Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
UNITED MAKING MOVES
Ted set to touch down at Midway

By Mark Skertic
Tribune staff reporter
Published January 6, 2005

United Airlines said Wednesday that its low-cost carrier, Ted, will launch service at Midway Airport in April.

Ted, which began flying last year, will maintain its hub at O'Hare Airport but will add flights from Midway to Denver and Washington. Those airports, which also are Ted hubs, are served by United flights from O'Hare.

"We think now is the right time to get in there and start competing," said Sean Donohue, Ted's vice president.

United has not had a presence at Midway since 1992. Ted will serve the airport with 156-seat Airbus A320s. The City of Chicago and United have reached a deal on a gate for Ted to use at Midway, Donohue said.

Read it here.

It's about time! I've thought for quite some time that we need to start going after WN in certain markets, instead of retreating all the time. I think MDW is a perfect place to start. Perhaps now that TED has some recognition and is running pretty smoothly we will see more expansion.

I hope we eventually see Ted in JFK and open up a can of whoop-a$$ on them! :up:

Go TED!

IAD and DEN are good starts but UA needs to also fly to important UA markets like LAX, SFO, and LGA. The point of serving MDW has to be to limit WN’s ability to take traffic in markets where UA is well established and has a lot to lose from flights at ORD.

Reactions: 1 person
No matter were UniTED tries to compete with SWA, they'll still eat your lunch. Still waiting for you to post TEDS performance against F9 in the DENVER Market??? You tout what a profitable product it is for UniTED, still waiting on the proof of that! Most still look at TED as the old UniTED Shuttle. Tell me how much less the flight crew's, mechanics, and ground personel in there pay checks from any of the mainline folks????

It will be funny to see TED trying to compete with $39 dollar fairs! :up:

With all the paycuts over here, pretty soon the LCC's are going to have to cut employee wages to compete with us.

Fly said:
With all the paycuts over here, pretty soon the LCC's are going to have to cut employee wages to compete with us.
[post="236436"][/post]​

Hey Fly BABY, what's up? When are you coming to Charlotte to visit me? Got some NICE weather. How the hell are ya? :rolleyes:

Hey there First!!! I found something else we can do to subsidize the income. :blink:

pic-20040206215149.jpg

mrfish3726 said:
No matter were UniTED tries to compete with SWA, they'll still eat your lunch. Still waiting for you to post TEDS performance against F9 in the DENVER Market??? You tout what a profitable product it is for UniTED, still waiting on the proof of that! Most still look at TED as the old UniTED Shuttle. Tell me how much less the flight crew's, mechanics, and ground personel in there pay checks from any of the mainline folks????

It will be funny to see TED trying to compete with $39 dollar fairs! :up:
[post="236412"][/post]​

39 DOLLARS TO GO TO THE FAIR? I usually pay around 5-10 bucks to get in. Besides why would TED want to compete with a great summer time outing? You sir are not very smart!!!

JBG :blink:

Read 'em weep folks, it's only going to get worse!!!! Hell the way our loads have been this last quarter, I'd bet we'll be making a small profit :shock: ??? So FLY, I don't think that job cuts and payroll cuts are coming to F9 anytime soon. If you need a job F9 is still looking for F/A's :up:

Yeah, I should read my posts a bit more careful. I have NEVER ragged on anyone for their grammar skills and beleive me you ALL have made mistakes to. So if that is the ONLY come back you have, I'll just keep right on laughing with YA. But in the end I won't be crying with YA!

Did you all have a good holiday season over there at UniTED? We did here at F9, the X-mas party was great the new convention center is something to behold. Awesome like everything else here in Denver. And the marlin fishing was great in CABO, that's were I spent my New Years. AHHH the SUN and FUN in MEXICO :D GOTTA LOVE IT!