The Airline Problem vs The Union Solution

Let me get this straight. The fact that the NMB has stated that 1/17/1991 as the end of the strike is just a "number's game"? No it's not a numbers gaem. It is a simple fact.
I am with you on this 777 fixer. I would like you to pass this information along to your union brothers and sisters for many think this strike is still in effect. Even your buddy Necro thinks it’s "marginally" over.

I am with you on this 777 fixer. I would like you to pass this information along to your union brothers and sisters for many think this strike is still in effect. Even your buddy Necro thinks it’s "marginally" over.

When you wrote that you liked my use of "marginal" you weren't kidding. LOL

Officially a strike is over when the participating union has declared the forementioned stike over. This is not to say that SCABS shall enjoy union representation to the fullest extent. :) While the said union is the collective bargaining agent, labor relations may be strained (do you think).

In the case of EAL there is a lot of history to cover and my knowledge of the EAL strike is somewhat limited. PBS produced and aired a story on the EAL strike some years ago and it was quite good. Since that time I've always been sympathetic to the EAL employees and their cause.

The AMFA strike at NWA will be another strike that could never reach a settlement. Infact I would suggest asmuch.

All of these facts ought to be of little concern to a SCAB since he doesn't respect the collective bargaining process. Doctors have the AMA, Attorneys have their BARs and NWA mechanics have a union. These are fully legal recognized orgs.

Now you are trying to be decietful PTO. For those who are unfaliliar as to what PTO is refering to it's in regards to whether or not ex-Eastern Airline AMT's are still on strike. He was evidently under the impression they still were. Since Eastern went under in 1991 they obviously are not.

PTO you were the first one to mention Eastern on this thread. Now if someone else did on another thread and you are just repeating it they are wrong for saying it. Just as you are wrong for saying it and not bothering to check if it were true or not.

Honestly PTO did you actaully think that no one was going to call you on it in regards to your Eastern Airlines comment? As I have stated before it would have been very easy for you to do a little fact checking.

Can I ask you an honest question, not that I expect an honest answer. Did you actually beleive that the ex-Eastern guys were still on strike because you did a good job making it appear that you did. Also do you actually beleive that the "majority of original scabs up there are X-Eastern Airlines"? As I have stated earlier this is either a case of you lying or being lazy with your fact checking.

By the way I can't belkive that you actaully thought that if someon bought the name to Eastern Airlines they also bouth the old contracts of the previous carrier.

Now you are trying to be decietful PTO. For those who are unfaliliar as to what PTO is refering to it's in regards to whether or not ex-Eastern Airline AMT's are still on strike. He was evidently under the impression they still were. Since Eastern went under in 1991 they obviously are not.

PTO you were the first one to mention Eastern on this thread. Now if someone else did on another thread and you are just repeating it they are wrong for saying it. Just as you are wrong for saying it and not bothering to check if it were true or not.

Honestly PTO did you actaully think that no one was going to call you on it in regards to your Eastern Airlines comment? As I have stated before it would have been very easy for you to do a little fact checking.

Can I ask you an honest question, not that I expect an honest answer. Did you actually beleive that the ex-Eastern guys were still on strike because you did a good job making it appear that you did. Also do you actually beleive that the "majority of original scabs up there are X-Eastern Airlines"? As I have stated earlier this is either a case of you lying or being lazy with your fact checking.

By the way I can't belkive that you actaully thought that if someon bought the name to Eastern Airlines they also bouth the old contracts of the previous carrier.

Thank you for providing some much needed clarity. As time passes by some of us (including me) don't always stay well informed.

Thank you for providing some much needed clarity. As time passes by some of us (including me) don't always stay well informed.

Well one things for sure PTO is his own worst enemy. Along with the fact that the more he talks he just puts on display how little he knows about the airline industry.

Deceitful? No I am not being "deceitful" simply conceding. I am also stating the fact that many union Scabs at the shop seem to think this strike is still on going. Every time someone ask when this strike is going to be over Eastern is always brought up.

Why of cours,e these boards would be boring if people like you didn't. As for fact checking, well that’s what I have you for. :lol:

Can I ask you an honest question, not that I expect an honest answer. Did you actually beleive that the ex-Eastern guys were still on strike because you did a good job making it appear that you did.
I had my doubts that just didn't sound right. One thing that I didn't doubt though was that you guys would set it straight. Not many jumped at the opportunity though so I must think that they didn't know as well.

Also do you actually beleive that the "majority of original scabs up there are X-Eastern Airlines"? As I have stated earlier this is either a case of you lying or being lazy with your fact checking.
Like I said before we have a few here in DTW. Talk is there are a bunch more in MSP. That I have not verified. I never said that the majority of the Original Scabs were X-Eastern. But to add to this I have learned that there are a bunch of AMFA Scabs here that are X-Eastern that came to Northwest via Republic.

I understand that those contracts are long gone. However a union contract never expires, I simply wouldn't be surprised if a union did indeed try to pull off such a stunt. Your response to them is more than appropriate.

I would suggest that "fact checking" aka diligence is often esential to providing a credible reply. Anybody who will not perform diligence is very much in question...ANYONE!

No one person is qualified to serve as the deity of this forum.

No, but Jenny said I'm her Angel. :D :D :D

Oh you lucky dog! Jenny is lovely.

Unfortunately the last lady to called me "Angel" invited me to see her perform. Upon arrival at the convention center I discovered that she was a pro wrestler. She forced me to spend a wild night with her and she now refers to me as "Jungle Beast". Sometimes life isn't pretty.

Oh well, I feel safer with her than I would on a SCABAIRWAYS flight. :D

:lol: ahhhhhhhhh! All you sent me were withered flowers.
well at least big daddy got me $3.99 thing for my Valentines day present. phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht I thought PILOTS were cheap what happened? :lol:

I've always said that no gift would be better than a cheap gift.

Notes for buying a gift for a lady: Give this choice some serious thought. Be only as personal as appropriate. Know what she would like. In certain situations a little drama and affection are good.

I've always said that no gift would be better than a cheap gift.

Notes for buying a gift for a lady: Give this choice some serious thought. Be only as personal as appropriate. Know what she would like. In certain situations a little drama and affection are good.
"An unexpected gift, at an unexpected time". Sean Connery, in Finding Forrester.......Works every time.

:lol: ahhhhhhhhh! All you sent me were withered flowers.
well at least big daddy got me $3.99 thing for my Valentines day present. phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht I thought PILOTS were cheap what happened? :lol:

They weren't withered when I last saw them.......

I guess this means I've lost my favored nation trading status B)