About Thanksgiving Meals

Was this a company sponsored Thanksgiving meal? Our work group organized our own Thanksgiving meal potluck style. Our manager smoked a 22 pound turkey and we each brought in an item to make all the fixings to go with it. Over 50 people were involved. Well, if the company did sponsor a system wide dinner, then if they can't serve all then they should serve none. All or none that way there won't be any complaints that someone was left out.

It's always, for as long as I've been there, the non represented groups do their own thing. The represented groups and those that are working the holiday, represented or not, can attend the company provided meal.

In Charlotte from what I was told it was company sponsored.

Hmmm...well unfortunately some didn't get meals. I wish they could have shared in our potluck Thanksgiving dinner. Perhaps next year workgroups should organize a potluck like we had (this was our 4th annual). Homemade is much better than anything a caterer can provide. That smoked turkey was awesome, and that sweetpotato pie was out of this world!

Hmmm...well unfortunately some didn't get meals. I wish they could have shared in our potluck Thanksgiving dinner. Perhaps next year workgroups should organize a potluck like we had (this was our 4th annual). Homemade is much better than anything a caterer can provide. That smoked turkey was awesome, and that sweetpotato pie was out of this world!

But if everybody participates, who will complain? Oh yeah, the same old complainers....

Nothing but positive feedback from people I spoke to. Good meals on all three shifts. Thank you US/West for continuing your tradition with the new U. :up:

And this is how things SHOULD continue with the NEW US AIRWAYS!!

Happy Holidays to all.

I was thrilled to see the meals on Thanksgiving. Not so much the food (it was good) but what it represented. Finally, someone in management doing something nice for the employees. Let's face it, at U East, it's been a long time.

Think back to last year during the holiday season and what the atmosphere was like as we teetered on the edge of Chapter 7. I spent X-mas eve in my hotel room eating tuna fish out of a packet... after a 13hr day of being screamed at by countless irate pax. We've come a long way in the past year for which I am most grateful. :p

Happy Holidays to all!

Many thanks to the employees in FLL who invited the crewmembers passing through to a nice dinner. :up:

I was thrilled to see the meals on Thanksgiving. Not so much the food (it was good) but what it represented. Finally, someone in management doing something nice for the employees. Let's face it, at U East, it's been a long time.

Think back to last year during the holiday season and what the atmosphere was like as we teetered on the edge of Chapter 7. I spent X-mas eve in my hotel room eating tuna fish out of a packet... after a 13hr day of being screamed at by countless irate pax. We've come a long way in the past year for which I am most grateful. :p

Happy Holidays to all!
My sentiments exactly! The holiday meal was a very nice gesture and the meal provided to our crew from a sunny west coast destinatinaton was as GOOD to being at HOME than anyone could have expected. Even if the food was mediocre from where you were at, it IS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS. Thanks to All!

Ya know folks, AWA management is giving us chance to make our own fun, so let's embrace it.

Let's have fun, make our own. I remember the days when it was a crew members birthday and we brought cake and shared it our customers. They loved it!

We have so little to give our customers and they do like to be included in our fun!

I really hope our retiring pilots will have the water cannons. The people really feel like they are involved. And it's a nice time to share with them.

I understand most pilots have been screwed out of their retirements and I do think it's a crime. But the customers do feel a bit of solidarity when they are included.

Dea

Latest posts