The 2010 Senatorial Elections

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Watching C-Span yesterday morning, I watched Sen. Menendez(D-NJ), who is now the head of the Senatorial election committee, lay out VERY specific details about the "19" GOP Senators who are up for re-election on the first tuesday in November 2010(LESS than 2 years away)

Given that the DEMS. have (I think) a 1/2 dozen LESS Senators up for re-election in 2010, it's a pretty fair assumtion that they WON'T lose the 58/59 seat majority that they hold Now.

NOW,....what do the 41/42 current GOP Senators do in the next 2 years as far as Obama is concerned ?

Do they fight him "tooth and nail" every step of the way ?

For Moderate GOP'ers like Spector of PA, or the 2 gals up here(next door to me) in Maine....Snowe/Collins,.........They'll be fine, because their respective electorates ar use to them "compromising" from time to Time.

The flip side to that, is the 2 in Texas..............Cornyn/Hutchinson, would never be penalized by their electorates for playing.."GOP Hard-ball".

BUT,

What about Guys/gals in so-calld swing states like say MO., or OH. I suggest to you, that they are DAM*ED if they do, or DAM*ED if they don't play nice with President Obama.

In summary,.........for all of you who might be having a "chuckle" because the Dems fell short of the "60", I say..............turn around.................look over your shoulder.............and you can see............off in the NOT so distant...DISTANCE, the George Soros/Democrat Senatorial MACHINE....."Building up a LARGE head of Steam"............ :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've mentioned this before but the one seat the GOP might have a chance of getting is Obama's old seat. As we all know any replacement will be named by the governor. Gov. Blagojevich is extremely unpopular right now and will be lucky not to get indicted before his current term is up. Anyone appointed by him will have the stigma of being his pick.

And then..............reality sets in.........................."Liberals voice concerns about Obama!"

So much for change............................Suckers :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081208/...DxFad.ELUYDW7oF
Let me get this straight. You chided him for being the most liberal Senator. Now you are saying that we are "suckers" because he is not catering the far left.

You really need to pick a position and stick with.

Thank you for continuing this tortured logic for all to see.

I've mentioned this before but the one seat the GOP might have a chance of getting is Obama's old seat. As we all know any replacement will be named by the governor. Gov. Blagojevich is extremely unpopular right now and will be lucky not to get indicted before his current term is up. Anyone appointed by him will have the stigma of being his pick.

fixer,

You could be right, (You usually are), ...BUT....I'd keep a close eye on this ORD "window/door" thing, as this could become a "symbol" nationwide.

Gov. B, could come out of this(-possible indictments)..smelling like a rose.
PLUS..Jesse jr. could produce a massive Turn-out, just like BO !

Let me get this straight. You chided him for being the most liberal Senator. Now you are saying that we are "suckers" because he is not catering the far left.

You really need to pick a position and stick with.

Thank you for continuing this tortured logic for all to see.

Listen Tech, you can try to avoid yours and millions of others obvious mistake or mis-guidance , in electing Nobama , all you want but when reality meets the road, he's not the "The Annoited One" all of his fallowers were led to believe he was !

It's ok ...............everyone makes mistakes ! :shock:

Listen Tech, you can try to avoid yours and millions of others obvious mistake or mis-guidance , in electing Nobama , all you want but when reality meets the road, he's not the "The Annoited One" all of his follerwers were led to believe he was !

It's ok ...............everyone makes mistakes ! :shock:

Not sure where you get your statistics (well, I do have a good idea) but I am pretty sure no more people thought Obama was the 'anointed' one than thought the same of Palin. I supported Obama as did my wife. All we knew was that he was a better option than McCain/Palin. I know there were tons of better options for POTUS unfortunately, none of them were on the ballot running. As a result, my self and millions of other like me choose what we knew was the better option.

Well it looks like he might not have the chance to make a senate pick.

http://www.wbbm780.com/Blagojevich-Arrested/3460896

If he does pick someone, in between court dates ;) , that person will have that hanging over them. No governor from Illinois who has been arrested, there have been quite a few the fast forty years, has even come out smelling like a rose.

Definitely looks like you were MORE than right.....fixer !!

Definitely looks like you were MORE than right.....fixer !!

To be honest Bears me saying last month that he would be lucky to finish his term un-indicted does not mean I'm psychic. Heck, anyone in the state of Illinois knew this was coming sooner or latter. However even I was surprised by the whole Senate seat angle.

As a IL Republican, I think that the GOP does have a good shot winning the seat now. Since Rod is getting impeached starting Monday, I think we can do it.