Talks under way?

The pilot was deadheading if he was being paid his hourly pay to sit there, so that he could get to another flight where he was needed to pilot the plane. That's not real common. Otherwise, the pilot was just a passenger. More than likely, he was commuting to or from work (on his own time).

As eolesen has posted a few times, AA has an all-new management team, whether or not the employees want to admit it. At this point, their claim that AA needs all new management is a thinly disguised contempt/hatred for Tom Horton. And if any of them think that trading Horton for Parker is an improvement, then they should be tested.

Thanks FWAAA. The pilot was in full uniform but was sitting next to me in the exit row so I'm still not sure what he was doing. IIRC, he was "complaining" about having to commute "so far" for work.

I don't think its really the entire management team the pilot(s) have a problem with, its more Horton than anyone else.

Again I don't give a crap what you say or question about US, as I very well know that your opinion has Squat to do with the outcome.
as if what you say does?
This is an AMATEUR chat forum... if I wanted to gain money for my thoughts, I'd start a consultancy.

Since you and I both participate as amateurs, then maybe you should relax just a tad and not get quite so defensive if someone proposes an idea that doesn't fit your idea of how it will all end up.

After all, none of our ideas really will determine the outcome.... or at least I know mine don't.

My issue with you is the way you portray yourself as some type of a superior airline guru type being looking down at everyone else.
it's all perspective..maybe it's that you see yourself as inferior rather than as an equal?
I don't recall too many people saying they think I am superior, esp. since I haven't said I am.

Your perspective of me doesn't explain your degrading comments of other people.

You might try seeing the forum as an open exchange of ideas instead of as a personal assault on your identity... does it really bother you that much if another company does better than the one you support? It's a company - not your mother.

That's not even worth a reply Mikey Boy.
Can't wait to get my hands all over "Your American Airlines"............
then you won't take it personally if US really doesn't succeed at merging w/ AA, and even if it does, if other airlines,including you know who, manage to keep chipping away at US' franchise?

BTW, just a reminder once again that this board does support the ability to ignore a user.

Reactions: 1 person
as if what you say does?
This is an AMATEUR chat forum... if I wanted to gain money for my thoughts, I'd start a consultancy.

Since you and I both participate as amateurs, then maybe you should relax just a tad and not get quite so defensive if someone proposes an idea that doesn't fit your idea of how it will all end up.

After all, none of our ideas really will determine the outcome.... or at least I know mine don't.

it's all perspective..maybe it's that you see yourself as inferior rather than as an equal?
I don't recall too many people saying they think I am superior, esp. since I haven't said I am.

Your perspective of me doesn't explain your degrading comments of other people.

You might try seeing the forum as an open exchange of ideas instead of as a personal assault on your identity... does it really bother you that much if another company does better than the one you support? It's a company - not your mother.

then you won't take it personally if US really doesn't succeed at merging w/ AA, and even if it does, if other airlines,including you know who, manage to keep chipping away at US' franchise?

BTW, just a reminder once again that this board does support the ability to ignore a user.

Did you ever take the time to read Mikeys little line at the bottom of his posts? Read that and perhaps you will get my jab back at him......

Did you ever take the time to read Mikeys little line at the bottom of his posts? Read that and perhaps you will get my jab back at him......

The only thing to be "gotten" from your posts at WT or anyone else who disagrees with you is that a merger between LCC and AMR is the only legal, moral, or possible outcome to the AMR bankruptcy. I think you know (whether you admit it or not) that LCC needs AMR much worse than AMR needs LCC.

The outcome of this bankruptcy depends upon one thing and one thing only--what is most financially advantageous to the UCC members. That includes petitioning the court to convert the Ch. 11 to Ch. 7 and selling off the valuable parts of AMR to the highest bidder. Right now the parts are worth more than the whole. And, the industry might be able to reduce capacity even further and raise ticket prices to a reasonable, profitable level.

Think MIA/South America being owned by Delta. Or, the AMR Asian and LHR routes being owned by United or a combo of Delta and United. Profitable domestic routes being given freely to Southwest. (That has been our domestic strategy for the past few years. Why change now? Besides, they will probably have them anyway when the Wright Amendment expires in 2014.)

Nice post, and you make good points. In no way do I feel that there is any moral or legal reasons for this possible merger to happen. I do feel that it is the best logical choice given what has taken place in the industry the past few years. I won't disagree that US can benefit more from this than AA, but in the long term it will benefit both carriers. I know that you frequent here, and I'm sure that you can clearly see the manor that WT incorporates Delta and their superiority into just about all of his posts. This is where we have our issues. He thinks that it was great for Delta to merge its way to the top,,but now its not really the best way for AA to go.

Well, whether you agree with WT or not, you have to admit that DL must be doing a lot of things right. First and foremost, their employees do not speak the name of the CEO and then spit to get the nasty taste out of their mouth like at AMR these days. And, they appear to be doing that without being forced by a union--with the exception of the pilots. I'm not saying that all Delta employees have the CEO on their Christmas card list, but there doesn't appear to be open and vitriolic disdain between the management and the employees.

They had a $36m loss in the first quarter of this year--which was a $355m improvement over the same quarter last year. And, if fuel prices had not jumped so significantly--they had a $250m fuel cost increase YOY--they would have made a significant profit. Though LCC has been making a profit (kudos to all of you), it's not the same financial league. Did I see that DL increased sales something like $9 billion YOY?