TEMPE WAKE UP!

Not sure from your post if your beef is something I said or some procedure we have.
I wasnt advocating obing flights to protect people, and since cutover we havent been doing that (since we couldnt), but only ob if a rez is canx noshow.
Also, hopefully the new DB/standby, etc procedures will make it easier to correctly close out a flight/report dbs, etc. The old QIK way is terrible, time consuming and downright cumbersome. No wonder the numbers arent getting reported correctly. It should NOT be that difficult to work oversales and close out a flight correctly. Once again, Tempe doesnt have to do it on a daily basis so of course the agents can deal with it and all the ramifications that that entails (from skewed db numbers to canx in error rez, etc).
no beef with anything/anyone...just bothers me when I see we constantly move pax early and then do not bother to show anyone/department that pax were moved so we were not OS.
My other issue was somehow pax keep showing up as NS when they clearly got on the flight....? Any ideas? This is ruff cuz then the return cancels and 9 times outta 10=the flight is zeroed out. Very frustrating. I am glad they now gave the su SINES the ability to OB a flight in this instance...

Let the managers sign in and do the os list. Then and only then will they come to realize this is a greased pig and cannot handle an airline our size.

Government weighs higher payment cap for passengers forced off of flights .c The Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) - Bumping a passenger from an overbooked flight could cost U.S. airlines more than $1,200 under new rules federal transportation officials are considering.
The Transportation Department on Monday sought public comment on several options for new maximum levels of compensation given to airline passengers forced to take a later flight due to airlines' overbooking.
For passengers forced onto another flight that takes them to their destination less than two hours after their original arrival time, airlines currently must pay the value of a passenger's ticket, plus up to $200.
If the airline does not meet the two-hour limit, passengers can be paid up to $400.
The government is seeking comment on whether to leave the existing limits in place, eliminate them entirely, double them, change the limits to $290 and $580, or $624 and $1,248.
The Air Transport Association, an industry trade group, refused to comment on the options being considered. But David Castelveter, a spokesman for the association, said the industry ``more often than not'' is able to find volunteers willing to be bumped, rather than forcing passengers off of scheduled flights.

I think Tempe is about to wakeup the cost is going up on involunteers DB's.
Of course it will put more pressure on the agents to get volunteers
As far as protecting the reservation and putting passengers and doing the over sale list it is a SHARES and manpower thing it can be done(sometimes) but it is time consuming unlike sabre

Great point because yield tables are built on historical data. So if the "history" doesn't show the INVOLS, how can Inventory Planning and Yield Management have any Idea since they have inaccurate information.

GRRRRRRR< Resisting temptation to bash SHARES!!!! PHEW, I made it. :up:
Who are you? Respectfully of course. :up:

Who are you? Respectfully of course. :up:
Sorry, found my answer after scrolling up. Are you a shareholder or something, now I am being respectful here but you sure have A LOT of interest in USAirways. You are all over the board, thanks

Not a shareholder sorry to disappoint. Never thought you were disrespectful.

What I am is a Frequent Flyer who got a very large bug up his arse over the way US was being managed. Helped to found FFOCUS.

YES I confess I'm madder than a boiled owl at US, not for the way I've been treated so much as the way the customers in general get treated. I dred opening my e-mail to read yet another horror story about travel on US Airways.

So "Brown" what brings you to our dysfunctional family picnic?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never take it out my discust on the ff's or any customers. Not there fault our mgmt won't ever wake up out of there desert castle and do something right! <_<

What exactly to Andrew Nocella, Brad Beakley & Tom Trenga have in common?

All are Vice Presidents

All worked in Crystal City

hey PineyBob,

better check those bio's again, Tom Trenga has never set foot in CCY either before or after the merger

Well 2 outta three in baseball makes you a billionaire and frankly I'd LOVE to check the Bio's but the freaking search engine on the web site hasn't worked for two weeks. Why not share with us where all that scary IT talent originated

IT on the East was outsourced, IT on the West was in house. Current IT is in house, therefore...

LOL, Don't you "outhouse" talent. Joe Beery couldn't pour pees from a boot if the intrructions were printed on the heel. This the Big Leagues now son, not some Chug a Lug Doug frat boy get together at Pinnacle Pete's. :p :p :shock: :shock: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :rant:

Consider this as you ponder just how all that talent has put YOUR job in jeopardy.

IIRC, the switch to SHARES was to SAVE 25 Million or more each year.

They dropped the ball and are now hiring 1,000 new employees to help.

They pay approximately $9.00/hr which at 2,080 hours per employee per year works out to around $20,000,000 per year plus at a burden rate of 40% for benefits and overhead of 40% works out to $28,000,000 annually. Or MORE than they saved over SABRE.

This doesn't include recruiting costs, turnover cost, training cost, etc etc etc. Must be Beer Goggles Financing in the Sand Castle.
======================================================

Actually Bob I think that the A&W folk don't actually DO discounted cash flow analysis. Everything is only on payback.

The view since around 04 anyways. That's how it looks.

If your only metric is next quarter or four, I guess that is OK. Short run and all that.

Latest posts