About Thanksgiving Meals

libertybell

Senior
Jan 5, 2003
It was nice to see that the company Executive wanted hotmeals served in several cities for Thanksgiving. Spoke to a Pilot and he told me that the meal in Pittsburgh was really great. Real cooked Turkey to be carved, fresh vegatables with large pies. I was told that local Philly management dropped the ball they had an executive come in to carve and serve food but to his surprise the employees were served "Airline Food" Yes it was larger portions of something like turkey pressed and from a can and vegatables with no flavor but the employees had something. The funny thing is that the management dropped the ball again they didnt get an order in time to have Boston Market delever enough meals. The Executive was shocked after flying in Philly and being advised of the screw up.

It was a nice thought but once again its a simple example of the BS the hard working employees put up with in Philly. :blink:

CLT had problems, they seemed to forget people work third shift, first and second shift employees got fed, but not anyone on third shift.

I worked the shuttle yesterday morning and the BOS station catered us with dinner at 9am. Upon arrival into LGA we were greeted by the station manager. Shook all our hands and left a box of meals that were to be heated in the ovens along with Pie. Then we got to PHL that day for the pressed turkey. I don't want to complain due to the fact that it was a nice thought to have a hot cooked meal for all. That blows that some missed out on it due to a few kinks in the process of giving back. I will say that there was a definate difference in what we were given in PHL versus what we received in BOS and LGA. Happy Holidays everybody.

Like I said, no one on third shift was fed, company neglected to realize there are a large number of workers in CLT that work midnight shift.

Like I said, no one on third shift was fed, company neglected to realize there are a large number of workers in CLT that work midnight shift.

Typical...3rd shift is out of sight...and out of mind , unless the airline fails to wake-up in the morning. :unsure:

Can only speak for PHX but they did put notices up all over the hangar about the times. Why didn't anyone question that there was no dinner scheduled for third shift??

In PHX: no cranberries and no pie, "lack of extra $1.00/person" in the holiday budget.
No ham either, even though the meal comes out of the slush fund from break room vending profits.. And yes I am bitching about a half-assed sudo free meal.

No ham either, even though the meal comes out of the slush fund from break room vending profits.. And yes I am bitching about a half-assed sudo free meal.

My beef with the PHX ramp Thanksgiving meals is that there are no seconds. You eat what you get on your plate and that is it. Don't try coming back for seconds. The true meaning of Thanksgiving is to see exactly how much your digestive system can handle without actually bursting like the fat guy in "Monty Python's Meaning of Life".

MAITRE D
Ah good morning, sir, and how are we today?

MR CREOSOTE
Better ...

MAITRE D
Better?

MR CREOSOTE
Better get a bucket I'm going to throw up.

Philly's T-giving meal came from the LSG catering kitchen. It wouldn't even have passed as a decent coach meal.
Tasted bad and most people missed the jelly packet that said "cranberry" on it.
Sure it's the thought that counts but HQ can save it's money we'll bring in our own food!

LSG catered our meal in PIT and management served it to us. We had stuffing, peas and carrots, sweet potatoes, turkey and cranberries. Also an assortment of rolls and pumkin pie.
There was so much food you could go back for seconds and thirds.
I for one enjoyed the meal. :up:

LSG catered our meal in PIT and management served it to us. We had stuffing, peas and carrots, sweet potatoes, turkey and cranberries. Also an assortment of rolls and pumkin pie.
There was so much food you could go back for seconds and thirds.
I for one enjoyed the meal. :up:

How refreshing to see somebody actually has something positive to say!

As for all the bs about "the company" dropping the ball, that too is bs...it was local management. Besides, no matter what could have or would have been done, the same people would be complaining about something