. The parent would get only two a month and that the mechanic agreed with all company policies when he hired on with american. I guess he didn't seem to understand that things could change after 10 or 20 years of employment such as marriage or having a child or two. He also stated that there was child care at night in Dallas. Yea that sounds like a great idea,let's all drive to Dallas from Fort Worth at 11:00 PM. It's nice to see that american cares so much about their employees and their famlies. I guess one person out there will get all the c/s's they want considering his wife works in HR.

CS isn't contractual, so it is subject to change without notice or a need to consult the union.

That said, limiting to two per month seems a little draconian. In Fleet and with the agents, we used to require the ee to work 50% of their hours. I forget who, but someone in upper management wanted to change that to 50% of their bid line, so that there wouldn't be any problems with a senior guy bidding weekends off, and then turning around and doing a permanent CS with a junior employee for cash...

Likewise on 4/10's. It's an option, but it's not guaranteed. After we got rid of 4/10's at the new company, sick time usage somehow also fell for some strange reason.... Three days off wasn't enough -- people wanted the fourth off with pay...

I find it funny but managements excuse for shutting down the whole Taesl building this weekend was that the test cell was not working and we were sooo backed up they decided to forego ot. I went and asked the guys in the test cell to see if they were even proffered. NOPE!! I think something neferious is going on like mgt going around with a wifi detector and looking for hot spots and installing cameras and checking out tool boxes to make sure they are not too tall. Cant wait til the fun starts on Monday. :shock:

Let's not forget about the new c/s policy coming down from Greg Young and Blair Greg. Only 2 per month unless you have approval from HR. Cedric made the comment that he didn't care if a mechanic was a single parent,that was the parents problem. The parent would get only two a month and that the mechanic agreed with all company policies when he hired on with american. I guess he didn't seem to understand that things could change after 10 or 20 years of employment such as marriage or having a child or two. He also stated that there was child care at night in Dallas. Yea that sounds like a great idea,let's all drive to Dallas from Fort Worth at 11:00 PM. It's nice to see that american cares so much about their employees and their famlies. I guess one person out there will get all the c/s's they want considering his wife works in HR.

Document a work related Injury(If of COURSE you have one)(muscle pull/strain), then go to your OWN doctor.
Wait about a week or two, then report a aggravation of the "event"(If of COURSE you have one), then get back to your doctor.
If your "tight" with your Doc, he'll mark your form..NO Duty for a week, then you can take care of you spouse and new child, or sick child(and OF COURSE yourself), then go back to work.
Always have witnesses, and always keep copies of EVERYTHING !

This is after all, EXACTLY why Every company wants you to report EVERYTHING, no matter how small.
Always remember to Follow the company Rules !!

Make sure you slip the doc a $20 for his troubles...

And also make sure you stay inside, and aren't seen carrying a bag of groceries, your kid's baby carrier, or anything else over 20 lbs, because of course, if you injured your back, the doctor's orders would surely say "no lifting"....

AA's been known to send out a PI or two with video cameras. They've also gotten supervisors and admins in the lost time office to do it.

If taking care of a "sick" kid is the need, you'd have better luck signing up for family leave. That's what it is intended for.

CS isn't contractual, so it is subject to change without notice or a need to consult the union.

That said, limiting to two per month seems a little draconian. In Fleet and with the agents, we used to require the ee to work 50% of their hours. I forget who, but someone in upper management wanted to change that to 50% of their bid line, so that there wouldn't be any problems with a senior guy bidding weekends off, and then turning around and doing a permanent CS with a junior employee for cash...

Likewise on 4/10's. It's an option, but it's not guaranteed. After we got rid of 4/10's at the new company, sick time usage somehow also fell for some strange reason.... Three days off wasn't enough -- people wanted the fourth off with pay...

Along with being a bit draconian it's kind of stupid. The only reason I can come up with for it is retaliation. Yes I know the CS policy is not contractual. However it seems that it's to managements benefit to have it around. Keeps people happy and makes it less likely someone will burn a sick day.

Regarding the 4/10's I take it the new company is not an airline. From what I have seen there has not to be too much of a problem people using a sick day to turn three days into four. Does it happen occasionally, probably. Just like it's probable that someone will burn a sick day to make two days off into three.

