Ted Sighting In Tpa

usramperTPA

Advanced
Jun 10, 2003
We've had daily TED sightings here in TPA since Fri. 10/21. Nice livery, but one question, how do they expect to make money with these airplanes? The plane seems to be sitting on E-75 daily for an unusually long time. Don't you need increased utilization for a low cost carrier to be profitable?

usramperTPA said:
We've had daily TED sightings here in TPA since Fri. 10/21. Nice livery, but one question, how do they expect to make money with these airplanes? The plane seems to be sitting on E-75 daily for an unusually long time. Don't you need increased utilization for a low cost carrier to be profitable?
I know a captain that flew it on it's 2nd revenue flight down to TPA the other day. It says TED, but it's still a mainline airplane. Interior is still standard A320. The TED product (and schedule) will not fly until I think February.

767jetz said:
I know a captain that flew it on it's 2nd revenue flight down to TPA the other day. It says TED, but it's still a mainline airplane. Interior is still standard A320. The TED product (and schedule) will not fly until I think February.
Jetz,

Thanks for the heads up. If that's the case and its still a mainline flight, then I think its a pretty good marketing idea by UA to fly one or several of these newly painted birds around the system to get some exposure for their new product, especially in high-density markets such as Florida!

usramperTPA said:
I think its a pretty good marketing idea by UA to fly one or several of these newly painted birds around the system to get some exposure for their new product, especially in high-density markets such as Florida!
You are exactly on the mark, they plan to have four of them flying around the system prior to the launch...

They will work initially as flying bill boards on mainline routes and will be pulled in just before the official launch to have the interior reconfigured.

Back