The Answer at Last

Geek

Aug 22, 2005
The following US Airways press release was just issued.

US AIRWAYS’ CUSTOMERS CAN ENJOY THEIR FAVORITE COCA-COLA BEVERAGE ON US

April 20, 2006

US Airways announces that The Coca-Cola Company will be the exclusive provider of soft drinks on all US Airways flights as the two companies recently reached a multi-year deal. All US Airways mainline and US Airways Express flights will transition to Coca-Cola products this summer. In addition to its popular soft drinks, Coca-Cola will also provide the airline with an array of juices and bottled waters as well.

“Nearly one year ago we announced a plan to merge US Airways and America West Airlines, and a frequently asked question by our customers since that announcement was whether the new airline would choose Coca-Cola or Pepsi,†said US Airways Vice President, InFlight Services Ron Cole. “Today, we answer that question with our partnership with The Coca-Cola Company. Not only will this new agreement give our customers the option to enjoy their favorite Coca-Cola product on one of our flights, but today’s announcement provides another step in streamlining our new brand as we continue integrating our recently merged airline.â€

US Airways will offer its customers the following Coca-Cola products:

Coca-Cola classic
Diet Coke
Sprite
Diet Sprite Zero
Minute Maid Apple Juice
Minute Maid Cranberry Apple Cocktail
Minute Maid Orange Juice
Dannon Water
Seagram’s Tonic Water
Seagram’s Seltzer Water
Seagram’s Ginger Ale

“Our goal is to refresh people wherever they are and this new association guarantees that passengers on US Airways flights will be able to enjoy their favorite Coca-Cola products as they travel,†said Bill Levisay, senior vice president, customer and alliance marketing, Coca-Cola North America. “We’ve had a great relationship with US Airways and we’re glad that we will be continuing to partner with them as they expand their business and grow their new brand.â€

US Airways estimates that its customers will consume 39.5 million cans and bottles of Coca-Cola products this year. That translates to 3.3 million a month, or about 108,000 a day.

About the Coca-Cola Company

The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company. Along with Coca-Cola®, recognized as the world's most valuable brand, the Company markets four of the world's top five soft drink brands, including Diet Coke®, Fanta® and Sprite®, and a wide range of other beverages, including diet and light soft drinks, waters, juices and juice drinks, teas, coffees and sports drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy the Company's beverages at a rate exceeding 1.3 billion servings each day. For more information about The Coca-Cola Company, please visit www.coca-cola.com.

About US Airways

US Airways and America West’s recent merger creates the fifth largest domestic airline employing nearly 35,000 aviation professionals. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,800 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. This press release and additional information on US Airways can be found at www.usairways.com or www.americawest.com. (LCCG)

Star Alliance was established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers worldwide reach and a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance was voted Best Airline Alliance by Skytrax in 2003 and 2005. The members are Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, SWISS, TAP Portugal, THAI, United, US Airways and VARIG Brazilian Airlines. Regional member carriers Adria Airways (Slovenia), Blue1 (Finland) and Croatia Airlines enhance the global network. Overall, Star Alliance offers more than 15,500 daily flights to 842 destinations in 152 countries.

- Fly with US -

My only question is what about Dr. Pepper??? :shock: :blink:

US Airways will offer its customers the following Coca-Cola products:

Coca-Cola classic
Diet Coke
Sprite
Diet Sprite Zero
Minute Maid Apple Juice
Minute Maid Cranberry Apple Cocktail
Minute Maid Orange Juice
Dannon Water
Seagram’s Tonic Water
Seagram’s Seltzer Water
Seagram’s Ginger Ale

Those bastards better not be getting rid of my Mott's tomato juice. :shock:

Even though I am not a PEPSI fan....would have been great if they could have kept both companies. Is there any airline that carries both?
=====================================================
According to the Wall Street Journal (4/20), American carries both brands and is the only one to do so.

=====================================================
According to the Wall Street Journal (4/20), American carries both brands and is the only one to do so.
Northwest did at one time, but now serves Pepsi products except to Asia where they still serve both Pepsi and Coke.

It seems not even the CEO will get his favorite drink. :unsure:
From this weeks' FAQ's:

Q. Does Doug Parker know that Diet Dr Pepper isn’t included in the Coke contract?
A. Well, actually, yes he does, and to be perfectly honest, it hasn’t been pretty. The tears, the tantrum, seeing a grown man, a CEO no less, ranting and raving, “I want my Dr. Pepper!†took us back to the 80s anthem “I want my MTV!†But Doug is learning that you can’t always get what you want (sorry, we can’t help ourselves, now we’re quoting Mick Jagger). Ok, in all seriousness, he’s perfectly fine with the Coke decision. It’s the most cost effective decision for the airline and it is the right decision.

coke sucks...sprite is even worse....cant believe it...

Are you out of your mind -- of course they will go with Coke - the majority of business is on the east coast ( business that matters anyway) and people drink coke hun - not Pepsi - I drank Dr. Pepper growing up in the midwest but quickly changed to Coke once on the east coast and it is WONDERFUL.... ask your major retailers why they sell coke i.e. McDonalds (billions and billions served) taco bell serves Pepsi on the east coast and it is not a hit... Pepsi is the loser as it should be - COKE Its the real thing!!! GET OVER IT - JUST like the majority of the seniorty list will be OVER YOU once the merger is final! :p

GET OVER IT - JUST like the majority of the seniorty list will be OVER YOU once the merger is final! :p

There is absolutely no need for this statement. Pointless and unkind statements like this just harbor and perpetuate bad blood for the future integration of the Seniority List.

Real Classy and Real Professional. :down:

The company said , tomato juice, bloody mary mix, coffee and tea will be handled by other vendors.

Are you out of your mind -- of course they will go with Coke - the majority of business is on the east coast ( business that matters anyway) and people drink coke hun - not Pepsi - I drank Dr. Pepper growing up in the midwest but quickly changed to Coke once on the east coast and it is WONDERFUL.... ask your major retailers why they sell coke i.e. McDonalds (billions and billions served) taco bell serves Pepsi on the east coast and it is not a hit... Pepsi is the loser as it should be - COKE Its the real thing!!! GET OVER IT - JUST like the majority of the seniorty list will be OVER YOU once the merger is final! :p
I highly doubt the 24yrs i have will mean much in the way of this seniority list you speak of...which by the way is not the content of these posts anyway.....and Pepsi by far is better tasting than Coke is...results were proven repeatedly in blind taste tests..or didnt you have TV in the Midwest where this news was reported time and time again.... Coke gave the company a cheaper deal and that is the only reason they went with it...LOW COST.....like our new name....and after reading your comments, will likely also be LOW CLASS in due time.......