Thanksgiving Day Meals at Work

I was in the A west crewroom at 9 am. There was a Boston Market guy assisting Andrew S with the setup of the "dinner". There were at least 3 office girls with aprons helping as well. The one with blond hair(I forget her name!) was making up a bunch of plates to carry up to the 330 which was going to SJU. There was a full setup of turkey, gravy, corn, green beans, cornbread, stuffing, and soda choices of Coke AND Pepsi. A side of apple or pumpkin pie was also available. The staf thanked every one of us for coming to work and wished us a Happy Turkey day. In spite of all the B.S. going on, these people were genuinely happy to take care of us and I enjoyed it.

Just wondering if any station mangagers failed to mention that the T-day meals were a company wide event. One implied that it was locally planned. :shock:

(Some years ago, (under another manager) the company would provide the trukey. The side dishes were pot luck.)

I know that PSA provided Thanksgiving meals at all of their stations last year -- not sure if Piedmont does the same... and we were WAY overfed... had enough to feed a handful of MidAtlantic crews over Thanksgiving last year flying thru EYW... they were stuck to the Ramada in FLL (I believe) and there is NOTHING around there other than a bar!

For those who have not heard mgmt announced late today they are going do a $50 Hat Trick for the performance over the Thanksgiving long weekend. Very nice gesture I think !

LGA777

PHL went all out!!! It was GREAT!!! real carved turkey, mashed, corn, pie soda's they had to-go plates for the crew's everyone in the airport was welcome...it was one time I saw everyone in PHL really bonding...from ramp to cleaners to maint and agents...all were smiling and having a good time...the chief pilot was there smiling dishing out food...thanks to the PHL people that put this together...It was a nice meal and I did not have to cook for once...hope they do it next year

I would have assumed by the post that everyone in the airport was welcomed....so why wouldn't contract workers be welcomed?
they were...that was my point! all were welcome even the airport cops...PS the 50.00 made it taste even better...way to go!!! if this keeps up PHL will be the envy of the system...lock up Milton take the money he ripped off and buy new jetways...I think we are getting somewhere :up:

Just wondering if any station mangagers failed to mention that the T-day meals were a company wide event. One implied that it was locally planned. :shock:

Yes. We've always done it out of our employee fund with management throwing in a little and this year were led to believe it was approved from our Incentive fund and not from another company provided fund. We now know better and know that the same is to be provided for Christmas so we can provide a nice dinner for those who have to work on Christmas day. Last years company provided dinner was "lacking" compared to what we now know we have available to offer for both of these days. It just took someone other than the manager to set it up to get the full value/use allowed from the company.

We now know better and know that the same is to be provided for Christmas so we can provide a nice dinner for those who have to work on Christmas day.
So USAirways is going to have a system wide company paid XMAS dinner? And management will serve it.

Typical Union Rep. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!"

The union could have ponied up a few bucks and served their members, instead of whining.

SOUNDS LIKE A SMALL NOTION FROM AN EVEN SMALLER UNION REP.

DAVE SIEGEL WANTED THE LITTLE FOOD WE HAD (THIS IS A METAPHOR FOR WAGE AND BENEFIT CUTS, MAINLINE EXPRESS ETC). SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT DOUG PARKER, HE FEEDS HIS TROOPS ON THANKSGIVING, THE MARK OF A REAL LEADER

OMG...I've been away from the company for almost 2yrs now and it still surprises me about the whinning here: "I want my turkey...why did station x get turkey..we got turkey but is was tough". Grow up and get a life/job/meal! The company you work for is NOT your family. They owe you nothing but your salary and the benefits they promised you in your contract (ok, no argument..some benefits/retirements are far less than bargained for). But my point is, please scan and forward to me the part in your contract that says the company will supply you with a Thanksgiving dinner. The right thing to do went out the window when CEO's thought their Net Gross was more important than your breath and life and the only thing the union could do was squeele while their privates were being pinched. NMW...no more whinning...especially over turkey....you've got a lot bigger fish to fry and I support you all the way...just don't waste your energy over Thanksgiving leftovers.

Ok this is for all those that think the company MUST offer you something for working on a holiday that you agreed to do in the first place when taking employment. If you work as an operator for a phone company does that company have to offer you food for working? NO. When you are a doctor, nurse, firefighter, convenience store clerk, K'mart, Walmart and on and on and on....do they HAVE to offer their employees something for working a holiday. They certainly don't. I as a f/a have taken pay cuts just like everyone else and seen our contract and livelyhood torn to shreds but it is what it is folks. You work the holiday and are owed nothing. The company OWES YOU NOTHING. It's your J-O-B! ! ! We ALL had a personal choice to stay or leave. Christmas is right around the corner. Here is a simple tip, "Bring some damn food with you to eat on christmas eve or christmas". I can't believe this thread has gone this long. My god people, its freakin turkey. :rolleyes:

Ok this is for all those that think the company MUST offer you something for working on a holiday that you agreed to do in the first place when taking employment.

The company may not HAVE to offer you something for working but the employees certainly have a RIGHT to B**** about anything they want on here. Just like you RIGHT to B**** about them B****ing.

Well we all have something to b**ch about but really. If you take a job with a company and they flat out tell you that you may have to work a holiday and you agree... c'mon now. Then that VERY employee complains about the food or lack of food provided by the company? A. be glad you have a job B. be happy the company gave us anything considering what we got from past management. I'm not saying we don't have the right to complain but complain about something of substance. If the company decides to offer NO food for christmas, good grief call off christmas and shut the airline down. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back