Update, I was informed today buy some people that were working ot on the base, not in Taesl, and were asked to check on the building in our absence that there were people going around with some sort of detector and alot of activity by people who were wearing aa badges but they were not from AFW. :ph34r: Looks like the game is up management we are on to you!! Wait til you see what an upset workforce is going to do for you now. :angry:

Document a work related Injury(If of COURSE you have one)(muscle pull/strain), then go to your OWN doctor.
Wait about a week or two, then report a aggravation of the "event"(If of COURSE you have one), then get back to your doctor.
If your "tight" with your Doc, he'll mark your form..NO Duty for a week, then you can take care of you spouse and new child, or sick child(and OF COURSE yourself), then go back to work.

This is after all, EXACTLY why Every company wants you to report EVERYTHING, no matter how small.

Tough guy- just give it a try.......you never know what is going on that you can not see!!!!

JMHO, You Suck! :angry:

It is individuals like 'YOU' that give 'honest' hard working Union members a bad rap. :down:

And it is not bad enough that you ‘game the system’, commit fraud, and steal from the company; you then make you fellow Union Brothers complicit by telling everyone how ‘YOU’ did it and how everyone else is should do it So now your coworkers are complicit in your fraud and you know they will not ‘dime’ you because U be a Union Brother N’####!

Yes, I have dealt with ‘many’ of you self serving slugs, held you in contempt and at arms length because I knew I would have to pick up your ‘slack’.

When UA went AMFA, there was a discussion on how to deal with the ‘dead weight’. Unfortunately, this never came to fruition as there were many ‘other’ important issues to deal with.

I really do not GAS if you commit fraud or not, but do not make your Union Brothers and Sisters feel guilty for not kicking your a$$ and throwing you in the street.

B) xUT

----------------------------------------------------------
Edited By Me!

JMHO, You Suck! :angry:

It is individuals like 'YOU' that give 'honest' hard working Union members a bad rap. :down:

And it is not bad enough that you ‘game the system’, commit fraud, and steal from the company; you then make you fellow Union Brothers complicit by telling everyone how ‘YOU’ did it and how everyone else is should do it So now your coworkers are complicit in your fraud and you know they will not ‘dime’ you because U be a Union Brother N’####!

Yes, I have dealt with ‘many’ of you self serving slugs, held you in contempt and at arms length because I knew I would have to pick up your ‘slack’.

When UA went AMFA, there was a discussion on how to deal with the ‘dead weight’. Unfortunately, this never came to fruition as there were many ‘other’ important issues to deal with.

I really do not GAS if you commit fraud or not, but do not make your Union Brothers and Sisters feel guilty for not kicking your a$$ and throwing you in the street.

B) xUT

Edited By Me!

BTW,
'Pain at the Pump'

You Suck!

B) xUT

Intresting side note about management. As we have all been leaving at the same time today management stands outside by the gates with smiles on their faces watching the mess they have caused. I guss its funny for them to watch how the entire dayshift is leaving at the same time. Today while it was raining they could be seen laughing at the employees through the windows they were hiding behind. I guess its going to be real funny for them when they are explaining to their bosses why the engines arent making it out. Laugh while you can chumps because the pain is coming!!!

Intresting side note about management. As we have all been leaving at the same time today management stands outside by the gates with smiles on their faces watching the mess they have caused. I guss its funny for them to watch how the entire dayshift is leaving at the same time. Today while it was raining they could be seen laughing at the employees through the windows they were hiding behind. I guess its going to be real funny for them when they are explaining to their bosses why the engines arent making it out. Laugh while you can chumps because the pain is coming!!!

I've witnessed the departure for the last two days.

Really professional.

Speeding, tailgating, honking of horns for no reason.

Class act.

Made me proud to be a mechanic. (Sarcasm intended)

:down:

You must have been watching a different parking lot. People are honking their horns because they are mad. As for the tailgaiting it must have been that huge line of cars waiting to get out of the parking lot kinda hard to call that tailgating. Also its hard to speed when your WAITING in line so i didnt see any speeding either. Go back to your desk.We have no need for your services here.