Tampa? Us Airways Employees

menyou

Aug 24, 2005
Congratulations on signing those union cards. 100% of the station I am told. I am glad that you guys figured out that our union offers more than yours. If we get the votes we need you guys will get an immediate raise since your pay scale you voted in is lower than our starting pay. You will be getting sick pay for the first day not after five days like yours. Many other things that are better. Check out our union website and click on the union contract in works, and your contract that you voted in. It is there too. Lets get the word out.

menyou said:
Congratulations on signing those union cards. 100% of the station I am told. I am glad that you guys figured out that our union offers more than yours. If we get the votes we need you guys will get an immediate raise since your pay scale you voted in is lower than our starting pay. You will be getting sick pay for the first day not after five days like yours. Many other things that are better. Check out our union website and click on the union contract in works, and your contract that you voted in. It is there too. Lets get the word out.
[post="299693"][/post]​

Yea, but will we get our FULL seniority?? Give me that in writing with 100% dovetail then I'll sign a card. This is one time I'll wait to boot the iam out.

DR.EVIL said:
Yea, but will we get our FULL seniority?? Give me that in writing with 100% dovetail then I'll sign a card. This is one time I'll wait to boot the iam out.
[post="299719"][/post]​
the teamsters are clear 3 for 1 seniority integration. Also if they get enough cards for a vote you will be non union { decertified }. more than 65 % of the combined group is laid off and will not bother to vote. an non vote is a vote for decertification . I spoke to the teamster rep. they agree this outcome is possible. BUT ONLY GAVE ME A BUNCH OF DOUBLE TALK ABOUT WHY THEY ARE STILL COLLECTING CARDS.........

Per that Alleghany Mohawk (spelled wrong I know) that is in both our contracts, neither union will be dead ended. It will be a fair intergration. So it is better to go with the union that has the most benefits for us and not worry about the senority issue because it will be the same outcome no matter what union we choose.

menyou said:
Per that Alleghany Mohawk (spelled wrong I know) that is in both our contracts, neither union will be dead ended. It will be a fair intergration. So it is better to go with the union that has the most benefits for us and not worry about the senority issue because it will be the same outcome no matter what union we choose.
[post="300017"][/post]​
that provision was surrendered by the iam in bankrupcy

Question 11: How would the Teamsters handle seniority integration?

Answer 11: Committees from both the US Airways and the America West Airlines AMT groups would meet in an attempt to resolve seniority integration issues in a fair and equitable manner. Such discussions will be held in accordance with the provisions of Sections 3 and 13 of Allegheny-Mohawk. Should this effort not result in a resolution, an arbitration hearing would be held to resolve any outstanding issues.

taken from http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/...maintfaq.htm#13

http://www.teamsterslocal104.org/

Allegheny/Mohawk LPPs were not given up by the IAM nor its members in either of the US' bankruptcy cases.

Not sure why US Airways mechanics are worried about their senority. As an AWA mechanic I was not afraid of losing my job until the merger talk went into effect. Us Airways wouldn't be around if it wasnt for AWA bailing them out. So now we are the ones losing the deal. You should be thankful that your job will now be around longer. Where I might just be losing it to make room for you guys

menyou said:
Not sure why US Airways mechanics are worried about their senority. As an AWA mechanic I was not afraid of losing my job until the merger talk went into effect. Us Airways wouldn't be around if it wasnt for AWA bailing them out. So now we are the ones losing the deal. You should be thankful that your job will now be around longer. Where I might just be losing it to make room for you guys
[post="300601"][/post]​

Well none of us wishes that upon you, buts thats just life. And it will go on! AWA is not buying US so the seniority lists should be dovetailed to date of hire in the classification. PERIOD!! Let te games begin.

All this is going to do is create hatred among both mechanic groups. What good is that going to do? Why cant we all get along because someday we might just end up switching stations and working with each other. I wouldn't mind going to Charlotte.

menyou said:
[post="300601"][/post]​

AWA is NOT buying US Airways. Investors are buying both of the companies and merging them. HDQ is moving to PHX, but that doesn't give any HP employee super rights over an US Airways employee.

Consolidation is coming fast and furious (finally). The only fair way to combine seniority lists is DOH with a limited time fence agreement.

mechanicpit said:
the teamsters are clear 3 for 1 seniority integration. Also if they get enough cards for a vote you will be non union { decertified }. more than 65 % of the combined group is laid off and will not bother to vote. an non vote is a vote for decertification . I spoke to the teamster rep. they agree this outcome is possible. BUT ONLY GAVE ME A BUNCH OF DOUBLE TALK ABOUT WHY THEY ARE STILL COLLECTING CARDS.........
[post="299810"][/post]​

Where did you get these #?

ResRepGirl said:
AWA is NOT buying US Airways. Investors are buying both of the companies and merging them. HDQ is moving to PHX, but that doesn't give any HP employee super rights over an US Airways employee.

Consolidation is coming fast and furious (finally). The only fair way to combine seniority lists is DOH with a limited time fence agreement.
[post="300840"][/post]​

Not sure what I said that makes you think that I said AWA was buying you guys out. I know they aren't. BUT. Let the truth be told that if it wasn't for AWA merging with US Airways then they would be no more. AWA is saving your company by merging. We have everything to lose. You guys were losing it all until we came on our white horse.

menyou said:
Not sure what I said that makes you think that I said AWA was buying you guys out. I know they aren't. BUT. Let the truth be told that if it wasn't for AWA merging with US Airways then they would be no more. AWA is saving your company by merging. We have everything to lose. You guys were losing it all until we came on our white horse.
[post="300848"][/post]​
What makes you thing HP would have been the only carrier for U to merge with??

menyou said:
Let the truth be told that if it wasn't for AWA merging with US Airways  then they would be no more. AWA is saving your company by merging. We have everything to lose. You guys were losing it all until we came on our white horse.
[post="300848"][/post]​

You people saying that do realize that US had $250 million in equity coming from Air Wisconsin and Republic before HP showed up, right? :rolleyes:

God, I just used the word Republic in a positive context. I feel like I need to take a shower. :unsure:

Back