Telling Me What To Do...?

Justaramper

Advanced
Dec 15, 2002
Funny as it seems, now we have shop stewards, telling us who we can talk to..? Please don't talk to a Shift Mgr, he is your enemy..? Don't talk to that employee, he is "pro-company"..? He is a "dues objector" we don't talk to him...? Where in ANY contract does the Union run the company and have the right to tell ANY employee what to do...? The purpose of a Union is to settle disputes/grievances between the company and the employee, not to TELL employees what they "think" they must do.. Yes, this is a "gripe" and I've had enough of these stewards ..... Employees who come to work and do there job shouldn't be subject to "conditions" set forth by lazy stewards...Who avoid work most of the time and are too busy trying to be "popular"

This is a Fleet Service issue, anyone else having this "problem"..Not really a problem, I tell these stewards where to go..!

Justaramper said:
Funny as it seems, now we have shop stewards, telling us who we can talk to..? Please don't talk to a Shift Mgr, he is your enemy..? Don't talk to that employee, he is "pro-company"..? He is a "dues objector" we don't talk to him...? Where in ANY contract does the Union run the company and have the right to tell ANY employee what to do...? The purpose of a Union is to settle disputes/grievances between the company and the employee, not to TELL employees what they "think" they must do.. Yes, this is a "gripe" and I've had enough of these stewards ..... Employees who come to work and do there job shouldn't be subject to "conditions" set forth by lazy stewards...Who avoid work most of the time and are too busy trying to be "popular"

This is a Fleet Service issue, anyone else having this "problem"..Not really a problem, I tell these stewards where to go..!
Not really, but there were always a few. It's just that there are much much fewer now :D

coachrowsey said:
Why would you even want to talk to a shift manager ? :angry: They are not here to help you in anyway.
Well today in Study Hall, Sue told me that Robert looked at Bill funny. I was like wow, let's not talk to him. But the Study Hall teacher told us all to be quiet...OOPPS WRONG FORUM!!

For a moment I thought I was back in high school.

:D
Justaramper said:

an elected shop steward should and shall put all personal greivances with his people on the back burner.any deviation from this should result in his removal from office.remember he was elected and if the majority doesn't wish him to continue...seek your greivance committeeman for steps to take.personal issues have no place no matter who is the union on the property.
furthermore,anyone who elects the 'agency fee payor ' status is protected by US LABOR LAW from harassment and anyone harrassng someone on this status should be advised of the legal consequences.thay do exist,and have been pursued at U. :D

Please Coach..Don't tell me those "elected" stewards are here to help me, they can't be found when the work is to be done.. They are like "blisters" {show up after the work}. Some of us don't have "issues" with Managers, because we do the work and get it done. You don't see us on OJI..do you..? Or using FMLA as an excuse to take an extra couple of days off...? Were the ones who just do the job and go home after a days work, not sitting around complaining/whinning about every bad hand life has dealt us..

Then were TOLD by stewards what to do, how to vote, what to buy and how to think..?

I don't think so...!

Justaramper said:
Please Coach..Don't tell me those "elected" stewards are here to help me, they can't be found when the work is to be done.. They are like "blisters" {show up after the work}. Some of us don't have "issues" with Managers, because we do the work and get it done. You don't see us on OJI..do you..? Or using FMLA as an excuse to take an extra couple of days off...? Were the ones who just do the job and go home after a days work, not sitting around complaining/whinning about every bad hand life has dealt us..

Then were TOLD by stewards what to do, how to vote, what to buy and how to think..?

I don't think so...!
LOOK AT THE ABOVE POST IF YOU NEED TO BE SHOWN THE WAY MY CHILD. :down: :down: :down: :down: